Louie4's YJ - Page 64 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Louie4's YJ

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire CarrIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 06-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #946
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I will be awaiting updates.
X2.

Let me know if i can help by answering any questions you have

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #947
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider787 View Post
I'll help you with the spring over and traction bar. I've been thinking about the dual batteries, I'm guessing your going to stay 12 volt but have them in parallel? Dual batteries and HO alternator would be a beast. 35's and a high clearance skid will help tremendously.
Yes. I don't think the stock electronics would like the 24V system. I may have to take you up on the help. I may need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
X2.

Let me know if i can help by answering any questions you have
Thanks. I will most likely send you some questions as this starts to unfold.

I guess I will be on the lookout for stock springs...possibly waggy's.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #948
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well I haven't been on JF for a while nor have I done anything with the jeep. I did get all the A/C stuff installed, I just haven't taken it to a shop to get filled up with freon. It's getting cooler so I'm not as motivated. School and work have started to take over for the year but that's OK. I'm actually just enjoying driving the jeep now. Everything is pretty much tip top for daily driving and with cooler days and not as much rain it's nice.

After I'm finished with school and get another professional job around the new year I plan on getting a welder. I have also been on the lookout for an M8274 I can rebuild. I found one in SC but for $450 but it got snagged quick.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 09-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #949
nibstools
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I got real lucky and found my 8274 on cl for 100 bucks needed about 220 dollars in parts. I found a guy selling 140 ft of 3/8" amsteel blue on ebay for 110 shipped. So for 430 bucks i have a fresh 8274 with a 4.5 hp motor. I just need to build a bumper now!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-little-yj-1127802/
nibstools is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 05:41 PM   #950
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibstools View Post
I got real lucky and found my 8274 on cl for 100 bucks needed about 220 dollars in parts. I found a guy selling 140 ft of 3/8" amsteel blue on ebay for 110 shipped. So for 430 bucks i have a fresh 8274 with a 4.5 hp motor. I just need to build a bumper now!
Jealous. I'm lucky if I find one around here for $400. The only way I'll get a better deal is if the owner doesn't know what they have.

Oh and actually I lied. I did replace the starter motor last weekend. The other was spinning but not kicking out and engaging the flywheel. It was intermittent but was getting worse. It took awhile to find the info in Autozone's computers but we finally did. Everything is good to go in terms of starting.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 09-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #951
nibstools
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah the guy i got it from had no idea what he had. Its an april 1982 built unit. Looks like new now though.

YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-little-yj-1127802/
nibstools is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #952
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep news is still stagnant. Nothing really going on since I'm on the tail end of school and maybe on the verge of getting a full-time engineering job again.

However, if any of you are beer drinkers/brewers, my wife got me "paper" for our 1st anniversary that was last Sunday. Labels for our pumpkin beer!

We actually bottled it on our anniversary. This is our third batch. The first was a coffee stout then a hefeweizen. I think this one will be good.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 10-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #953
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Very nice. Im definitely a beer drinker.

I was wondering where you went. Kinda fell off the earth for a while.

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 03:36 PM   #954
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Wow! congrats louie on the one year anniversary, has it really been a year? Time sure flies by. Next week is mine and my wifes 10 year anniversary.
Unread 10-13-2013, 04:28 PM   #955
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
Very nice. Im definitely a beer drinker.

I was wondering where you went. Kinda fell off the earth for a while.
Yeah I have been away for a bit. Once I'm done with school and have a full-time job I will have more time and money...to pay for my school loans and hopefully put a little toward the jeep. Being married, going to school full-time, and having a part-time job in the middle of all that just sucks up any spare time.

But it's all worth it. As for jeep plans, they haven't changed much from previous post. I want to get a Hobart welder and burn my cage in and improve it. I also want to bump up to 35's and work towards an SOA suspension. I am also keeping an eye out for an M8724 to rebuild. I may even sell my M8000 I rebuilt to help fund it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyj View Post
Wow! congrats louie on the one year anniversary, has it really been a year? Time sure flies by. Next week is mine and my wifes 10 year anniversary.
Thanks! It has indeed been a year. One thing I've learned is time flies and it's worth slowing down to take it all in.

I will post back when I try the pumpkin beer and tell everyone how it is. If anyone is into the brewing process we doubled the pumpkin and had when went to bottle we had no priming sugar so we used brown sugar. I think it will be quite delicious and if we let it sit for a while longer it will only get better.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 12-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #956
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I guess this is update worthy. My wife's car crapped out on the way to Georgia (waterpump I suspect) so we took the jeep down and now it's my DD until I can get her's fixed. With that comes the little things you find that need replacing:

My spark plug wires shocked me a few days ago. I put my hand on the distributor cap to pinpoint a noise that was coming from the distributor. Then I remembered those wires are over 10 years old. I stuck an insulated screwdriver on the coil wire and could hear it arcing so time for new ones. As for the noise, I took the cap off and sprayed some WD-40 and wiped it all down. It's quiet now but I may look for a junkyard replacement to keep on hand.

My engine mounts look like doo doo. I saw this coming but it needs to be fixed. I PM'ed Browndog about his opinion on rubber vs poly and what he recommends. Once I get a few paychecks I'll be placing my order.

My radio is losing power intermittently and resetting...this annoys me.

So for now the jeep is my main ride but for about 3 days it was our only ride because my Civic was getting painted due to a recall.

In other news I may be relocating to one of 5 cities: Raleigh, Seattle, Fort Collins, Madison (WS), or Palo Alto. Hoping for Raleigh but will take Fort Collins maybe Seattle...maybe.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 12-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #957
soonermatt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'd probably vote for Raleigh too.
soonermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #958
WidowYj91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Raleigh, then we can wheel together!
Unread 12-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #959
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I will keep everyone updated. We actually visited Raleigh a couple weekends ago and liked it a lot. My wife was visiting the Vet School as she is looking to do her PhD in infectious disease and I got to roam around town. We hit a few breweries and had a some great food. I also went to the NC museums because I'm a nerd.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 12-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #960
jeepguy85
Bringing down the BFH
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4
I will keep everyone updated. We actually visited Raleigh a couple weekends ago and liked it a lot. My wife was visiting the Vet School as she is looking to do her PhD in infectious disease and I got to roam around town. We hit a few breweries and had a some great food. I also went to the NC museums because I'm a nerd.
Raleigh is awesome! I used to work in the wireless telecom industry and worked as a contractor for Sprint PCS in that area. I lived in Cary, right outside Raleigh and want to move back! The wife and I are talking about it when my daughter goes to college. I would take Raleigh over any other city on your list any day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneRZA View Post
Mean Max created Chuck Norris with some spare parts, two trac bars and some differential fluid.
jeepguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.