Lil Green Bean - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Lil Green Bean

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 12-07-2011, 07:26 PM   #61
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmAmerican View Post
Why did u choose to put leafs in the rear?
Because he can.

Unread 12-08-2011, 08:21 AM   #62
srlbotanical
1997 TJ Wrangler 

What a great build. I'd love to see/hear it run. Any youtube videos floating around out there?

HIGHER POWERED!!
srlbotanical is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2011, 09:54 AM   #63
LilSteve97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I would be interested if you were to offer it as a kit. I love my 2.5l but i know that i am going to blow it up at some point and been thinking of building a "hot rod 2.5" turbo motor or swapping in something else, after discovering this motor last year or so i've been very interested ever since.

Can you dog this engine at all or are you fairly tame with it? I mean like do you usually just crawl with it or can you lay the fuel to it if you need to? i had heard that since its an industrial engine that they didn't like to be rev'd.

Have you ever used your jeep for pulling a trailer of any sort? I have a m416 im trying to resto for the TJ but i dont have the balls really to pull it most places i'd want to go.
LilSteve97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2011, 10:20 AM   #64
Red_Smoke
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by srlbotanical View Post
What a great build. I'd love to see/hear it run. Any youtube videos floating around out there?
Stay tuned! I'll post some final pics and videos soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilSteve97TJ View Post
I would be interested if you were to offer it as a kit. I love my 2.5l but i know that i am going to blow it up at some point and been thinking of building a "hot rod 2.5" turbo motor or swapping in something else, after discovering this motor last year or so i've been very interested ever since.

Can you dog this engine at all or are you fairly tame with it? I mean like do you usually just crawl with it or can you lay the fuel to it if you need to? i had heard that since its an industrial engine that they didn't like to be rev'd.

Have you ever used your jeep for pulling a trailer of any sort? I have a m416 im trying to resto for the TJ but i dont have the balls really to pull it most places i'd want to go.
I like to crawl because it has so much low end torque, but it has no problem running on the governor either. Because it's industrial, it's actually overbuilt and underrated which means it can take the abuse... although I'm a pretty tame wheeler if you ask around.
2008 Rubi Unlimited: Gone!
Smashin' Punkin - 06 Rubi LJ, Cummins QSB3.3, work in progress
IndyORV
Red_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #65
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't call you a tame wheeler smoke, (lions den was pretty badass) but I'd use the word calculated instead.

Having wheeled with this rig it is quite capable. Id be interested to see where it would go if he really cut loose, or didn't care so much about it being pretty. Either or Lol

It does seem to me after seeing it in action that wheelspeed is an issue, and I don't know if it's that the motor is so low end oriented, or the 4:1 kills the top end, but it doesn't seem to like it when you are giving it hell.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #66
kickingprop
1985 CJ7 

Love this and actually looking at a similar cummins swap into a scout I've got. One question, what did you do for power steering? Are there brackets available for the cummins 3.3 to run this? Everything else looks great!
Phase Three: Waggy 44 front, Scout D44 Rear, 4.56's, ARB's (F/R) SOA with YJ Springs, 35x12.50x15 BFG MT - Not Even Close to beginning

Also a mostly rust-free 1970 Scout 800A That I'll get to start working on someday...

Quote:
Chrome won't get you home...BUT Rattle Can Black may just get you back"
kickingprop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 08:30 AM   #67
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

^I was just asking one of my diesel techs in the shop this very question...he had no idea.

Love this build. I'd have to wait until this 4.0L died to justify a swap like this but on the bright side, I think we have a forklift with this motor in it that has trashed hydraulics. I may have to see if I can take that motor as a commission payment one day.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

K.C.C.O. [url]www.thechive.com[/url]
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 12:06 PM   #68
elusive_xb

Subscribed! Beautiful jo
elusive_xb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 12:07 PM   #69
elusive_xb

Job*
elusive_xb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2011, 08:13 AM   #70
Blthomas
1979 CJ7 

Excellent work. Whats the out of pocket so far? And knowing you have fab skills, what was the reason for buying brackets and the like, instead of fabbing up yourself? Was it from a time stand point?
Unread 12-11-2011, 08:53 AM   #71
stretchj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

This is AWESOME! I'm jealous man, very nice build. I'm in love
1997 TJ 4.0L AX15 231 HP30 F8.8 - NEW PROJECT
stretchj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2011, 06:57 AM   #72
Red_Smoke
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingprop View Post
Love this and actually looking at a similar cummins swap into a scout I've got. One question, what did you do for power steering? Are there brackets available for the cummins 3.3 to run this? Everything else looks great!
I run a Mopar Saginaw pump meant for an early Ram 318ci. It's a simple single groove V-belt and the brackets are very easy to make. I'll try to get photos up this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blthomas View Post
Excellent work. Whats the out of pocket so far? And knowing you have fab skills, what was the reason for buying brackets and the like, instead of fabbing up yourself? Was it from a time stand point?
Thanks. Money-wise, commercial brackets are priced so low that I would have nearly that in material, not including the development time and fabwork. Just doesn't make sense in the grand scheme of things. From an investment standpoint, the plan was a $5k Jeep with a $10k build.... instead, I'm at $22k which I'll never get back out of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchj View Post
This is AWESOME! I'm jealous man, very nice build. I'm in love
Thanks!
IndyORV
Unread 12-12-2011, 07:56 AM   #73
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nice recap Jeremy....I'm sure you made a lot of people happy. Still one of my all-time favorites and one of the most capable wheelers in the group.
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2011, 05:46 PM   #74
nardharv
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Any idea's on how to handle the rear body mounts with the btf bumper/bracket?

BTW - you have all winter until EJS... plenty of time for a QSB swap.
nardharv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2011, 07:06 AM   #75
Red_Smoke
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Nice recap Jeremy....I'm sure you made a lot of people happy. Still one of my all-time favorites and one of the most capable wheelers in the group.
Thanks bud... So you gonna get that rear truss fixed up in time for EJS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nardharv View Post
Any idea's on how to handle the rear body mounts with the btf bumper/bracket?

BTW - you have all winter until EJS... plenty of time for a QSB swap.
Very astute question newbie, and welcome to Jeepforum btw, you need to update your profile to include your Lightning discos as well!

Realizing that BTF maintains the rear most body mounts are redundant, I went without for the first summer... with the extra weight of my armor, and moreso the huge tire carrier hanging off the armor, it started stressing the tub, specifically floor to wheelwell joint, to the point of cracking. Solution... move the body mounts inward under the tailgate edges and on top of the stock rear crossmember that the BTF setup is welded to.

Not sure if Gribbles stops in here, but maybe he can comment as well. He runs aluminum armor and no tire carrier (actually, no tailgate last I saw!) so he might not be having any issues with body flex without the extra pucks.
IndyORV

Tags
b3.3 , cummins , custom , diesel , diesel swap , engine swap , indyorv , leaf springs on a tj , two tone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.