Louie4's YJ - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Louie4's YJ

UCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-12-2011, 01:02 PM   #46
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ View Post
Yea, I got a electrical engineering tech degree from Purdue. I didn't want a straight up EE degree or else I probably would have went to UAHuntsville. Plus, Purdue has also been like a family school for me, as well. I ended up being the third generation grad from Purdue.
That's cool. Georgia has been a family school for me. I even got the same degree as my granddad, Ag. Engineering. My brother and cousins recently graduated from there also. Not to mention my aunts and uncles and dad that attended as well.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2011, 03:13 PM   #47
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4

That's cool. Georgia has been a family school for me as well. I even got the same degree as my granddad, Ag. Engineering. My brother and cousins recently graduated from there as well. Not to mention my aunts and uncles and dad that attended as well.
You're basically in the same boat as me. My grandfather, mom, dad and aunt all went to Purdue. Plus, I got the same degree as my dad.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #48
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You're basically in the same boat as me. My grandfather, mom, dad and aunt all went to Purdue. Plus, I got the same degree as my dad.
That's awesome. It was weird because when I was requesting records from the engineering department at UGA they said they had my dad's file too. I was confused because I knew he got a Business Management degree at Georgia State but I asked him about it and he said he started at Georgia in the engineering program but dropped out after two years. He said he got the "taste of money" and thought it was more important than going to school.

He later went back after having 3 kids, a full-time and part-time job. He regretted not finishing his engineering degree.

Does anyone in your family work at Bechtel? One of my buddies from college works there in Huntsville.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 08-12-2011, 11:20 PM   #49
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
Does anyone in your family work at Bechtel? One of my buddies from college works there in Huntsville.
No, I'm the only one. I just so happened to find a job fair they were having in Huntsville while I was at my last job. It turned out to be in the field I was aiming for out of school, so I went and gave it a shot. Didn't even have to wait for an interview and was given a job offer within 10 minutes of meeting my interviewer. It was a WAY different situation than I was used to at all the school job fairs I attended.

If you're ever up this way, shoot me a PM or something. I'm always down to meet new Jeep people. Everyone I know and see around here has a street car. I only see offroad vehicles, legit ones at least, once and a blue moon. Maybe I can plan some Jeep wrenching if you're up here and down to help.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2011, 07:59 PM   #50
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If you're ever up this way, shoot me a PM or something. I'm always down to meet new Jeep people. Everyone I know and see around here has a street car. I only see offroad vehicles, legit ones at least, once and a blue moon. Maybe I can plan some Jeep wrenching if you're up here and down to help.
Most definitely will do. Do the same if you're in my area. Hope the 37's are fun.

I guess I'll put a few updates on here.

Well my driver's side female seat belt broke. It wouldn't stay latched so I unbolted it and pried it apart and found that the little tang on the spring plate was broke and it wasn't pushing the "Press" button to the top. So today I went to the junkyard and found a female seat belt out of a Ford Econoline van. I took a rear sear buckle to make sure it would work and it did. Most all the older Ford's worked but the Econoline van had the longest strap.

I thought this was really cool. I was leaving my favorite place for lunch going back to work and saw this right around the corner. It's a 1935 Chevy dumptruck. A family heirloom based on the laminated article inside.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 08-17-2011, 08:40 PM   #51
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Not much of an update but I figure I'd post it. I flattened the Ford Econoline van seat belt at the end and trimmed it, drilled it, and then re-bent it to make it long enough as the stock one. I also had to split the sheath about halfway down to get it back in then I wrapped it in electrical tape to keep it together.

So for $3.48 and a little time I have a replacement buckle. It beats the $45.99 for a replacement.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 09-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #52
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well I went to Morris Mountain ORV in Delta, AL this weekend. It was a lot of fun but my buddy kept breaking his CJ.

Here's a few pics. Most are of my buddy. He took a couple of me and there is one video of me but I don't have it yet.

Us at the campsite.

The not long after we got on the trail the first day my buddy slid down into this hole when he was trying to go around. His clutch linkage came loose so it made it interesting getting back to camp. It was also the second time that day his clutch linkage broke.

Here is me on a trail called the Gauntlet. I wasn't stuck but definitely in between a rock and a hard place...pun intended.

Then I came up to a couple of rocks. I went around after slamming into them.

My buddy had snapped one hub the next day. Here he is about to snap the other and it blew up.

First hub.

The other hub. This was done after my buddy blew the other hub. I unlocked it and we kept riding until this happened.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 09-12-2011, 06:20 PM   #53
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like I'll need to replace my front axle u-joints. The drivers side has play and I can see space between the cap and the axle shaft ear. I just hope the ears aren't egged out. I'm also considering replacing the ball joints since they are the originals from '93 and they have 302K miles on them.

I'll post pics later. I also have a video I need to upload.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 09-22-2011, 06:28 PM   #54
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well I got a new Precision Super Strength u-joint from O'Reillys as well as a 36MM 1/2" drive socket. After using my high-lift jack handle as a cheater bar I ran into an issue. I'll be borrowing my buddies extension and breaker bar next week. That should also allow the PB to soak in.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 09-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #55
stone
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Cool build. I go to Durhamtown for a week every year with the quads, I might bring the Jeep next time.
Unread 09-23-2011, 08:21 AM   #56
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone View Post
Cool build. I go to Durhamtown for a week every year with the quads, I might bring the Jeep next time.
Thanks man. The last time I went to Durhamtown they had a new 4x4 section that wasn't complete. I rode one trail on it because the weekend I went there was a big dirt bike race and they had closed it off for most of the weekend. A wheelin' buddy was there a couple weeks ago and said they've done a lot more and it's a lot of fun. He said they had some pretty good rocks and climbs so I'm thinking about giving it another shot after I confirm they are not having another quad or dirt bike race all weekend.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 09-25-2011, 09:13 PM   #57
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Finally got some videos up. It's in three different ones because my buddy emailed them to me with his iphone and it split them up. Yes there is some school girl giggling.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 10-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #58
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I guess I'll show what I finished up.

Here is my jeep in the apartment complex parking lot. They are lenient with me since I can get my jeep running in a couple days. This time it sat up for several days because I got sick after taking it a part.

Taken a part. Also notice where my axle is in relation to my bumpstop. My axle is pushed forward, I guess because it's sagged and flattened out. This has caused my drag link TRE at the pitman arm to hit my tie rod upon full stuff on the drivers side. I'm wondering if it would help if I reverse my springs or swap them out with the rear ones. I don't think so but I'm going to look at a Black Diamond install manual.

Here's the u-joint when I got it loose. There was one cap that was dried up but for the most part it was in OK shape.

Oh and apparently since I have ABS I have the larger u-joint like the '94 &'95 models. The first u-joint I bought was way too small. When I took it back I mentioned I have ABS and it was like lightning struck them when I said that. So I got my new larger u-joint and packed it with hi-temp wheel bearing grease.

Here's the u-joint installed. Can you tell it was worked on?

I think the next thing I'm going to do is grease the chassis and replace the TRE boots.

Oh and if I look up a couple post my buddy blew his CJ-7 hub on our last wheeling trip. Well we're going again this coming weekend and my buddy got off his duff and swapped out some 6 bolt premium Warn hubs. They shouldn't be the weak link this time.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 10-11-2011, 08:15 PM   #59
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well I need to rebuild my Warn M8000 winch. This past weekend I'm pretty sure I burned it up. It started to smoke and stopped pulling. After it cooled it worked again but I have no idea how it will go under load.

When I cracked it open it looked pretty bad. I've already ordered some replacement parts like gaskets, drum bushings, thrust washer, aluminum tie rods and a decal. I had to take the bumper off first to get to it though.

My works space:

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 10-11-2011, 08:17 PM   #60
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'm planning on cleaning up the motor with brake cleaner and degreasing everything.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia

Tags
cheap , domination , georgia , poison spyder , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.