LJ Pickup Build...... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > LJ Pickup Build......

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Unread 09-17-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
ersatz
2004 LJ Wrangler 

LJ Pickup Build......

I just disposed of my 2008 JKU and picked up a 2004 LJ which I plan on making into a Scrambler-like pickup truck. I'll be using a GR8Tops cab and rhino-lining the bed. Of course a 3" lift is planned too.

One of my first questions concerns the bed area as it will be exposed to the elements. Since I will be rhino-lining the tailgate too, I assume I should cover the grille work on the inside of the gate with metal/aluminum in order to prevent rain & snow from getting in? Has anyone done this? Would like to hear from those who have done similar builds. Please send pics too. Open to any advice on any and all phrases of the conversion.

Many thanks!

ersatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
4wdjeepguy
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The tailgates that I've seen with this conversion have just been sprayed with a liner as you were talking about. Here is a thread with several of these conversions. I'm sure you could send some PMs and get the info your looking for.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/t...-look-1229608/
4wdjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.