Louie4's YJ - Page 65 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Louie4's YJ

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #961
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Fort Collins FTW. COLORADO!!!!!! Need I say more?

Way better wheeling than Raleigh. I like NC but can't wait to move somewhere with better wheeling.

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 12:51 AM   #962
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
I guess this is update worthy. My wife's car crapped out on the way to Georgia (waterpump I suspect) so we took the jeep down and now it's my DD until I can get her's fixed. With that comes the little things you find that need replacing:

My spark plug wires shocked me a few days ago. I put my hand on the distributor cap to pinpoint a noise that was coming from the distributor. Then I remembered those wires are over 10 years old. I stuck an insulated screwdriver on the coil wire and could hear it arcing so time for new ones. As for the noise, I took the cap off and sprayed some WD-40 and wiped it all down. It's quiet now but I may look for a junkyard replacement to keep on hand.

My engine mounts look like doo doo. I saw this coming but it needs to be fixed. I PM'ed Browndog about his opinion on rubber vs poly and what he recommends. Once I get a few paychecks I'll be placing my order.

My radio is losing power intermittently and resetting...this annoys me.

So for now the jeep is my main ride but for about 3 days it was our only ride because my Civic was getting painted due to a recall.

In other news I may be relocating to one of 5 cities: Raleigh, Seattle, Fort Collins, Madison (WS), or Palo Alto. Hoping for Raleigh but will take Fort Collins maybe Seattle...maybe.
If you move to Seattle you will have to hit me up!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 04:58 AM   #963
soonermatt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I will keep everyone updated. We actually visited Raleigh a couple weekends ago and liked it a lot. My wife was visiting the Vet School as she is looking to do her PhD in infectious disease and I got to roam around town. We hit a few breweries and had a some great food. I also went to the NC museums because I'm a nerd.
My sister worked at the vet school in Stillwater, OK. She always had crazy stories about surgeries on lions or getting to work on some celebrities dog. Best part for me: TONs of free samples of FrontGuard, Advantix, etc.
soonermatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2013, 07:38 AM   #964
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
Fort Collins FTW. COLORADO!!!!!! Need I say more?

Way better wheeling than Raleigh. I like NC but can't wait to move somewhere with better wheeling.
I agree 100% on that. We shall see though since it will be up to both of us. My wife isn't opposed to it and since CSU is the #1 vet school in the country she would be excited to get in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87 View Post
If you move to Seattle you will have to hit me up!
Roger that. Seattle is not on the top of the list but I think it would be fun for 4-5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermatt View Post
My sister worked at the vet school in Stillwater, OK. She always had crazy stories about surgeries on lions or getting to work on some celebrities dog. Best part for me: TONs of free samples of FrontGuard, Advantix, etc.
That's pretty much how it is for my wife. She is currently working on her medical residency in pathology. So she gets to necropsy all kinds of animals like white tigers, horses, cows, wombats, frogs and bears. I actually helped her with a bull one day. She chopped the head off to get to the brain (rabies case) and I saw her push it through the band saw slicing it right between the eyes.

But that's just another day at the office for her.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 08:55 AM   #965
redmanwalking

Come on down to Raleigh! Theres a good group of jeep guys down here. Look us up on facebook, Raleigh Area Wheelers. Sort of a "club" more of a group that likes to wheel and eat wings afterwards.

It would be even better to have another YJ in the mix.
redmanwalking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #966
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmanwalking View Post
Come on down to Raleigh! Theres a good group of jeep guys down here. Look us up on facebook, Raleigh Area Wheelers. Sort of a "club" more of a group that likes to wheel and eat wings afterwards.

It would be even better to have another YJ in the mix.
I definitely will if we end up there.

I put on a new set of wires from Napa this evening. They seem to make the engine more responsive but we'll see when I get on the road.

I also dropped about $300 on my wife's car. Her waterpump went out in the Jetta so I got a timing kit and a new thermostat. I decided not to put in the Autozone reman'd stuff like my jeep has.

Here's a pic of the old wire set. That red one is one my buddy made for me from his make your own set. He did that when we were sophomores or juniors in high school which was about 10-11 years ago. I looked in the boots and some were corroded or a little rusty. I actually ripped a couple apart getting them out.
img_0417.jpg

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 12-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #967
DefconCJ
1978 CJ7 

Nice seeing your jeeps transformation from the first page on
DefconCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 08:40 PM   #968
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefconCJ View Post
Nice seeing your jeeps transformation from the first page on
Thanks! There will be many more transformations in the years to come I guarantee it.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 12-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #969
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I figure I would post up to update and maybe get opinions.

First off, I graduated with my Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Tennessee last week. I am glad to be done and I feel like a heavy weight has been lifted. I don't think I ever really had the desire to do any jeep work because I was always preoccupied with school. Well now that I'm done I can start tinkering and hopefully doing some real mods once I find a full-time engineering job. I must say, I never thought I would be getting a degree from the Big Orange but stranger things have happened. I suppose I will start pulling for them as long as they are not playing Georgia.

As of now I plan on pulling the t-case and transmission. I need a new pilot bearing as I never replaced the disintegrated one years ago (I was dumb). I also want to put a true neutral plate in the t-case in the event I start flat towing or using a dolly. Oh and I think I will try and find an AX-15 bellhousing with the external slave but that depends on whether I find one and if the price is right. I'm also going to order some of these LED bolts just to have for back-up lights to let people know I'm backing up...not to actually see in the dark.
led-bolts.jpg

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 12-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #970
twinstickd20
Cause 2 is better than 1

1979 CJ7 

Those little LEDs will surprise you, I have 2 of the little bigger ones mounted in the spare tire carrier bolt holes and they are brighter than factory back up lights. Btw congrats on finishing school.
Unread 12-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #971
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinstickd20 View Post
Those little LEDs will surprise you, I have 2 of the little bigger ones mounted in the spare tire carrier bolt holes and they are brighter than factory back up lights. Btw congrats on finishing school.
Thanks.

I think the LEDs will be nice. I'm sure you know I got the idea from you good sir.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 12-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #972
GrantYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Congratualtions on graduating! The world needs more EITs.
“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.” ― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values
GrantYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #973
YJWookiee13
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Hey, Congratulations on graduating! I have something similar I just installed on mine, they're pretty bright!
f6be6dc465d711e3b7b80a0a660ee051_8.jpg

YJWookiee13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #974
varangian
Certified Village Idiot

Congrats on finishing school!
varangian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2013, 08:23 PM   #975
soonermatt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I figure I would post up to update and maybe get opinions.

First off, I graduated with my Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Tennessee last week. I am glad to be done and I feel like a heavy weight has been lifted. I don't think I ever really had the desire to do any jeep work because I was always preoccupied with school. Well now that I'm done I can start tinkering and hopefully doing some real mods once I find a full-time engineering job.
Congrats on that. Next big step for most of us is when you get that student loan paid off. You did this masters so fast you'll tear that up too. Being out of school, doing real work and making real money us so much more fun in my opinion.
soonermatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
cheap , domination , georgia , poison spyder , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.