Lo2aY's Chinook TJ - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Lo2aY's Chinook TJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 11-27-2012, 10:15 PM   #121
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hi guys. Sorry I've had no time between work, family and fixing 4 Jeeps. It seems like every time i get one done, another starts to complain. The J8 has a Hemi in it also. However, its missing a top! I couldn't find a top for it in the parts list. Chrysler doesn't list. AAV doesn't list it. I have also tried AEV and they don't have one either. I don't think bestop will make me a one off top for it especially when it's not there.
Since the Hemi was installed in house. Its overheating, i fixed that. Well, kind of. The two speed fan would only kick in at high speed. Problem was simple. The wiring for the fan was incorrect. Fixed that, and the temps dropped. The radiator has a leak in it. Had to make a custom one. But it's only temporary until i get an aluminum one from the US.

Got Rubi rockers installed
BFG KM2s also installed
Stereo and 2 dash speakers installed.

The J8 is an 08. That's been sitting for over 4 years. Picked it up with less than 30miles on the dash.

I need a top for this thing. Weather will be brutal again in a few months.

img_20121117_001641.jpg   img_20121117_002036.jpg   forumrunner_20121128_081505.jpg   forumrunner_20121128_081533.jpg  

LJ Build thread - Spider

TJ Build thread - Chinook

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Brute Build thread (soon)
Quote:
This hobby is not about who can shop the best, it's about creating things that did not exist before. It's about giving a machine a soul and making it an extention of your persona.

There is always someone who can spend more than you can. Don't measure your self worth against others. You can create, you can be fast and you can fail. It's all part of life.
Lo2aY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #122
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Western Motors Abu Dhabi might be able to help?

They have a diesel J8 in military tan with soft top (kind of ... it is a closed military style soft top) as mobile workshop truck.

Do you want a direct contact? ( to the GM )

Sent from my GT-I9300 using JeepForum
chmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #123
TheDoc25
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Also Dhofar Auto in Muscat have 2 of these as support trucks both have half doors and soft tops on them.

Do you want me to see if they can source one for you?

How did you come by that sitting around in SA?
TheDoc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 11:26 PM   #124
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

J8's are built in egypt ... and with the right connections and cash ...lol

EDIT: exactly HERE http://www.aav.com.eg/Product_TJL-J8.html (they have tops as well in their accessories list!)
and the MIL business is done from Gibraltar by those guys:
http://www.jeep-j8.com/index.html

chmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 01:17 AM   #125
oalali
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Pickup conversion ...
Unread 11-29-2012, 06:59 AM   #126
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

must be nice to have 4 jeeps and a mansion.
MountainMan864 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 10:34 AM   #127
revmaynard
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
I'm sure it's nicer for him to know he has those things because of the hard work he has put into getting to that point.
revmaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 07:33 AM   #128
oalali
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I might have missed it... But what color are you planning to paint it ?
Unread 12-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #129
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Nice score on the J8 , wish they would sell them here .
Unread 12-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #130
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

You all should see the new color
EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #131
ramthis426
2005 WK 

What's the deal with leaving.it set for a year looked like a really nice jeep to let set like that
Unread 12-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #132
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Just skimmed through this thread.

Jeeps and pics = mumtaaz as always
EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #133
TrailJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo2aY
Hi guys. Sorry I've had no time between work, family and fixing 4 Jeeps. It seems like every time i get one done, another starts to complain. The J8 has a Hemi in it also. However, its missing a top! I couldn't find a top for it in the parts list. Chrysler doesn't list. AAV doesn't list it. I have also tried AEV and they don't have one either. I don't think bestop will make me a one off top for it especially when it's not there.
Since the Hemi was installed in house. Its overheating, i fixed that. Well, kind of. The two speed fan would only kick in at high speed. Problem was simple. The wiring for the fan was incorrect. Fixed that, and the temps dropped. The radiator has a leak in it. Had to make a custom one. But it's only temporary until i get an aluminum one from the US.

Got Rubi rockers installed
BFG KM2s also installed
Stereo and 2 dash speakers installed.

The J8 is an 08. That's been sitting for over 4 years. Picked it up with less than 30miles on the dash.

I need a top for this thing. Weather will be brutal again in a few months.
Maybe the guy who made the cool canvas top for his lj would help you with a top for this? The canvas is pretty retro.

'06 LJ
TrailJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #134
TrailJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ
Pics?

'06 LJ
TrailJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2012, 01:01 AM   #135
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmo View Post
Western Motors Abu Dhabi might be able to help?

They have a diesel J8 in military tan with soft top (kind of ... it is a closed military style soft top) as mobile workshop truck.

Do you want a direct contact? ( to the GM )

I tried Chrysler Middle East but no luck with them. but let's try, at this point I'm willing to try just about anything to get a factory top for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc25 View Post
Also Dhofar Auto in Muscat have 2 of these as support trucks both have half doors and soft tops on them.

Do you want me to see if they can source one for you?

How did you come by that sitting around in SA?
That would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmo View Post
J8's are built in egypt ... and with the right connections and cash ...lol

EDIT: exactly HERE http://www.aav.com.eg/Product_TJL-J8.html (they have tops as well in their accessories list!)
and the MIL business is done from Gibraltar by those guys:
http://www.jeep-j8.com/index.html

I tried calling them but they have an old number on their website. I couldn't get a hold of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalali View Post
Pickup conversion ...
Naaah. I have a brute kit for a TJ. not modding a J8 that extreme. it will lose its name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Yes its nice. lets trade and post your findings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmaynard View Post
I'm sure it's nicer for him to know he has those things because of the hard work he has put into getting to that point.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalali View Post
I might have missed it... But what color are you planning to paint it ?
The TJ has been painted temporarily. it's a flat billet silver/gray. weird color. once I get all the parts installed and test fit everything. it will be completely disassembled and repainted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Nice score on the J8 , wish they would sell them here .
I do too. I don't like the fact that I can't get a top for it because it's not a civilian production vehicle. I'm waiting on our JK75 J8. that should be easy to service as it's like the JK74 JK

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ View Post
I should update this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramthis426 View Post
What's the deal with leaving. It set for a year looked like a really nice jeep to let set like that
Funny you say that, I was thinking about a similar thing this morning on my way to work. diesel motors in general are not likable by most in this region. people don't like the noise the smell and the power feel of the diesel motors (generally speaking). the J8 rolled in with a diesel engine, stripped interior and no creature comforts. Most people here like luxury cars, even the younger folks. you see most kids driving Lexus and BMW 7 series or an S class Merc. it's slowly changing with the globalization thing going on worldwide. And so the J8 feel under the (oh that's not a cool Jeep category). There was a prince who initially put a deposit on it. he was going to use it for hunting. another guy wanted to buy it to run his workers back and forth from the desert. I wanted to buy it to save it from both those people lol. I also have some parts that I will be installing once I get an aluminum radiator for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ View Post
Just skimmed through this thread.

Jeeps and pics = mumtaaz as always
lol shokran my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailJ View Post
Maybe the guy who made the cool canvas top for his lj would help you with a top for this? The canvas is pretty retro.

'06 LJ
Are you talking about my LJ?

LJ Build thread - Spider

TJ Build thread - Chinook

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Brute Build thread (soon)
Quote:
This hobby is not about who can shop the best, it's about creating things that did not exist before. It's about giving a machine a soul and making it an extention of your persona.

There is always someone who can spend more than you can. Don't measure your self worth against others. You can create, you can be fast and you can fail. It's all part of life.
Lo2aY is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.