Lo2aY's Chinook TJ - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Lo2aY's Chinook TJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap SkidRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 08-16-2012, 11:58 PM   #76
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo2aY View Post
It's very safe. Media is BS. I've been to many places. Saudi is one of the safest. Ask my international friends living here.

Sorry between work, family and trying to locate another truck for my 2015 expo, I had no time. Promise to link up when I'm in your area again. I'm not interested in JK8. I personally think their useless. The bed is not functional
great! if everything goes well (inshallah) my V8 conversion should be debugged by then and ready to show off
Eid Mubarak in advance !

(oops did not know the JK8 is only show)

chmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 12:32 AM   #77
justanotherjpr

Awesome pictures and awesome Jeep! Thanks!
justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #78
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hello from Saudi
forumrunner_20120819_162023.jpg   forumrunner_20120819_162034.jpg   forumrunner_20120819_162048.jpg   forumrunner_20120819_162101.jpg   forumrunner_20120819_162111.jpg  

forumrunner_20120819_162125.jpg   forumrunner_20120819_162135.jpg   forumrunner_20120819_162151.jpg   forumrunner_20120819_162208.jpg  

LJ Build thread - Spider

TJ Build thread - Chinook

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Brute Build thread (soon)
Quote:
This hobby is not about who can shop the best, it's about creating things that did not exist before. It's about giving a machine a soul and making it an extention of your persona.

There is always someone who can spend more than you can. Don't measure your self worth against others. You can create, you can be fast and you can fail. It's all part of life.
Lo2aY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #79
JEEPER188
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Great pics, looks like it would be fun to wheel there. :Wave:
JEEPER188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 12:40 PM   #80
dustinGERSTEL
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Looks awesome!
-4" RC X-Series Lift / 33" x 12.50 Goodyear Wrangler Kevlar MT/R's
dustinGERSTEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 11:13 PM   #81
kbarwall
1985 CJ7 

man it looks so cool/nice there. One day I will make over there...one day. Cant wait to see progress being made on the TJ.
kbarwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 06:18 AM   #82
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Ha'il trip is officially over.

Jeep survived the 3000+km drive

Need to replace the fan clutch (it's locked - on position) that would have been ugly if it was on the off position lol it would probably be hot all the time.

Clutch retainer clip broke off. it hold the clutch pedal to the rod. I zipped tied it for the time being until I get back here. I'll probably leave it like that. it seems to hold better than stock.

Rear track bar reloc bracket came loose. fixed that before I left.

Other than that it was a great drive. really love the OME lift. works great and handels load excellent.

H3 Alpha snapped the AC belt and was forced to drive the 600+km without AC.

nuff talk.. here's the first part of the trip. enjoy

Drove 30km cross the dunes to get to Jubbah (a city near Ha'il) to check it out

took a quick tour then decided to head back to Ha'il and here's Chinook flexing in Moab of Saudi

Palmtrees as a reminder that this is not moab but better

Here's a close to the front end.. you can see where the sand blasted the front end on one of my trips to Dammam. Notice the SS

Since my Jeep has sand tires on it. we decided to let the H3 play

Got air?

Here's my friend shocked about what he did and how he could make it up the hill

Camel patrol

Red Rock + Red Rock

Something common in this pic.. Jeff dont answer

Saudi has a lot more than sand. here's proof

Chinook absorbing the view at 1400 meters <-- man i'm not used to saying that

Life is a game.

Potential trail here. I marked it and will come back for it with my JK. a good 8 out of 10 type trail

Moab Arabia

Alpha

SBS

TBC..

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:
This hobby is not about who can shop the best, it's about creating things that did not exist before. It's about giving a machine a soul and making it an extention of your persona.

There is always someone who can spend more than you can. Don't measure your self worth against others. You can create, you can be fast and you can fail. It's all part of life.
Unread 08-26-2012, 06:20 AM   #83
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Never leave without it

Day 1 officially over

Day two pics coming soon

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:

Unread 08-26-2012, 06:48 AM   #84
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

mmmm satphone. i want one. so F-ing expensive

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 07:15 AM   #85
TheDoc25
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Great Photos, Hey Spyder satphones are cheap over here, you need one when you wander off to the desert bugger all coverage once you leave a highway.
TheDoc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #86
Dogbones
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I think your TJ is beautiful and unique as is. the protective coating that your jeep has is that sort of like a peel-off plastidip latex type paint? or is it something else? How do you protect your frame from all that sand blasting?
Dogbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 07:04 AM   #87
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc25 View Post
Great Photos, Hey Spyder satphones are cheap over here, you need one when you wander off to the desert bugger all coverage once you leave a highway.
It is expensive! have you tried calling it's probably the most expensive way of communication after contacting a spaceship lol

the idea is to carry it for emergencies only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbones View Post
I think your TJ is beautiful and unique as is. the protective coating that your jeep has is that sort of like a peel-off plastidip latex type paint? or is it something else? How do you protect your frame from all that sand blasting?
Thats a single coat paint. it comes off easy. I did it because it was cheap and the factory paint was getting bad. if my parts show up on time. I will repaint it and install the new parts. if not, then i'm going to wait until next summer when we build/rebuild our cars and trucks

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:

Unread 08-30-2012, 07:50 AM   #88
jaumes2000
1983 CJ7 

Great photos and built....
Greetings from Venezuela
jaumes2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 06:01 AM   #89
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaumes2000 View Post
Great photos and built....
Greetings from Venezuela
Thanks!

Here are the rest of the pics from our trip

perfect place to relax?

lions back?

a warning sign

Turnado

Ha'il is known for their generosity and hospitality.

This was in fact a home to a family a long long time ago. This type of house is made out of clay and wood. the top is made out of palm tree leaves. whats interesting is that the temperatures inside of whats left of this home is significantly lower then outside. not just the shade, I believe that the airflow, ventilation and clay insulation help a lot. I've always wondered how people were dealing with heat without AC. This was a great experience. Places like this should be protected from any sort of damage as it resembles history in the region.

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:

Unread 08-31-2012, 06:09 AM   #90
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

We had a break before we got here. but we Just had to stop and absorb the view. too good to just drive by

perfect optional obstacle

H3 owner and friend Haitham. soon to have a Jeep

and this is my favorite sunset shot

as you saw. most of those pics were landscape. mainly showing the terrain. I have GPS coordinates of all this and will be using it as a reference. Next is to start naming things and going through them one by one and have accurate maps. This place exceeded my expectations and as you can see has a lot potential. I think with the right push, we will be able to make this happen. I wish I didn't live 6 hours away

temps were around 100-110F so winter time averages around 70s.

now wheres my parts! I'm tired of the wait Is it October yet

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.