Louie4's YJ - Page 58 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Louie4's YJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-29-2013, 07:21 AM   #856
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete1991YJ View Post
Wow thats clean work - you would never know. In case yu ever get real rich, check these out... I need to start playing lotto or something http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....ductid=BMT2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete1991YJ View Post
I never could figure out why jeep didn't weld those mounts on the top. Since water is bound to collect there and rot them out.
Thanks Pete. The pictures don't show the welds which aren't the prettiest but they get the job done. I'm not sure why Jeep didn't weld them either. I guess just trying to save some money. I looked into new body mounts completely but decided repairing them would get me buy for a while longer. I was considering these at first:

http://www.swagoffroad.com/BERTHA-Wr...Skid_p_12.html

They don't have any real rust just a little on the surface and I wire wheeled them and painted so there shouldn't be any problems with that for a while.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 07:36 AM   #857
pete1991YJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
Thanks Pete. The pictures don't show the welds which aren't the prettiest but they get the job done. I'm not sure why Jeep didn't weld them either. I guess just trying to save some money. I looked into new body mounts completely but decided repairing them would get me buy for a while longer. I was considering these at first:

http://www.swagoffroad.com/BERTHA-Wr...Skid_p_12.html

They don't have any real rust just a little on the surface and I wire wheeled them and painted so there shouldn't be any problems with that for a while.
Whoa...... those things are BEEF
Unread 03-31-2013, 03:58 PM   #858
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I went out and measured the distance from my relocated pass. side bump stop to the axle and the distance between the drag link and the frame. I found that I have 4.5" between the frame and drag link and 4.375" or so from the bump stop to the axle. I think I may put some washers in between the bumpstop and frame just to be safe.

Here is a picture before the front axle refresher I recently posted about. You can see the bumpstop isn't close to touching and the drag link is nearly hitting the frame.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 04-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #859
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I had some time this evening and the weather was nice so I got into the garage. I did some work on the front bumper. If anyone recalls I busted one of the wings, most likely on a rock. The welds didn't look to have penetrated too good.

I ended up cutting the other side flush and grinding it down then smoothing it out. The side with the missing wing (I knocked it off at camp) was what I welded the plate to. I cut up the detached wing, ground the plate down, welded it, then smoothed it out. I painted both ends but not the entire bumper. It may look pretty dumb and seem lazy but I know how that bumper will look after a ride or two...like it did before.
photo.jpg   photo-2.jpg  

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 04-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #860
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Looks good, real good. Can't wait to see it installed.
trailrider787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #861
phil1330
1964 CJ5 

Louie4 Do plan on going to gulches anytime soon?
Unread 04-12-2013, 05:44 AM   #862
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider787 View Post
Looks good, real good. Can't wait to see it installed.
Thanks. Is your jeep ready?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil1330 View Post
Louie4 Do plan on going to gulches anytime soon?
My next trip is to Uhwharrie in July with trailrider787 and hopefully '92 Vegas YJ. We had talked about hitting Gulches again. If we do it will be this Summer maybe Fall depending if our jeeps are not broken.

I really liked Gulches. Skip is an awesome guy and he helped us get out of a couple jams the weekend we were there.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 04-12-2013, 06:35 AM   #863
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

My jeep is ready to go. Just a few tiny things to do, but it's ready. I'm thinking about renting one of those uhaul car trailers and towing it up to your place with the JK if we come up to Tennessee in June. That way Lora will feel more comfortable if we hit up windrock for a day trip. She also doesn't like cramming the dogs, luggage, and tools all in that small back of the YJ. What do you think?
Unread 04-12-2013, 06:57 AM   #864
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Thanks. Is your jeep ready?

My next trip is to Uhwharrie in July with trailrider787 and hopefully '92 Vegas YJ. We had talked about hitting Gulches again. If we do it will be this Summer maybe Fall depending if our jeeps are not broken.

I really liked Gulches. Skip is an awesome guy and he helped us get out of a couple jams the weekend we were there.
Im ready... Hopefully. I head to uwharrie for the weekend today after work. We'll see how it goes

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 07:00 AM   #865
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My jeep is ready to go. Just a few tiny things to do, but it's ready. I'm thinking about renting one of those uhaul car trailers and towing it up to your place with the JK if we come up to Tennessee in June. That way Lora will feel more comfortable if we hit up windrock for a day trip. She also doesn't like cramming the dogs, luggage, and tools all in that small back of the YJ. What do you think?
Sounds good to me. I like trailering, nice comfy ride and you can wheel without worrying about breaking

Here i am setup for this weekend

forumrunner_20130412_085935.jpg

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 07:02 AM   #866
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I think that is a good idea, especially with everything y'all are bringing. Do you think the JK can tow it? I would think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
Im ready... Hopefully. I head to uwharrie for the weekend today after work. We'll see how it goes
Have fun but don't break it!

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 04-12-2013, 09:06 AM   #867
phil1330
1964 CJ5 

Quote:

10-4 You guys keep me posted. I couldn't make that trip in late 2011 cause my motor blew but now im back up and running.
Unread 04-12-2013, 09:07 AM   #868
phil1330
1964 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
Sounds good to me. I like trailering, nice comfy ride and you can wheel without worrying about breaking

Attachment 606262
Extremely nice set up you have there!!
Unread 04-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #869
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ

Very nice setup! Yeah I wish I had my own trailer, cause it would be nice not worrying about how to get home if something breaks. Maybe I'll try it to uwharrie also.
Unread 04-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #870
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I'm thinking of trying it Lou, not sure how it will do to be honest. So it has the 3.21's but I wanted atleast the 3.73's for towing purpose alone. Couldn't get them so stuck with the smaller ratio. But it's all interstate and not to hilly from my place to knoxvegas so I think it would be fine.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.