Louie4's YJ - Page 45 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Louie4's YJ

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 11-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #661
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider787 View Post
Very nice, I need some of those for mine too, right now I just have the stock bulbs in the holes on mine. I may need the model number on those puppies.
I paid around $15 shipped for (2).

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...mp-rmpc-x/829/

It will look 10x better than the stock bulbs you have sticking through there.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #662
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I used those same ones on my mce fenders, they work great. 3/4 inch drill bit worked nicely to make the hole for mine but looks like u got nice predrilled holes. That almost takes the fun out of it. Only prob I have is that without running more wiring, they only work as either the turn signal or as running lights. I set mine up to blink with the turn signal rather than just come on with the headlights, I do wish they did both. The guys from MCE have a write up on how to wire it to work both ways but seemed like a lot of extra wires for no real benefit for me.
PA_YJ19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #663
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_YJ19 View Post
I used those same ones on my mce fenders, they work great. 3/4 inch drill bit worked nicely to make the hole for mine but looks like u got nice predrilled holes. That almost takes the fun out of it. Only prob I have is that without running more wiring, they only work as either the turn signal or as running lights. I set mine up to blink with the turn signal rather than just come on with the headlights, I do wish they did both. The guys from MCE have a write up on how to wire it to work both ways but seemed like a lot of extra wires for no real benefit for me.
I was curious how that would work. I have the stock wires from side markers I can splice into. My biggest need is for the turn signal. These may be easier to see than the ones on the grill.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 11-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #664
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

If u splice into the stock side markers they will work with the turn signal when u don't have the lights on. Once u put ur headlights on they don't do nething. If u put the wires backwards from stock then they will come on with the headlights but no blinky haha. I no nothing about wiring so I jus left them as turn signals although who really needs to see them in the daylight? I wish they blinked while I had my headlights on...
Unread 11-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #665
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If u splice into the stock side markers they will work with the turn signal when u don't have the lights on. Once u put ur headlights on they don't do nething. If u put the wires backwards from stock then they will come on with the headlights but no blinky haha. I no nothing about wiring so I jus left them as turn signals although who really needs to see them in the daylight? I wish they blinked while I had my headlights on...
I shall see what I can figure out and post up. Thanks for the heads up.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 11-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #666
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

No prob, hopefully u can figure it out. I absolutely hate messing with wiring. I know the turn signals work off a floating ground n that is what allows them to blink in sync with the ones under our headlights but that's about all I no haha.
Unread 11-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #667
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
No prob, hopefully u can figure it out. I absolutely hate messing with wiring. I know the turn signals work off a floating ground n that is what allows them to blink in sync with the ones under our headlights but that's about all I no haha.
I'm not wiring guru either but I have a voltmeter. Maybe the electronic flasher I put in with the tail lights will help with the blinking issue...maybe.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 11-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #668
nibstools
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have the same ones in my tube fenders. they are wired to the original side marker wires. they do nothing when the lights are off. When I turn the lights on they light up solid. when the left blinker is on the left marker blinks and right/right.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-little-yj-1127802/
nibstools is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #669
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

You can wire them one way or the other way for headlights on or off. Or you can tap into the wires for the front marker light and put the two positives together and run the negative and it works both ways. I didn't know this until I had to wire up a tj and we both had a big duh moment.
Unread 11-06-2012, 05:45 AM   #670
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibstools View Post
I have the same ones in my tube fenders. they are wired to the original side marker wires. they do nothing when the lights are off. When I turn the lights on they light up solid. when the left blinker is on the left marker blinks and right/right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
You can wire them one way or the other way for headlights on or off. Or you can tap into the wires for the front marker light and put the two positives together and run the negative and it works both ways. I didn't know this until I had to wire up a tj and we both had a big duh moment.
Thanks guys. I'm tapping into the wires from the stock side markers. I will report back once I get them.

I also got my stock TJ pitman arm in the mail from a fellow JF member.
photo.jpg  

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 11-06-2012, 08:48 AM   #671
navman
1995 YJ Wrangler 

If you have an old style flasher the low draw on it from the leds will make it either flash real fast or stay on solid. Swith the flasher to a solid state type for low draw and that would fix that issue. You may not run into that if the flasher is already been changed.
Unread 11-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #672
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by navman View Post
If you have an old style flasher the low draw on it from the leds will make it either flash real fast or stay on solid. Swith the flasher to a solid state type for low draw and that would fix that issue. You may not run into that if the flasher is already been changed.
I'm thinking I'll be OK. Here's the flasher I have. It has a dedicated ground.
2prongflasher.jpg  

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 11-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #673
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Got my LED's today for the PS fenders. I can't beat them for the price.
photo.jpg  

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 11-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #674
Fernando
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Lou! first of all let me say congratulations on your recent marriage... I have been away from the forum, just started my own business and the workload is massive, but finally I was able to squeeze some time to visit. Excellent work with the tail lights!

If you still have your stock tail lights, and feel like sharing, I'll take them from you, of course I'll pay the shipping, you don't need to worry about shipping overseas, I'll give you a Florida address.

Your jeeps looks better every time I visit the forum, sweet machine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer
I don't mind writing for Fernando because he reads, and re-reads EVERY WORD!... Good to write for someone that actually READS the answer, and takes time to UNDERSTAND what comes back for an answer!
-------------------------------
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2012, 05:34 AM   #675
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
Hey Lou! first of all let me say congratulations on your recent marriage... I have been away from the forum, just started my own business and the workload is massive, but finally I was able to squeeze some time to visit. Excellent work with the tail lights!

If you still have your stock tail lights, and feel like sharing, I'll take them from you, of course I'll pay the shipping, you don't need to worry about shipping overseas, I'll give you a Florida address.

Your jeeps looks better every time I visit the forum, sweet machine!
Thanks a bunch Fernando! I hope your new business is going well. I know it's tough for any entrepreneur.

I would be happy to mail them to you. Go ahead and PM me your Florida address and once I have them mailed I'll send you the shipping cost. It might be a week or so as school and work have been taking up my weekdays.

Thanks again!

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia

Tags
cheap , domination , georgia , poison spyder , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.