Lo2aY's Chinook TJ - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Lo2aY's Chinook TJ

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 09-03-2012, 11:30 AM   #91
Dogbones
2006 TJ Wrangler 

your photography skills are incredible dude i feel like im there...keep it coming!

Dogbones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #92
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Will do. Planning for another trip next month. This one should be longer and more fun with a lot of sites. Taking both jeeps if my friend decides to drive one of them.

LJ Build thread - Spider

TJ Build thread - Chinook

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Brute Build thread (soon)
Quote:
This hobby is not about who can shop the best, it's about creating things that did not exist before. It's about giving a machine a soul and making it an extention of your persona.

There is always someone who can spend more than you can. Don't measure your self worth against others. You can create, you can be fast and you can fail. It's all part of life.
Lo2aY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #93
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Which one of those fan clutchs is mopar.

You can also see the hood was replaced by an AEV hood. Those hoods are hard to come by nowadays
forumrunner_20120905_191311.jpg   forumrunner_20120905_191351.jpg   forumrunner_20120905_191358.jpg  

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:
This hobby is not about who can shop the best, it's about creating things that did not exist before. It's about giving a machine a soul and making it an extention of your persona.

There is always someone who can spend more than you can. Don't measure your self worth against others. You can create, you can be fast and you can fail. It's all part of life.
Unread 09-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #94
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Last night Chinook decided to act on its name and overheat. So after tracing the problem it turns out to be the cheap radiator decided to fail. What to expect from a cheap Chinese replica. (something I hate hear is all the knock off parts! I guarantee you that there's a replica to almost everything here. I wouldn't doubt it if someone did a replica of my jeeps lol) back to subject. so I got the factory mopar replacement for a radiator and WP and left work early today to get the parts and install them. Lossened everything up. But noticed the fan shroud was missing two bolts and the ones that were holding it were not the right ones. Then noticed that the AC wasn't held correctly. Wtf!!! So after installing the new radiator (thanks to the STU write up found here:
http://www.stu-offroad.com/engine/ra...radiator-3.htm

Then gave the Jeep a good look over and found out that there's a wire hanging by the T-case. It's for the dash light, since mine never lights up. The plug is missing.
Where can I find this plug online?

Jeep runs in good shape so far
forumrunner_20120908_202322.jpg  

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:

Unread 09-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #95
Dogbones
2006 TJ Wrangler 

so does that mean no aev high-line kit or any high-line kit?
Unread 09-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #96
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbones View Post
so does that mean no aev high-line kit or any high-line kit?
it has the AEV heat reduction hood right now. the one that they discontinued.

I have a Brute kit waiting for a donor TJ. <-- that thing will be super badass.

I just have too many projects going on right now.

Chinook is going to be mild.. you will see once my stuff shows up.

Right now i'm focusing on getting my J8 delivered. then looking for a TJ to build the ultimate Brute. as of right now, I'm just waiting to get my container with all of the parts. should be here around november.

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:

Unread 09-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #97
MGIMELLI
2013 JK Wrangler 

My HEMI tj would make a great start to a brute.
Unread 09-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #98
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Lo2aY:

check this one out ... 6.4 Hemi (zero mileage crate and transmission) Brute on D60 Rockjocks and 37" tires. You might want to revisit a few things ... but other than that

FOR SALE in DUBAI
http://tnydu.biz/DOjb45
chmo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #99
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

What kind of mileage are you getting with the Hemi?

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #100
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmo View Post
Hey Lo2aY:

check this one out ... 6.4 Hemi (zero mileage crate and transmission) Brute on D60 Rockjocks and 37" tires. You might want to revisit a few things ... but other than that

FOR SALE in DUBAI
http://tnydu.biz/DOjb45
Interesting! I might call them. I know they sell replicas. I hope this one doesn't have any of that crappie on that Jeep.

Technical question. Anyone know if the airbag in my 01 steering wheel would fit in the newer steering wheels? 03-06

I got a new steering wheel from the US and I'm worried that I would need to buy a new airbag, and that will be a waste of money.
Thoughts?

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:

Unread 09-14-2012, 05:17 AM   #101
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Bump

Did some reading regarding my AC not blowing cold air at stop. People are saying it's normal, it didn't do that before :s how is it normal? I just replaced my fan clutch to a new one. Something isn't right here.

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:

Unread 09-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #102
Dogbones
2006 TJ Wrangler 

can't wait to see this get going in november
Unread 09-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #103
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Looks like my compressor needs to be replaced. That's why my AC doesn't work anymore. Ordered one and waiting for it to show up.

Replaced the idler pulley at the mean time
forumrunner_20120923_012527.jpg  

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:

Unread 10-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #104
Dogbones
2006 TJ Wrangler 

are u going to put a rack or savvy tail-lights on this rig? hurry up november
Unread 10-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #105
revmaynard
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Now I'm officially caught up on all of your builds, I love you work and can't wait to see more of it!
revmaynard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.