Lo2aY's Chinook TJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Lo2aY's Chinook TJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 07-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #16
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdrummer93

I did not know of that law, thanks for letting me know about it. I'll have to think about it. Cause with the shipping and import cost/time if I can't get the off-road parts here then I will probably not do a lot of building. And if thats the case I might just try and find a Rubi if I can't fine something built and do as much as I can stock. I'll just have to look around. Thanks for the info. Ramadan Kareem.
Rubicons were never offered in the ME. So you might have to find an imported one which would be really hard to find. you could buy whatever and do group buys with us. That would save you a lot on shipping. A 40ft container was 5500 for me from Denver to Riyadh. I'm sure it will be cheaper if you shipped coast to coast. Like Dammam to NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum5.9
Love that you finally have a tj build thread...can't wait for the jk and j8 threads.
Thanks! Im working on the JK build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN
This will be interesting... I like that you have a sweet JK crawler, a badass LJ expedition rig, and now a DD TJ sand cruiser. I would say at this point you have a serious jeep addiction my friend
What can I say, it's my way of life. I don't like driving anything else. That includes the Ferraris and lambos I drove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12
subscribing to this build as well!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PEPL
Wow, the Chinook has more rust on it than I would have expected from a desert rig.

I look forward to more
Negative on the rust. That's just crap stuck to it. It's so dry there. I have hard time breathing sometimes. You can leave metal raw and I doubt you could see any rust on it. That's why when the front end got sand blasted I just left it lol.

On a different subject. My JK started today she's alive!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

LJ Build thread - Spider

TJ Build thread - Chinook

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Brute Build thread (soon)
Quote:
This hobby is not about who can shop the best, it's about creating things that did not exist before. It's about giving a machine a soul and making it an extention of your persona.

There is always someone who can spend more than you can. Don't measure your self worth against others. You can create, you can be fast and you can fail. It's all part of life.
Lo2aY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #17
mhopton
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Lo2ay, Hope you didn't get caught up in all the mess at the theaters in Aurora. What a nightmare - I don't understand people.

Look forward to seeing the build.
mhopton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #18
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo2aY View Post
Rubicons were never offered in the ME. So you might have to find an imported one which would be really hard to find. you could buy whatever and do group buys with us. That would save you a lot on shipping. A 40ft container was 5500 for me from Denver to Riyadh. I'm sure it will be cheaper if you shipped coast to coast. Like Dammam to NY.
Alright thanks for the info.

OffroadSC
Rockdrummer93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 03:31 PM   #19
Dogbones
2006 TJ Wrangler 

i hope your okay Lo2ay...
Dogbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #20
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbones
this is scary, you said you were going to the batman premier and I just read that the shooting took place in Colorado and you haven't been online.

i hope your okay Lo2ay...
I'm okay man. Thanks for asking. We were far from that theater. But hat could have been us. I feel sorry for those affected

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:
This hobby is not about who can shop the best, it's about creating things that did not exist before. It's about giving a machine a soul and making it an extention of your persona.

There is always someone who can spend more than you can. Don't measure your self worth against others. You can create, you can be fast and you can fail. It's all part of life.
Unread 07-23-2012, 06:10 AM   #21
Dogbones
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo2aY View Post
I'm okay man. Thanks for asking. We were far from that theater. But hat could have been us. I feel sorry for those affected

that is a relief i'm excited to see what colors you pick for this rig, do we have any options to vote on
Unread 07-23-2012, 09:02 PM   #22
TheDoc25
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hi Lo2ay,
Is it cheaper to buy from the States than in Dubai?

I am in Vermont for about 15 days in Aug, just wondering if i should do some shopping?

Nick.
TheDoc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2012, 12:48 AM   #23
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Saw your build list. I don't know whats available in your location, but I'd suggest an Odyssey brand battery over an Optima.

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2012, 02:31 AM   #24
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbones View Post
that is a relief i'm excited to see what colors you pick for this rig, do we have any options to vote on
Thank you for bringing that up, yes there are options:

2011 JK Tan (that should be the color of my J8 as well)
White
Dark Dark metallic blue (looks black at night)
Dirty yellow.. (it has a hint of gray in it)
Electric blue
sunburst orange.

I'm not really set on which color to go with until everything is preinstalled.. there's also a lot of things I did not mention just because I want to keep it interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc25 View Post
Hi Lo2ay,
Is it cheaper to buy from the States than in Dubai?

I am in Vermont for about 15 days in Aug, just wondering if i should do some shopping?

Nick.
If you plan on getting a container, then yes it's cheaper. if your shipping palats, it should be cheaper but it would depend on what your buying too. size vs weight.

I don't buy anything from the shops there, because honestly, I don't think those guys know what their talking about. I refuse to give my money to someone that's not well educated about the part he or she is selling. unless it's something I know, then it would depend on the part and how fast I would need it. Parts their are generally overpriced because of shipping. So, just compare prices (including shipping) and decide from there. you should always support your local businesses, but if they just want your money, then screw that

Luai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak17 View Post
Saw your build list. I don't know whats available in your location, but I'd suggest an Odyssey brand battery over an Optima.
I have heard great things about the Odyssey. I'll check to see if I can get it on time before shipping

Man, I'm running out patients. I just want to start this project. There's a lot of slick rock that I want to explore

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:

Unread 07-24-2012, 03:57 AM   #25
TheDoc25
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Luai,

I know exactly what you mean I have been in a couple and the price was crazy high, even just for a tow hitch....

I prefer wrecking yards..
TheDoc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #26
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

anyone recommend the tuffy center consol and the overhead consol?

I'm going to install two radios (CB/ RACE).

any reviews on those?

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:

Unread 07-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #27
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I wondered how long it would be before you started building tis one too.
Unread 07-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #28
Dogbones
2006 TJ Wrangler 

more pictures!! get this done
Unread 07-25-2012, 07:50 PM   #29
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Must wait. This is so close from being done, I can taste it in my mouth.

Patience my good friends. Trust me, no one wants to install as bad as I want too. Lol

This is somewhat a major overhaul.

image-3901629637.jpg  

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:

Unread 07-26-2012, 12:10 AM   #30
dtempleton

At least get rid of those milk jugs on your TJ man! I think they are a little bent up anyways

Last edited by dtempleton; 07-26-2012 at 12:21 AM..
dtempleton is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.