LJ Take 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 09-27-2015, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Lo2aY
4 Wheel Station

LJ Take 2

Hello inter-web friends.

From the old owner and straight to the shop (body off frame in less than 24 hours). But I'll leave it here for now.

Will explain what i'm doing soon.

You're free to imagine whatever you want.

Instagram: Lo2aYJP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Brute Build thread (soon)
Quote:
This hobby is not about who can shop the best, it's about creating things that did not exist before. It's about giving a machine a soul and making it an extention of your persona.

There is always someone who can spend more than you can. Don't measure your self worth against others. You can create, you can be fast and you can fail. It's all part of life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-27-2015, 10:32 PM
kvesi122
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Where did you pick this one up?
post #3 of 8 Old 09-28-2015, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Lo2aY
4 Wheel Station

I've had a habit of checking Jeep listings and parts listings on daily bases on craigslist, ebay,,etc. When I moved to Saudi, this habit didn't change I started doing the same thing in local ads. Except, it's really slow. Jeeps are not really popular here. As this is Toyota territory. There are Hiluxs, 70 series and 40 series cruisers all over the place. If you don't like a toyota, then a Nissan Patrol is your only other choice for serious desert treks. And so Jeeps, TJs specifically are not really common. And to make things worse, Chrysler never offered the LJ for the Middle East. I don't think it was offered outside of North America as a production pipe line vehicle for other regions. But I could be wrong.

With that being said, the chances of me finding another LJ here are very small. So the daily lookout was mostly for TJs. But even then, they're either beat up or asking too much for them.

The other logical choice is to import an LJ from the states. However, the Custom laws for the GCC require that the vehicle be at most 5 years old or newer. So there's no way to import an LJ.

In late 2012, I came across a listing for a white 2005 LJ. So immediately called the number but the owner changed his mind. And decided not to sell it. Which was a real bummer. I offered almost double the asking price. But he still refused the offer and said that he would call me should he want to sell it later. Keep in mind, that a stock LJ looks goofy and plain silly. Of course, to us enthusiasts, it's a perfect platform to work on and build up. I tell you the obvious, because here, no one sees the potential. So if I come across another LJ, it's probably going to have a low asking price compared to a similar condition TJ.

Fast forward to 2015.

The LJ pops up again!! This time, the asking price is even lower, so immediately we got in-touch with the owner who lives on the east cost, and made the deal. 3 days later the Jeep showed up here. and straight to the workshop it went.

It's an 05 LJ with 78K miles on it. Auto and clean inside out.

The build list:

40s
Prorock 60 front
ProRock 80 rear
Hydro assist
LS3/4L80
Complete Cage
Custom Dash
Atlas 4 speed
Possibly Coilovers
Highlines/ Stretch

The objective is to have a good rock crawler, yet retain good manners on road.

You guys are now up to speed on this project. Sorry for the lack of updates on the other ones. Hope to find time and dig up the build pics and get the others up to speed.

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:
This hobby is not about who can shop the best, it's about creating things that did not exist before. It's about giving a machine a soul and making it an extention of your persona.

There is always someone who can spend more than you can. Don't measure your self worth against others. You can create, you can be fast and you can fail. It's all part of life.
post #4 of 8 Old 10-25-2015, 06:29 AM
SKT
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo2aY View Post

The build list:

40s
Prorock 60 front
ProRock 80 rear
Hydro assist
LS3/4L80
Complete Cage
Custom Dash
Atlas 4 speed
Possibly Coilovers
Highlines/Stretch

Woot Woot!

Good to see another build thread from ya Lou!

After seeing several of your other built Jeeps, this one will surely not disappoint.

Do you still have the big hemi swapped JK over there?

1981 CJ-7: Fresh 304, NV4500, Twin Stick Dana 300, Dual Tops, 33" Mud Terrains, etc.

post #5 of 8 Old 10-25-2015, 07:03 PM
monsonman
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

hell yes. looking forward to watching as ill likely be going to tons on my LJ in the next months. are you planning a stretch?

'05 LJ Rubicon Build:

'98 TJ- build:

instagram: @vohnsonthemonson
post #6 of 8 Old 10-28-2015, 02:31 PM
setarubi
2006 LJ Wrangler 

subbed!
post #7 of 8 Old 07-08-2016, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Lo2aY
4 Wheel Station

Totally forgot about this build thread.

The Truck is completely stripped down. Tub and frame undressed.

Have been waiting on financing to come in so that we could start ordering parts.

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:

post #8 of 8 Old 07-13-2016, 08:31 PM
'92 vegas YJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I'm in....

~'92 YJ with many upgrades and many more calling my name..... it never ends
~'07.5 Dodge Ram Megacab 2500, 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month

My one ton YJ unlimited build

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.