Little bit of tinkering aka Tinkertoy - Page 54 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Little bit of tinkering aka Tinkertoy

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 06-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #796
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
What are you mounting them on
Got 2 sets of Hummer 2 rims, so for now I'll mount them on a set of those when I find one more MTR. Then see how I like them, if I am happy I might just shop around for a set of racelines

Unread 06-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #797
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

So you got three stickies? I think they will be a good tire out there I'm interested to see how you like them
Unread 06-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #798
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
So you got three stickies? I think they will be a good tire out there I'm interested to see how you like them
4th has a sidewall cut, probably try to get that repaired and keep it as a spare, no hurry though, JV season is over till October
Unread 06-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #799
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hummers deserve the trail tampon of the year award

Freddy and me met up at green valley lake for a shake down on his steering revision number 1. Holcomb was fun, the rock addition at the rock garden end gets the Hammerhead fun award, more would be better, but it's a fun obstacle. Great job guys.

While heading east on Holcomb we ran in to a group of 14 Broncos that were happily enjoying the trail. Once we finished Holcomb we headed to John Bull, sure is dusty out there all ready still fun to tool along on the dirt roads.
The gate keeper had a waiting line a mile long which is ok. What was not so good is that when we got there, a group of about 20 Hummers of all varieties was trying to run this trail big mistake, they will be lucky if the finish it before day break.
Half of them had made the gate keeper and it still took several hours for the rest of them to get past it. After that some Big Bear Valley Jeepers whizzed through it then a guy with an old Blazer took a go at it. before the gate keeper either his locker or an axle shaft on his Dana 44 gave the ghost. Yet he persisted so at the gate keeper he snapped the axle shaft on the other side and had to be dragged out which took close to another hour. Once all of that was cleared out we headed up John Bull and guess what after less than 1/3 of a mile Hummer trail tampons clogging the trail. so about 3 hours later all of the ill equipped knuckleheads made it past the notch thingy took several of us to spot them along the way. After that fun they pulled out of the way and let us pass. The rest of the trail was a fun put put ride. Because we wasted so much time we did not get to run Holcomb the other way. Bummer, darn Hummer knuckle heads. I do hope they do make it of the trail today in one piece, do not think they will be back soon though
Unread 06-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #800
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nice, I want to say I saw you driving on the 60 the other day lol nevertheless Holcomb is looking good and I can't wait to run it over the weekend.

Molon Labe
Molonlabemike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #801
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hey we were in BB as well yesterday. We ran Dishpan in the morning and ran Holcomb afterwards. Was a ton of fun!
holcomb.jpg  
Moabrubi is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #802
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Really like how his tj looks almost stock by a quick glance

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #803
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Really like how his tj looks almost stock by a quick glance
Looks like a fairly stock Rubicon on 33" tires, nothing wrong with that makes for a nice street and offroad Jeep, atleast for the Big Bear trails
Unread 06-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #804
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yea its just got a 2" BB and 32" tires. Does great in Big Bear though. Can't wait to upgrade to 35s!
Unread 06-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #805
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Yea its just got a 2" BB and 32" tires. Does great in Big Bear though. Can't wait to upgrade to 35s!
I did a lot of wheelin with my yellow Jeep on 32's nothing wrong with that

35's requires a bit of money though, it's not just tires, stock axle shafts start breaking when you push the new found capabilities. Rear stock locker isn't to enthused with 35's and a lot of offroading. People have found they last longer when you run them locked instead of using the limited slip. Since that is the weakest part of the factory rear locker
Unread 06-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #806
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I've got plans to take care of every weak link so it is even more reliable than it is now.

It'll be a while till 35's but when I get there is will be a solid rig.
Unread 06-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #807
-sean-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
I did a lot of wheelin with my yellow Jeep on 32's nothing wrong with that
Dig this pic! The 33 and under Jeep's are what I really enjoy watching. Set up correctly, they can handle some pretty tough trails. Not to mention being a lot easier on the wallet.
Unread 06-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #808
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -sean- View Post
Dig this pic! The 33 and under Jeep's are what I really enjoy watching. Set up correctly, they can handle some pretty tough trails. Not to mention being a lot easier on the wallet.
Did a lot of wheelin with my little Jeep eventually 35's came and that was a blast, then the Hammers happened after a few runs there things got somewhat out of hand, but I am very happy with the end result. Still love driving my little Yeller to work every day though
Unread 06-11-2012, 10:55 PM   #809
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Did a lot of wheelin with my little Jeep eventually 35's came and that was a blast, then the Hammers happened after a few runs there things got somewhat out of hand, but I am very happy with the end result. Still love driving my little Yeller to work every day though
Yea sorry to highjack your build thread but i had a question for ya. Do you think for the trails i do (everything but the hammers) that just the standard 4" lift would work or should i go 2" and highlines? You seem the like the guy to ask for our Cali trails.
Unread 06-12-2012, 01:26 AM   #810
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have done most trails in the area including clawhammer and sledgehammer, Cougar Buttes and what not in my yellow Jeep 35's, chromos front and rear 3.5" Rubicon express springs and currie short arms. Wheeled like champ for what it is. 3-4" lift and a bellyup works really well for most all the trails out here. Don't worry about thread hijack, you got a question just ask

Tags
buggy build , jeep , lots of tinkering , offroading , rock crawling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.