LJ named Dixie - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > LJ named Dixie

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 12-31-2012, 09:47 PM   #31
WhistlinDixie
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley
My Rokmen sliders fit with the body lift , no modifications required .
Did you buy the gaskets with the sliders? Wondering if they would hold dirt/water underneath and cause rust?

Also, I have not put any effort into checking and will do so tomorrow, but were you able to reconnect the gas tank intake tube after your body lift? Mine won't reach, but I'm thinking about replacing it anyway so that I can put the overflow valve in and not have to worry about splash-back while filling up.

Unread 12-31-2012, 09:50 PM   #32
WhistlinDixie
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamH07
If you decide on body mounted rockers, be sure to ask whomever you decide to go with if they make a version for body lifts to save you the trouble.
Good to know, thanks. And I appreciate the compliment on her. I'm having WAY TOO MUCH FUN with this build.
Unread 12-31-2012, 10:05 PM   #33
WhistlinDixie
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Last night I just didn't have it in me to post up my progress. So tonight y'all get 2 days worth. I put the body lift on yesterday. Just like Beasley mentioned earlier, the Rokmen videos on YouTube are excellent instructional vids. I installed the alone in about an hour. I got to the very last mount (passenger rear bumper) before I had an alignment issue. A little pushing on the body and moving of the bushing got it in though. My buddies showed up just in time to do the motor mount lift. It's always a lot easier when you can have one person on the creeper and on topside. It saves a lot of time and backache from needing different tools while underneath.

I got off work at 12 today and was able to get a little work done before we had to go out for dinner. Chopped the bumper, mounted the Rally 800s on the bumper and the slimlites on the windshield.

Goals for tomorrow are to sand the fender flares and reinstall them (decided to wait for warmer weather to paint) and hopefully start wiring the lights. Here's how she sits tonight.

image-2123215494.jpg

image-3007881379.jpg

Happy New Year! Y'all be careful out there
Unread 12-31-2012, 10:07 PM   #34
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlinDixie View Post
Did you buy the gaskets with the sliders? Wondering if they would hold dirt/water underneath and cause rust?

Also, I have not put any effort into checking and will do so tomorrow, but were you able to reconnect the gas tank intake tube after your body lift? Mine won't reach, but I'm thinking about replacing it anyway so that I can put the overflow valve in and not have to worry about splash-back while filling up.
I did buy the gaskets when I bought mine. My buddy does Autobody work for a living and he recommend them. He and rokmen both said it would be a good idea to remove the slider once a yr just to check and see how it looks behind them. I was able to reconnect my gas tank tube after the 1.25" body lift but it was tight. A few weeks later I installed a savvy gas tank skid and push my tank up 1.75" and it put everything back to normal it is actual to date my favorite mod.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2012, 10:14 PM   #35
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlinDixie View Post

I did install the gaskets and they seem to have sealed up pretty nicely . So far I havent seen any rust streaks but its only been six months . My gas filler line made the stretch , but it was tight . I dont look forward to pulling it to do the Shoppe mod .

And Happy New Years to you too .
Unread 12-31-2012, 10:15 PM   #36
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
I installed a savvy gas tank skid and push my tank up 1.75" and it put everything back to normal it is actual to date my favorite mod.
Mine is tight even with the Savvy gas tank skid ? Every Jeep is different .
Unread 12-31-2012, 10:21 PM   #37
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

You might try this on your fender flares. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/re...ite-up-622942/

midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2012, 11:15 PM   #38
WhistlinDixie
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks bud. That might work pretty well after I get all the paint sanded off. I've got a heat gun that should work pretty well.
Unread 01-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #39
WhistlinDixie
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Figured I'd show y'all how I paint when it's cold outside. I guess this is a swamp heater?

image-1723217534.jpg
Unread 01-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #40
WhistlinDixie
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Oh yeah, I got impatient and decided to go ahead with the paint
Unread 01-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #41
WhistlinDixie
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well good morning boys! I'm at work, stuck on the phone with I.T. so I figured I'd post a quick update. In that's few days I've gotten pretty close to having all of the current upgrades and bolt-ons installed. Here she sits with the body lift installed, new KCs mounted and a fresh cropping of the stock front bumper.

image-4055018076.jpg

image-2533025250.jpg

Almost done painting the flares.
For some reason they turned out glossier than I wanted, but they'll work till summer time.

image-113418234.jpg
Unread 01-03-2013, 03:26 PM   #42
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

So far it looks great and once your done it will look even better.
Unread 01-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #43
95riograndeman
1995 YJ Wrangler 

One of the cleanest LJ's I have seen. I like how you are building it. I'll definitely be watching this build.
Unread 01-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #44
WhistlinDixie
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Here she is! Cosmetically she's not going to change much for a while. I still have things to button-up, but most of the noticeable upgrades are done for now. Little things coming this week and next include wiring the KC lights (right now they're still just posing), polishing the backside of the corner guards, and a switch to kill the dome light when the doors are off.

image-1381607937.jpg

image-4217239820.jpg
Unread 01-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #45
WhistlinDixie
2005 LJ Wrangler 

After looking at these last two pictures, especially the first one, I think I'm actually leaning toward the Drop Kick sliders again to help cover up the frame. Oh well, I'm sure ill change my mind again before the time comes to place the order.

Y'all have fun and be careful out there!

Tags
arkansas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.