Louie4's YJ - Page 54 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Louie4's YJ

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 02-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #796
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnrover View Post
I think this is my favorite build thread on the whole forum. Congrats on the garage; makes things a heck of a lot easier. Garage use is basically the main reason why I come home from college every weekend.
Thanks for the compliments. I'm glad you are enjoying the build. It's been a little slow lately but should pick up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHfireYJ View Post
Very happy with my Big Red jack...
See pick below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete1991YJ View Post
Congrats on the garage!
I got my Sears (craftsman) 3-ton HD with the pair of jack stands on sale for $100 about 20 yrs ago. Still going strong. Very heavy long-frame jack, you try not to pick it up very oftem because it weighs a large fraction of my own weight I have to get help to put it in a truck bed... I've serviced everything with it including fully assembled concrete forms and semi trucks at work. In addition to my own junk.
My dad had some great jack that were about that old 10 years ago until somebody stole them out of the garage. I think after that he had Sam's Club specials. They were pretty good but got left in the weather (I wonder who did that?) I wish he still had those old ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyj View Post
Can't beat $10 at a garage sale. It came with stands too that are currently holding up my Dana 30. Old Penske car care.
I searched craigslist today but didn't have much luck so I just bit the bullet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW8520 View Post
If your a Costco member, I remember seeing a nice jack there for sale. They have a pretty good return policy too. If you're able to break it, they'll exchange for a new one.
We were about to buy a membership then we moved all the way across town. The Costco is way West of us so it's not practical anymore.

Well I bought a Big Red 3 ton low profile to use with my Civic and my wife's Jetta. It also came with (2) jack stands. It cost $140 from Pep Boys down the road. I'm glad to finally have a decent jack of my own. I've never had a good one like this so I'm pretty stoked. Sorry the pic is dark. It was in the garage and I haven't mounted my lights yet.

big-rd.jpg  

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #797
pete1991YJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

You might end up making a lift saddle for it to use under the jeep, get a bit more lift out of it since the jeep is so high (hint from experience, I need to make one for mine too) IIRC the pin under the saddle is 1-1/8".

Oh, and BTW:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...entifier=94943
Unread 02-13-2013, 10:08 PM   #798
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Got my seals and bushing in today. I got 2 pass. side seals since I will most likely destroy the first one.
image-2686151476.jpg  

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 02-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #799
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Got a new t-case this weekend.
305903190033_sam_0409.jpg  

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 02-25-2013, 08:26 AM   #800
pete1991YJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Wait, what happened to your old t-case? Hope you got a good deal anyhow.
Unread 02-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #801
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete1991YJ
X2?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 02-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #802
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete1991YJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327 View Post
X2?

I should have explained but I posted that pic before class started.

My old t-case has the stock chain and I think it is has a lot of slack due to the 307K miles and abuse I've put it through over the last 12 years. My front output yoke has about 1/8" of play in and out which I imagine is not good when the suspension cycles. On top of that I'm unsure what SYE I have. Tom Woods himself has told me he thinks it's his but I'm not sure. The rear seal is leaking but I don't know what seal to get for it.

Now onto the new case. A buddy brought it to me this past weekend. It was another friend of ours case who has a '95 that pretty much sat in a barn. They put a JB Conversions SYE in it and he wheeled on it a couple times then got an Atlas II.

I was offered the cast about 8 months ago and have just not been able to get it, free that is. I also got several spare front shafts (thanks Steven) and one is a solid pass. shaft for when I remove the CAD. As of now I have 2 good spares at my disposal. The stock shaft had been in there from '93 to 2012.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 02-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #803
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
I should have explained but I posted that pic before class started.

My old t-case has the stock chain and I think it is has a lot of slack due to the 307K miles and abuse I've put it through over the last 12 years. My front output yoke has about 1/8" of play in and out which I imagine is not good when the suspension cycles. On top of that I'm unsure what SYE I have. Tom Woods himself has told me he thinks it's his but I'm not sure. The rear seal is leaking but I don't know what seal to get for it.

Now onto the new case. A buddy brought it to me this past weekend. It was another friend of ours case who has a '95 that pretty much sat in a barn. They put a JB Conversions SYE in it and he wheeled on it a couple times then got an Atlas II.

I was offered the cast about 8 months ago and have just not been able to get it, free that is. I also got several spare front shafts (thanks Steven) and one is a solid pass. shaft for when I remove the CAD. As of now I have 2 good spares at my disposal. The stock shaft had been in there from '93 to 2012.
Would you be willing to get rid of just the SYE from the old one? Or is it not worth anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 06:16 AM   #804
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post
Would you be willing to get rid of just the SYE from the old one? Or is it not worth anything?
I'll probably take apart the case and check it out. I'll let you know how it looks. I'm not really sure if this kit is a hack n' tap or a standard kit.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:44 AM   #805
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
I'll probably take apart the case and check it out. I'll let you know how it looks. I'm not really sure if this kit is a hack n' tap or a standard kit.
To be honest all I know about SYEs is that I need one. Haha. I really need to do more studying.

Quote:
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Unread 02-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #806
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14

To be honest all I know about SYEs is that I need one. Haha. I really need to do more studying.
I real sye replaces the output shaft with a larger one with more splines, making it significantly stronger. Hack n tap just drill and thread onto the stock output shaft, not giving ne type of strength gain. That being said I've never seen either break.
PA_YJ19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #807
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_YJ19 View Post
I real sye replaces the output shaft with a larger one with more splines, making it significantly stronger. Hack n tap just drill and thread onto the stock output shaft, not giving ne type of strength gain. That being said I've never seen either break.
Ahh that makes sense, thank you!

Quote:
Unread 02-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #808
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14

A true sye replaces the output shaft with a thicker shaft with more splines. Hack n tap u just cut the original shaft and drill n tap it, giving u no gain in strength. A true sye makes ur TC much stronger, although I've never seen either break.
Unread 02-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #809
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Wow sorry double post, it said my first one didn't send.
Unread 02-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #810
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_YJ19

A hack&tap is a real SYE. It eliemates the slip yoke and allows you to run CV shaft. There just two different types of SYE's...

Tags
cheap , domination , georgia , poison spyder , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.