Louie4's YJ - Page 44 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Louie4's YJ

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Reply
Unread 10-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #646
PA_YJ19
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Altoona, PA
Posts: 1,063
Ur LEDs look like snowflakes haha that's sorta sweet. I finally hooked my license plate lights up lastnight, so hard to wire them to the tailights without feeling like ur fudging the tailights wiring all up. Atleast I'm legal to drive at night again tho. U planning on putting in sum backups lights?

PA_YJ19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #647
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
 
'92 vegas YJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 2,352
Very nice. Those holes look so perfect.

My PSC corner armor came with the cutout so I had to trace it and cutout my factory sheetmetal as well. I used a jig saw and my cuts are.... well...... not so circle like but with the corners on you cant tell the difference
__________________
~'92 YJ with many upgrades and many more calling my name..... it never ends
~'07.5 Dodge Ram Megacab 2500, 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #648
twinstickd20
Cause 2 is better than 1
 
twinstickd20's Avatar
1979 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: nashville
Posts: 1,847
Looks good dude
__________________
My Build Threadhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...seven-1090289/
twinstickd20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #649
CDW_327
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Commerce MI/Traverse city MI, Michigan
Posts: 1,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4
I think I may get this steering box bracket to move my box up 1". My shorty pitman arm has reduced my turning radius and I'm not digging it.

Anybody got a spare stock pitman arm lying around?
I have a pitman arm I don't need, I'll ship I to ya if you want it.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
Getting Redemption: 93 YJ Build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yj-redemption-93-wrangler-build-1368262/
CDW_327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #650
Louie4
Powah Injanir
 
Louie4's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjg26 View Post
How far did you measure down?
Didn't. Just made the bottom radius of the hole saw hit the bottom edge of the hole for the plug. I lucked up and barely hit the wheel well on the inside of the tub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_YJ19 View Post
Ur LEDs look like snowflakes haha that's sorta sweet. I finally hooked my license plate lights up lastnight, so hard to wire them to the tailights without feeling like ur fudging the tailights wiring all up. Atleast I'm legal to drive at night again tho. U planning on putting in sum backups lights?
At some point. I just need to figure out where to put them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
Very nice. Those holes look so perfect.

My PSC corner armor came with the cutout so I had to trace it and cutout my factory sheetmetal as well. I used a jig saw and my cuts are.... well...... not so circle like but with the corners on you cant tell the difference
It's good to have buddies with the right tools .

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinstickd20 View Post
Looks good dude
Thank you good sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327 View Post
I have a pitman arm I don't need, I'll ship I to ya if you want it.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Most definitely. I'll PM you my address. Just let me know how to send you the money. I can do paypal right now.
__________________
Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #651
navman
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mass
Posts: 663
What about mounting a or a pair of backups to the tire carrier right inside the lower corners next to the tire?
__________________
95 YJ 5.0 linked etc
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...-build-931241/
navman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #652
Louie4
Powah Injanir
 
Louie4's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by navman View Post
What about mounting a or a pair of backups to the tire carrier right inside the lower corners next to the tire?
This is a definite possibility. I saw some LED's on superbriteleds.com that I looked pretty good and decent prices.

My streamer bars are coming in tomorrow. I also got confirmation on my Parts Mike bracket. I also asked about an appropriate pitman arm. Jeremy there suggested a stock TJ arm because it has less drop than the stock YJ and still maintains the 5.5" eye to eye length.

Anyone has a stock TJ pitman arm?
__________________
Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #653
soonermatt
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4

This is a definite possibility. I saw some LED's on superbriteleds.com that I looked pretty good and decent prices.

My streamer bars are coming in tomorrow. I also got confirmation on my Parts Mike bracket. I also asked about an appropriate pitman arm. Jeremy there suggested a stock TJ arm because it has less drop than the stock YJ and still maintains the 5.5" eye to eye length.

Anyone has a stock TJ pitman arm?
I have the superbrightleds. I like them.

I am not sure the TJ arm will work. I switched to a TJ gearbox and tried to put my YJ arm on it. I had to get a TJ arm. I *think* on may have a groove in a different place. I'm not confident in this claim so take it with a grain of salt.
soonermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #654
skyj
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Helena, MT
Posts: 2,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermatt

I have the superbrightleds. I like them.

I am not sure the TJ arm will work. I switched to a TJ gearbox and tried to put my YJ arm on it. I had to get a TJ arm. I *think* on may have a groove in a different place. I'm not confident in this claim so take it with a grain of salt.
Gtxracer used the same NASCAR arm you did on his TJ so a TJ arm should fit a YJ box.
__________________
build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/skyj-eccentric-build-1467426/ '90 YJ 5.2 magnum MPI, AX15, NP231 SYE, Dana 30 4.56 open/ 8.8 4.56 detriot locker. 1" shackles
2" BL, 4" stretch all on saggy waggy springs.
skyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #655
Louie4
Powah Injanir
 
Louie4's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyj View Post
Gtxracer used the same NASCAR arm you did on his TJ so a TJ arm should fit a YJ box.
That's what I'm thinking. As you know, I got the NASCAR arm idea from him. I am still looking now but school is cranking up again with test and projects. So it may take a back seat...ugh.
__________________
Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #656
skyj
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Helena, MT
Posts: 2,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
That's what I'm thinking. As you know, I got the NASCAR arm idea from him. I am still looking now but school is cranking up again with test and projects. So it may take a back seat...ugh.
Im with ya there school is crazy busy. All my free time now is spent doing homework.
__________________
build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/skyj-eccentric-build-1467426/ '90 YJ 5.2 magnum MPI, AX15, NP231 SYE, Dana 30 4.56 open/ 8.8 4.56 detriot locker. 1" shackles
2" BL, 4" stretch all on saggy waggy springs.
skyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #657
Louie4
Powah Injanir
 
Louie4's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,744
Got the bracket today. It's huge and beefy.
image-2703185758.jpg   image-2960256292.jpg  
__________________
Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 05:03 PM   #658
Louie4
Powah Injanir
 
Louie4's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,744
I ordered a pair of these gems today.

I got them from SuperbriteLED's at an awesome price. They will fit into the holes on my PS fenders.
timthumb.jpeg  
__________________
Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #659
Louie4
Powah Injanir
 
Louie4's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,744
The holes near the bottom outside corners of the head lights on both fenders. I didn't need to show this but I felt compelled.

__________________
Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #660
trailrider787
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Buford, Georgia
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4
I ordered a pair of these gems today.

I got them from SuperbriteLED's at an awesome price. They will fit into the holes on my PS fenders.
Very nice, I need some of those for mine too, right now I just have the stock bulbs in the holes on mine. I may need the model number on those puppies.
trailrider787 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.