LJ Rubicon Build - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 08-17-2015, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
flohnsonjohnson
2005 LJ Wrangler 

LJ Rubicon Build

I was hoping y'all could advise me on a suspension lift. I just bought a 2005 LJ Rubicon. It's completely stock right now with just 7,000 miles on it. - http://imgur.com/oNaJR9v

I'm thinking about running a 4.5 short arm RE super flex with 35's. I've heard great stuff about Clayton kits as well?

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-17-2015, 01:06 PM
06JeepXKHEMI
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Garage
If you're looking to stay with short arm kits, go with Currie or Metal Cloak. RE is good but for a little more you can have the best short arm set up available. Clayton is great as well but Id go that route if I were doing long arms with 4link and 3 link front or one of the likes. Thats a clean looking LJ Rubicon, congrats on the purchase and find!!!

05 LJRubi Currie 4" Springs, Savvy Fox shocks, MC trackbars, MC CA's single adj lower double uppers, 37x13.50 Cooper STT Pros on 17x9 ATX Ravine, MC Overlines front, Genright rear, Revolution 5.38s, Carolina Driveline driveshafts, MCAI
post #3 of 8 Old 08-17-2015, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
flohnsonjohnson
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thank you! Did you install your lift yourself? That 6" looks badass with the 37s. I'm on the fence between having it done in shop or not. My only option locally is Four Wheel Parts and their labor rates are pretty high.

post #4 of 8 Old 08-17-2015, 06:18 PM
06JeepXKHEMI
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohnsonjohnson View Post
Thank you! Did you install your lift yourself? That 6" looks badass with the 37s. I'm on the fence between having it done in shop or not. My only option locally is Four Wheel Parts and their labor rates are pretty high.
My lift came with the Jeep and is an RC lift, far from being the top of top but it does its job for now. I may look to upgrade to 4 link rear and either 3 link or long arms front. Installing a short arm kit like the currie or metal cloak is rather simple process if you have any mechanic skills, shop, tools and time. You'll need to get a full alignment unless you're good with doing that yourself which is somewhat easy but I can never figure out. I'd suggest getting a new driveshaft as well so you can adjust pinion angle right.

05 LJRubi Currie 4" Springs, Savvy Fox shocks, MC trackbars, MC CA's single adj lower double uppers, 37x13.50 Cooper STT Pros on 17x9 ATX Ravine, MC Overlines front, Genright rear, Revolution 5.38s, Carolina Driveline driveshafts, MCAI
post #5 of 8 Old 11-08-2015, 07:14 AM
SKT
2013 JK Wrangler 

Wow, great low-mile find!

Looking forward to following your thread here, please keep us updated w/ your progress.

1981 CJ-7: Fresh 304, NV4500, Twin Stick Dana 300, Dual Tops, 33" Mud Terrains, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 Old 11-08-2015, 10:29 AM
aspalding

Was there a decision made yet?
post #7 of 8 Old 11-09-2015, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
flohnsonjohnson
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'm really close on pulling the trigger with the following set up,

- Currie 4" kit with sway bar disc. (I don't know if can justify antirock with this being my DD) (Priced at $2100 for the full kit from 4WP, good deal?)
- Bilstein 5100's + bilstein steering stabilizer
- 1" body lift (any suggestions on a good bl? Currie offers an aluminum one but the price tag is steep)
- 1.25 wheel spacers to fit 35x12x16 BFG KO2's on the stock moab wheels
- For speedometer calibration am I okay with just installing a new drive gear crown?

I just ordered a rear tire carrier and bumper from Dirtworx last week, Paid $429 out the door so I'm excited to see how it holds up. I've heard he makes quality stuff, I just have to paint it once I get it in. I'm still considering the metal cloak kit, the duroflex joints look amazing but I'm concerned about their spring rates. Also that kit may require me to change the fenders and I'm really wanting to keep the stock fenders on.

I'd really appreciate y'alls thoguhts on this - Thanks
post #8 of 8 Old 11-11-2015, 07:16 AM
esad_b
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Nice choice on the bumper! I was gonna order one from him but the shipping kills it for me over to Canada...

Really quality built from what I saw online

Sent from under the Jeep

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.