Louie4's YJ - Page 113 - JeepForum.com
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1681 of 1703 Old 07-22-2017, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Louie4
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Sending this thing back to Tom Wood. It will be lengthened and maybe new u-joints. I also want to get rid of the boot.

Attached Images

Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1682 of 1703 Old 07-30-2017, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Louie4
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well, I started replacing my pics on this thread. I've gotten to post #7...ugh.

As for jeep stuff, my front driveshaft is at Tom Wood's facility and they should be calling me tomorrow for modifications. I also took the driver's side tire off because I heard noises that only someone really paranoid about their jeep would hear. Anyway, I took the tire of and then the caliper and pads. I turned the rotor and I think the unit bearing is starting to wear. I'll remove it this week and see what's happening. I tried to think of the last time I replaced the unit bearings...so I searched my thread and found I replaced the passenger side in 2012 but not the drivers side. That means the one I didn't replace is probably 10 years old, maybe.

Also, ssyj94 is sending me his sleeve and bolts for his Genright tank. He didn't use them and I need some. Huge thanks to him and the good folks on JF.

Finally, my pads are less than 1/4" thick. Anyone think I should replace them? I want to get some Centric rotors and decent pads. My calipers are Autozone specials that are rusted because I never painted them.
Attached Images

Lou

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

post #1683 of 1703 Old 07-31-2017, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Louie4
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Trying to track down a noise in the rear but still unsure. I did find my rear u-bolts needed tightening and my rear calipers are loose but it's just the caliper on the guide pins. I noticed in don't have the abutment clips so I'll need to get some. I also think I need clips for the front. The pads are leaving indentions in the bracket. I also got my drivers side wheel bearing off and confirmed it was bad.
Attached Images

Lou

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

post #1684 of 1703 Old 08-01-2017, 01:51 PM
Skerr
1985 CJ7 

Ugh... you're a better man than I!

Kerrdog
Go Fish! <*////><

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
post #1685 of 1703 Old 08-01-2017, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Louie4
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr
Ugh... you're a better man than I!
Thanks, Scott. It will be slow going no doubt but I'll get there.

Well, I replaced the hub bearing with a new Timken. I also put new guide pin boots on the front drivers caliper and abutment clips on my 8.8 because they were missing and the pads were starting to wear into the bracket. I tried to find some for the D30 but no luck.
Attached Images

Lou

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

post #1686 of 1703 Old 08-04-2017, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
Louie4
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I bought a pitman arm puller, steering wheel lock plate tool, and a 5/8" drill bit for upcoming projects. Those are:

-Grind out keys on Waggy pitman arm and re-clock. Hopefully my drag link will extend far enough to center my steering wheel.

-Pull steering wheel and try to figure out why the right turn signal is still hard to lock in.

-Drop gas tank and instal Genright aluminum tank.

I still need to finish my traction bar too.

Lou

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

post #1687 of 1703 Old 08-04-2017, 07:15 AM
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4
I bought a pitman arm puller, steering wheel lock plate tool, and a 5/8" drill bit for upcoming projects. Those are: -Grind out keys on Waggy pitman arm and re-clock. Hopefully my drag link will extend far enough to center my steering wheel. -Pull steering wheel and try to figure out why the right turn signal is still hard to lock in. -Drop gas tank and instal Genright aluminum tank. I still need to finish my traction bar too.
Lots to do buddy.
post #1688 of 1703 Old 08-06-2017, 05:59 AM Thread Starter
Louie4
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider787
Lots to do buddy.
Yeah but all relatively small projects. The gas tank will be more involved but doable. I got a new gasket but I wonder if I should get a new pump?

Lou

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

post #1689 of 1703 Old 08-07-2017, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Louie4
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I ground the keys out of the waggy arm last night and mounted it one spline over. It helped with lining up my steering wheel but I don't think it helped my turning radius. Though I didn't expect it to since the pitman arm can only travel so far.

I may need to seriously consider making a new drag link. Mine is nearly too short.

Lou

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

post #1690 of 1703 Old 08-07-2017, 12:31 PM
'92 vegas YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
I ground the keys out of the waggy arm last night and mounted it one spline over. It helped with lining up my steering wheel but I don't think it helped my turning radius. Though I didn't expect it to since the pitman arm can only travel so far.

I may need to seriously consider making a new drag link. Mine is nearly too short.
I just got done doing the same thing to my Jeep. I had to file out the keys in the waggy pitman arm then I threw it on so it gave me almost equal throw left/right. When I did that I had to build a new drag link that is 2" longer. I get a lot better steering turning left now, before it was pretty pathetic how far I could turn right and little I could turn left. And that is with full width 1 tons too.

~'92 YJ with many upgrades and many more calling my name..... it never ends
~'07.5 Dodge Ram Megacab 2500, 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month

My one ton YJ unlimited build

post #1691 of 1703 Old 08-08-2017, 05:15 AM Thread Starter
Louie4
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ
I just got done doing the same thing to my Jeep. I had to file out the keys in the waggy pitman arm then I threw it on so it gave me almost equal throw left/right. When I did that I had to build a new drag link that is 2" longer. I get a lot better steering turning left now, before it was pretty pathetic how far I could turn right and little I could turn left. And that is with full width 1 tons too.
Hey Chris. Your jeep is looking great. I think I do need to extend the drag link otherwise I'm afraid it might fail at the threaded part of the TRE's if it hits a rock hard enough. Right now I have a solid 1.5" of thread visible on each TRE.

Lou

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

post #1692 of 1703 Old 08-08-2017, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
Louie4
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Oh yeah, got my front driveshaft back yesterday and installed it. I went with the dust boot over the rubber boot.
Attached Images

Lou

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

post #1693 of 1703 Old 08-17-2017, 06:32 AM Thread Starter
Louie4
1993 YJ Wrangler 

No jeep updates. My daughter is going through the 4 month sleep regression and my grass is at my waist in places. So, other things are taking precedent.

I have, however, driven most of the gas out of my jeep so I can drop the tank.

Lou

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

post #1694 of 1703 Old 08-19-2017, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Louie4
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Got my gas tank out, 30 minutes later.
Attached Images

Lou

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

post #1695 of 1703 Old 08-22-2017, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
Louie4
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well, I found out my fuel pump sending unit is different than most YJ's. It has a large Bosch pump and the assembly is too big to sit in the Genright tank. So, I did not end up installing the new tank. Instead, I cleaned up my sending unit, replaced the gasket with new, and swapped the vents and grommets from the Genright to my stock tank. I plan to keep the Genright until my fuel pump dies. Then I'll buy a new unit and put the Genright in. Pics below.
Attached Images

Lou

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Tags
cheap , domination , georgia , poison spyder , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.