LJ named Dixie - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > LJ named Dixie

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #61
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlinDixie View Post
I've gotta find some small wheels for it though so that I can pull her into the garage. It too dang cold outside for me!
The old deflate the tires trick wont work ? My brother in law just did the same thing to his 6.0 in his Excursion . He likes it a lot more now that its studded and the egr delete is installed .

Unread 01-07-2013, 03:30 AM   #62
WhistlinDixie
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I could probably deflate and get in, but if I can find a different set, it would make it a lot easier to see and work on. Probably gonna have to build a little scaffold to make it easier. Gaskets have been looming over me for a while. I've been expecting them, I'm just not excited about it now
Unread 01-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #63
WhistlinDixie
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Dodged a bullet! Just got my truck back from being diagnosed. $90 for the diagnosis and $14 for a new coolant cap!!!! This means that I still have money for bumpers on the jeep!!!
Unread 01-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #64
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

You got lucky , start building a 6 uh oh fund up now .
Unread 01-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #65
WhistlinDixie
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well, hit a few dirtroads last night and the redneck side I mentioned earlier finally showed its face. Overall I'm pretty happy with how she performed. Climbed a hill or two, flexed a little, had a small water crossing, and somewhere in there she got muddy. Spend a solid $15 at the quarter wash getting her clean again. Y'all have a good weekend!

image-2667866659.jpg

image-261211990.jpg
Unread 01-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #66
WhistlinDixie
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Did y'all have to drill the tub to mount the rock sliders? I'd like to get some similar to the rokmens, but I'm very apprehensive about drilling into a hard-to-find tub. More holes=more exposed metal. Exposed metal=rust. Rust= bad stuff
Unread 01-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #67
WhistlinDixie
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Checking for rattles yesterday. Can't seem to find a one underneath the driver floor board.

MALL CRAWL!!!

image-3644164123.jpg

MALL CRAWL x2!!!!

image-2525012355.jpg

Playing in the creek bed after fishing

image-926182498.jpg
Unread 01-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #68
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I had to drill thru the tub and the floor to install my rokmen sliders but they aint going anywhere.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #69
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I hated drilling the holes for my Rokmen , but I would hate a crushed rocker more .
Unread 02-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #70
WhistlinDixie
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well, came across a deal on Craigslist last week. Bought a gray soft top with all of the hardware for $120 from a VERY nice lady. Apparently she talked the dealership into helping her buy a hardtop and had no use for the soft top. So she passed on the savings to me! It's got one place above a side window that has come apart, but an interior shop here said they could resew it pretty easy. I'm stoked! Wishin I already had it on to enjoy this 60* day!

Y'all be careful out there
Unread 02-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #71
WhistlinDixie
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Oh yeah, also gonna try to install my hardtop lift this week. A guy at work GAVE me one because he traded in his LJ for a JK. WINNING
Unread 02-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #72
bigsnafu

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlinDixie View Post
Oh yeah, also gonna try to install my hardtop lift this week. A guy at work GAVE me one because he traded in his LJ for a JK. WINNING
Please post pics of the lift install! I've got to do something soon. Hopefully most of the kids are moving out soon and I won't have help removing mine. Got to come up with something.......
Unread 02-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #73
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnafu View Post
Please post pics of the lift install! I've got to do something soon. Hopefully most of the kids are moving out soon and I won't have help removing mine. Got to come up with something.......
X2!!! Think my dad is getting tired of helping putting my top on and off. Will you be at the Hogwild shootout next weekend? P.S are you still happy with the lift kit?
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #74
WhistlinDixie
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Not a problem on pictures of the lift for the hard top. It's a really simple design. One of those "why didn't I think of that" things.

I won't be in Hot Springs this weekend. Honestly didn't know any thing about it. I've still got a rattle underneath that is making me a little nervous. I can't seem to find it. I've been underneath her looking 4-5 times now nothing I can find that's loose. Afraid I may have to take to the dealership to have some ears put on it. Other than that, I'm lovin my lift. I've only put about 2k miles on it so far, but I have no complaints. I was really wanting to get bumpers this month, but it looks like they'll be on hold for a while. Oh well
Unread 03-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #75
WhistlinDixie
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Never got around to putting up the hardtop lift, but I did buy a front bumper. I got it from 4wd for $100. Gotta take the grinder to one of the light mounts, but other than that, I like it.

image-1691430524.jpg

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.