Lil Green Bean - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Lil Green Bean

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 01-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #106
jrobz23
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Excellent work! This build is impeccable! You will definitely inspire many other Jeepers to do similar builds. I dig the paint to. I'm more of an OD kinda guy, but putting some finish on this masterpiece is a nice touch. GJ!

jrobz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 11:05 PM   #107
Douglas S.

Very cool, I'm glad you finally did a build thread. I looked at the B3.3t for a short time as a potential swap candidate for my YJ. I think it's far better suited to a Jeep than a 4bt is. In the end, I went Toyota for my diesel.
Unread 02-20-2012, 07:20 AM   #108
Red_Smoke
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobz23 View Post
Excellent work! This build is impeccable! You will definitely inspire many other Jeepers to do similar builds. I dig the paint to. I'm more of an OD kinda guy, but putting some finish on this masterpiece is a nice touch. GJ!
Thanks, glad you enjoyed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas S. View Post
Very cool, I'm glad you finally did a build thread. I looked at the B3.3t for a short time as a potential swap candidate for my YJ. I think it's far better suited to a Jeep than a 4bt is. In the end, I went Toyota for my diesel.
I agree! Now if I could just find some stickers for the side that say "Nope, it's not a 4BT!"
2008 Rubi Unlimited: Gone!
Smashin' Punkin - 06 Rubi LJ, Cummins QSB3.3, work in progress
IndyORV
Red_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #109
LostJeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas S. View Post
I was looking at the 4bt problay wont happen but was wondering why you guys think 3.3 is better?? sorry still a newb learning lol
LostJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #110
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Smoke View Post
Ah ya never know. Depends if I want to commit another 6 months of my life to a cold garage floor.
Sounds like someone needs to buy a creeper. LOL. Really outstanding build.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

K.C.C.O. [url]www.thechive.com[/url]
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2012, 05:44 PM   #111
Red_Smoke
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostJeeper View Post
I was looking at the 4bt problay wont happen but was wondering why you guys think 3.3 is better?? sorry still a newb learning lol
The B3.3 weighs 567lbs which is only 7-10lbs more than a stock 4.0L. On the other hand, the 4BT weighs in at a hefty 750lbs. On the height, the 4bt is hard to package without a big body lift or axle clearance issues. Lastly, the B3.3 is just a much more refined engine, with much better NVH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallsofstone View Post
Sounds like someone needs to buy a creeper. LOL. Really outstanding build.
Ha, I'll keep that in mind the next time around. And thanks for the compliment!
IndyORV
Unread 02-20-2012, 09:06 PM   #112
ThomasYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Smoke this whole build is just Out fkin standing!! 1st time I've heard a running diesel jeep. i can dig it. once again, as everyone has said, Fantastic job.
ThomasYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #113
Red_Smoke
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasYJ View Post
Smoke this whole build is just Out fkin standing!! 1st time I've heard a running diesel jeep. i can dig it. once again, as everyone has said, Fantastic job.
Thanks Thomas

So haven't posted up too much lately, but been busy with preparations for EJS. Leaving in two weeks and I'm pumped!

Big news for the day... A new set of skins to try out on the slick rock this year. The KM2's have always served me well, but they didn't hook in Midwest clay that well, and these 37" tires are a true 37". Just hope they fit at full stuff

IndyORV
Unread 03-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #114
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

haha sellout

Welcome to the Bark side.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 09:20 PM   #115
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13
haha sellout

Welcome to the Bark side.
That's Corny.....

Have fun at EJS.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 06:05 AM   #116
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

It was corny, but I thought it was funny too. Lol eat it. It doesn't matter anyways. He'll find a reason to not like them anyways. He liked the KM2's. These will be too loud, or too soft, too stiff of a sidewall, or something else. Or he won't like them just because I do lol. I still think he'll secretly enjoy them, despite the fact they sound like a B52 is flying air support. I really think if they were cheaper, you'd see a lot more people running them. It's a hell of a tire. They've never let me down. I can't wait to see how they do with my beadlocks now. I think you'll like em smoke. Have fun in Moab bud!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 06:15 AM   #117
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nice little upgrade there man....have fun in Moab, I'm jealous. So did Will get the KM2's?
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 06:27 AM   #118
nardharv
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Nice little upgrade there man....have fun in Moab, I'm jealous. So did Will get the KM2's?
I've been beating on him for a couple months to come off the KM2's... no dice.
nardharv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 06:47 AM   #119
Red_Smoke
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
It was corny, but I thought it was funny too. Lol eat it. It doesn't matter anyways. He'll find a reason to not like them anyways. He liked the KM2's. These will be too loud, or too soft, too stiff of a sidewall, or something else. Or he won't like them just because I do lol. I still think he'll secretly enjoy them, despite the fact they sound like a B52 is flying air support. I really think if they were cheaper, you'd see a lot more people running them. It's a hell of a tire. They've never let me down. I can't wait to see how they do with my beadlocks now. I think you'll like em smoke. Have fun in Moab bud!
Come on Bennett! You gotta remember I come from a long line of Swampers prior to the KM2 craze. The fact is the PBR's and Swampers of the world run on the ragged edge of street friendly, while the KM2's like to pretend they're a mud tire. Just depends what you are willing to sacrifice based on your usage. I have no doubt the PBR's will perform well on the trail, so long as they don't deafen me before we get there
IndyORV
Unread 03-19-2012, 06:50 AM   #120
Red_Smoke
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
That's Corny.....

Have fun at EJS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Thanks guys. I'll try to post updates on the club board throughout the week. And btw, you guys could still make it - still room at the house!
IndyORV

Tags
b3.3 , cummins , custom , diesel , diesel swap , engine swap , indyorv , leaf springs on a tj , two tone

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.