Lo2aY's Chinook TJ - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Lo2aY's Chinook TJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 01-23-2014, 01:21 AM   #241
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCREECH View Post
that's awesome! love the expedition feel of that thing. Really cool.

Were you stuck in the sand or pushing through? I'm getting ready to buy a Gobi Rack, can't decide if I want a stealth rack or the other one.
Thanks!

good eye, yes I was stuck. but only because I was driving in 2WD

went back in to 4WD and it drove right out. then left it back in 2WD for the rest of the trip.

When we get rain on the dunes, the sand hardens and the vehicle floats and grips much better. You will see a lot of small cars driving over dunes too.

It's a lot of fun. but I still prefer the rocks

LJ Build thread - Spider

TJ Build thread - Chinook

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Brute Build thread (soon)
Quote:
This hobby is not about who can shop the best, it's about creating things that did not exist before. It's about giving a machine a soul and making it an extention of your persona.

There is always someone who can spend more than you can. Don't measure your self worth against others. You can create, you can be fast and you can fail. It's all part of life.
Lo2aY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2014, 02:08 AM   #242
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

took the J8 on a camping trip. we had a lot of fun

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:
This hobby is not about who can shop the best, it's about creating things that did not exist before. It's about giving a machine a soul and making it an extention of your persona.

There is always someone who can spend more than you can. Don't measure your self worth against others. You can create, you can be fast and you can fail. It's all part of life.
Unread 02-02-2014, 08:20 PM   #243
TheDoc25
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sand looks nice and wet, great photos as usual...
TheDoc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2014, 05:58 AM   #244
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks! here are a few more

Dancing Jeeps

Sheik J8

Here we are rescuing a Toyota

group shot

lunch spot

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:

Unread 02-03-2014, 08:38 AM   #245
theCREECH
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Love that last shot under the overhang. Looks great, how did you like your roof rack?
theCREECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 07:47 AM   #246
MGIMELLI
2013 JK Wrangler 

As always great pictures!
Unread 03-19-2014, 04:44 AM   #247
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

loving the Gobi rack. excellent quality.

Lets get this thread back on it's feet.

Chinook is officially under construction.

I pulled the T-case out last night.

doing SYE and Tera 2LOW.

Also pulling the Transmission out (hopefully today) for a much needed rebuild. I hope the dealership stocks parts for the TJ. they are not very popular in Saudi. at least not yet

the trans will get rebuilt at the shop.

ARBs and 4:10s will follow the T-case surgery.

The transmission rubber mount is shot and needs to be replaced.

Engine/trans/t-case all leak. New seals are in order.

Check it.

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:

Unread 03-23-2014, 01:26 AM   #248
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Tranni is out. the parts for NV3550 are very expensive. anyone know where I could find new tranni parts for a good deal?

finished installing the body lift/Motor lift this weekend. SYE is installed with the Tera 2LO.

The rear main seal is leaking, so it's probably a good time to replace it along with a new oil pan.

Clutch is also getting replaced

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:

Unread 03-31-2014, 01:02 AM   #249
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Took the weekend off and did some camping and exploring near Riyadh.

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:

Unread 07-28-2014, 05:22 AM   #250
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hey guys

It's been awhile since I updated this thread.

Chinook is on its feet and running again. I'm having some overheating issues. It started with my griffin rad leaking, temps got really hot and had to replace it back to stock. burped the system, still runs hot. So I thought the thermostat seized from sitting and decided to tackle that along with flushing the water system from the rad and motor. That seemed to help a little but it still runs 225 on average. It's really hot here. outside temps are somewhere between 105 and 110. The other TJs that I have run happy, somewhere in the (205/210), even at this outside temps.

The Jeep is re-geared to 4.10s and has a 1" body lift. The rad, clutch fan, fan and water pump are all fairly new. I tried every trick but couldn't get the Jeep to run cool. It's affecting the AC system as well.

I did notice once that while the Jeep was worming up from a cold start. the top rad hose was hot and the lower one was still cold. but it didn't get up to operating temps. So I'm assuming the thermostat didn't get up to operating temps to open.

thoughts?

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:

Unread 07-28-2014, 08:33 AM   #251
MWV247
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a bad thermostat.... What brand did you buy and operating temp?
MWV247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2014, 11:19 PM   #252
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I put in a Napa 190 degree stat. It's new, the one I removed is under a year old.

I'm starting to think that the radiator is clogged. not crazy bad, but bad enough to cause it to over heat. My eyes are pealed at the dash at a traffic light hoping it doesn't get really hot.

on another subject, my rear axle is leaking fluid from the breather hose. It has an ARB locker. if you guys recall, I had to drill drain holes for the oil to circulate. I assumed the holes were not big enough, so I pulled the diff cover off, pulled the shafts out. They are dry meaning that it's not seeing fluid. this is so confusing. It's a rear axle, the seals are on the outsides.

After making the holes bigger, and had the Jeep on a level ground, it still freaking spits fluid from the vent. fluid level is where it needs to be. Maybe the fluid is too thick at 140? but even then, the front axle should act up the same way if that was the case.

On the bright side, I have some 35s and ATX slabs coming in for Chinook. I don't see any TJs run those wheels. very popular with the JK crowd.

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:

Unread 07-29-2014, 11:52 AM   #253
MWV247
2005 LJ Wrangler 

By chance do you have any rust colored radiator fluid? If it is clogged you'll have to run a bunch of water through it to clean it up. I can't help you on the arb stuff....
Unread 08-03-2014, 02:00 AM   #254
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWV247 View Post
By chance do you have any rust colored radiator fluid? If it is clogged you'll have to run a bunch of water through it to clean it up. I can't help you on the arb stuff....
I don't, it's still a semi new radiator with a 50/50 mixed coolant and distilled water.

I'm starting to think the motor is the issue. I have an audible knock with a cold start then it dissipates as it worms up. But I do recall this started when I replaced the water pump, fan and fan clutch.

What viscosity diff fluid are you running? Maybe i'm running to thick of oil (140)?

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:

Unread 08-03-2014, 04:54 AM   #255
MWV247
2005 LJ Wrangler 

75-140 gear oil

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.