Lo2aY's Chinook TJ - Page 9 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 262 Old 11-27-2012, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Lo2aY
4 Wheel Station
 
Lo2aY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Posts: 604
Hi guys. Sorry I've had no time between work, family and fixing 4 Jeeps. It seems like every time i get one done, another starts to complain. The J8 has a Hemi in it also. However, its missing a top! I couldn't find a top for it in the parts list. Chrysler doesn't list. AAV doesn't list it. I have also tried AEV and they don't have one either. I don't think bestop will make me a one off top for it especially when it's not there.
Since the Hemi was installed in house. Its overheating, i fixed that. Well, kind of. The two speed fan would only kick in at high speed. Problem was simple. The wiring for the fan was incorrect. Fixed that, and the temps dropped. The radiator has a leak in it. Had to make a custom one. But it's only temporary until i get an aluminum one from the US.

Got Rubi rockers installed
BFG KM2s also installed
Stereo and 2 dash speakers installed.

The J8 is an 08. That's been sitting for over 4 years. Picked it up with less than 30miles on the dash.

I need a top for this thing. Weather will be brutal again in a few months.

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20121117_001641.jpg   IMG_20121117_002036.jpg   ForumRunner_20121128_081505.jpg   ForumRunner_20121128_081533.jpg  

Instagram: Lo2aYJP

LJ Build thread - Spider

TJ Build thread - Chinook

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Brute Build thread (soon)
Quote:
This hobby is not about who can shop the best, it's about creating things that did not exist before. It's about giving a machine a soul and making it an extention of your persona.

There is always someone who can spend more than you can. Don't measure your self worth against others. You can create, you can be fast and you can fail. It's all part of life.
Lo2aY is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 262 Old 11-27-2012, 11:15 PM
chmo
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1,293
Western Motors Abu Dhabi might be able to help?

They have a diesel J8 in military tan with soft top (kind of ... it is a closed military style soft top) as mobile workshop truck.

Do you want a direct contact? ( to the GM )

Sent from my GT-I9300 using JeepForum

"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know"
my LS1 swap build thread
THE cheap progressive bump stop solution
chmo is offline  
post #123 of 262 Old 11-27-2012, 11:18 PM
TheDoc25
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oman
Posts: 326
Also Dhofar Auto in Muscat have 2 of these as support trucks both have half doors and soft tops on them.

Do you want me to see if they can source one for you?


How did you come by that sitting around in SA?
TheDoc25 is offline  
post #124 of 262 Old 11-27-2012, 11:26 PM
chmo
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1,293
J8's are built in egypt ... and with the right connections and cash ...lol

EDIT: exactly HERE http://www.aav.com.eg/Product_TJL-J8.html (they have tops as well in their accessories list!)
and the MIL business is done from Gibraltar by those guys:
http://www.jeep-j8.com/index.html

Sent from my GT-I9300 using JeepForum

"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know"
my LS1 swap build thread
THE cheap progressive bump stop solution
chmo is offline  
post #125 of 262 Old 11-29-2012, 01:17 AM
oalali
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 788
Pickup conversion ...
oalali is offline  
post #126 of 262 Old 11-29-2012, 06:59 AM
MountainMan864
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Posts: 3,656
must be nice to have 4 jeeps and a mansion.
MountainMan864 is offline  
post #127 of 262 Old 11-30-2012, 10:34 AM
revmaynard
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Decatur
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
must be nice to have 4 jeeps and a mansion.
I'm sure it's nicer for him to know he has those things because of the hard work he has put into getting to that point.
revmaynard is offline  
post #128 of 262 Old 12-08-2012, 07:33 AM
oalali
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 788
I might have missed it... But what color are you planning to paint it ?
oalali is offline  
post #129 of 262 Old 12-08-2012, 09:13 AM
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,701
Nice score on the J8 , wish they would sell them here .

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
post #130 of 262 Old 12-08-2012, 09:16 AM
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel
 
EugeneTheTJ's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 7,300
You all should see the new color
EugeneTheTJ is offline  
post #131 of 262 Old 12-08-2012, 10:48 AM
ramthis426
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: sharpsburg
Posts: 658
What's the deal with leaving.it set for a year looked like a really nice jeep to let set like that

05 3.7 wk QT1,2.25 Old Man EMU,255/75/17 GY silent armors,call of duty black moabs,Spidertrax
1.5,Pinch weld & rear fender mod,hypertech max energy.1992 jeep xj larado 4.0,4.5 rought country lift, coustome built rear bumper with tire swing soon to be on 33s
ramthis426 is offline  
post #132 of 262 Old 12-08-2012, 11:08 AM
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel
 
EugeneTheTJ's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 7,300
Just skimmed through this thread.

Jeeps and pics = mumtaaz as always
EugeneTheTJ is offline  
post #133 of 262 Old 12-08-2012, 11:48 AM
TrailJ
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo2aY
Hi guys. Sorry I've had no time between work, family and fixing 4 Jeeps. It seems like every time i get one done, another starts to complain. The J8 has a Hemi in it also. However, its missing a top! I couldn't find a top for it in the parts list. Chrysler doesn't list. AAV doesn't list it. I have also tried AEV and they don't have one either. I don't think bestop will make me a one off top for it especially when it's not there.
Since the Hemi was installed in house. Its overheating, i fixed that. Well, kind of. The two speed fan would only kick in at high speed. Problem was simple. The wiring for the fan was incorrect. Fixed that, and the temps dropped. The radiator has a leak in it. Had to make a custom one. But it's only temporary until i get an aluminum one from the US.

Got Rubi rockers installed
BFG KM2s also installed
Stereo and 2 dash speakers installed.

The J8 is an 08. That's been sitting for over 4 years. Picked it up with less than 30miles on the dash.

I need a top for this thing. Weather will be brutal again in a few months.
Maybe the guy who made the cool canvas top for his lj would help you with a top for this? The canvas is pretty retro.

'06 LJ
TrailJ is offline  
post #134 of 262 Old 12-08-2012, 11:49 AM
TrailJ
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ
You all should see the new color
Pics?

'06 LJ
TrailJ is offline  
post #135 of 262 Old 12-09-2012, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
Lo2aY
4 Wheel Station
 
Lo2aY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmo View Post
Western Motors Abu Dhabi might be able to help?

They have a diesel J8 in military tan with soft top (kind of ... it is a closed military style soft top) as mobile workshop truck.

Do you want a direct contact? ( to the GM )

Sent from my GT-I9300 using JeepForum
I tried Chrysler Middle East but no luck with them. but let's try, at this point I'm willing to try just about anything to get a factory top for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc25 View Post
Also Dhofar Auto in Muscat have 2 of these as support trucks both have half doors and soft tops on them.

Do you want me to see if they can source one for you?


How did you come by that sitting around in SA?
That would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmo View Post
J8's are built in egypt ... and with the right connections and cash ...lol

EDIT: exactly HERE http://www.aav.com.eg/Product_TJL-J8.html (they have tops as well in their accessories list!)
and the MIL business is done from Gibraltar by those guys:
http://www.jeep-j8.com/index.html

Sent from my GT-I9300 using JeepForum
I tried calling them but they have an old number on their website. I couldn't get a hold of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalali View Post
Pickup conversion ...
Naaah. I have a brute kit for a TJ. not modding a J8 that extreme. it will lose its name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
must be nice to have 4 jeeps and a mansion.
Yes its nice. lets trade and post your findings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmaynard View Post
I'm sure it's nicer for him to know he has those things because of the hard work he has put into getting to that point.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalali View Post
I might have missed it... But what color are you planning to paint it ?
The TJ has been painted temporarily. it's a flat billet silver/gray. weird color. once I get all the parts installed and test fit everything. it will be completely disassembled and repainted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Nice score on the J8 , wish they would sell them here .
I do too. I don't like the fact that I can't get a top for it because it's not a civilian production vehicle. I'm waiting on our JK75 J8. that should be easy to service as it's like the JK74 JK

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ View Post
You all should see the new color
I should update this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramthis426 View Post
What's the deal with leaving. It set for a year looked like a really nice jeep to let set like that
Funny you say that, I was thinking about a similar thing this morning on my way to work. diesel motors in general are not likable by most in this region. people don't like the noise the smell and the power feel of the diesel motors (generally speaking). the J8 rolled in with a diesel engine, stripped interior and no creature comforts. Most people here like luxury cars, even the younger folks. you see most kids driving Lexus and BMW 7 series or an S class Merc. it's slowly changing with the globalization thing going on worldwide. And so the J8 feel under the (oh that's not a cool Jeep category). There was a prince who initially put a deposit on it. he was going to use it for hunting. another guy wanted to buy it to run his workers back and forth from the desert. I wanted to buy it to save it from both those people lol. I also have some parts that I will be installing once I get an aluminum radiator for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ View Post
Just skimmed through this thread.

Jeeps and pics = mumtaaz as always
lol shokran my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailJ View Post
Maybe the guy who made the cool canvas top for his lj would help you with a top for this? The canvas is pretty retro.

'06 LJ
Are you talking about my LJ?

Instagram: Lo2aYJP

LJ Build thread - Spider

TJ Build thread - Chinook

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Brute Build thread (soon)
Quote:
This hobby is not about who can shop the best, it's about creating things that did not exist before. It's about giving a machine a soul and making it an extention of your persona.

There is always someone who can spend more than you can. Don't measure your self worth against others. You can create, you can be fast and you can fail. It's all part of life.
Lo2aY is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome