Lifted Wranger X - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Lifted Wranger X

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-03-2008, 05:57 AM   #46
JaikYJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

What did you do with your old flares? PM me if you still have them.
Looks really good, the black rims set it off nicely.

Unread 12-03-2008, 05:14 PM   #47
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
what kind of gears do u have to spin those 33s???
3.07 = Not as bad as the boards might make you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaphands View Post
Dang, I like your jeep. Where did you get those center caps on your wheels? And did you paint those tailgate hinges? I like them in black.
The center caps are Country Crock butter containers. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...&mode=threaded

The tailgate came with the black covers.

Quote:
What did you do with your old flares?
The flares are sold. If you are looking I would not recommend the Xenon. They look great and are the perfect size, but the rubber is heavy and the weight of the flare makes it pull away from the jeep. Unless you have a legal issue (PA for example) get the Rubi flares.
Unread 12-05-2008, 08:48 AM   #48
JaikYJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

No laws up here in ontario canada I can run no flares if I want, but I like the look of TJ flares. Thanks for your response!
Unread 12-05-2008, 08:57 PM   #49
kb9qdi
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by willydigger View Post
3.07 = Not as bad as the boards might make you think.

The center caps are Country Crock butter containers. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...&mode=threaded

The tailgate came with the black covers.

The flares are sold. If you are looking I would not recommend the Xenon. They look great and are the perfect size, but the rubber is heavy and the weight of the flare makes it pull away from the jeep. Unless you have a legal issue (PA for example) get the Rubi flares.

Heavy and Rubber?

There super light and urethane......Super flexible too. Mine don't pull away at all and my 33" have flexed into them a few time wheeling along with mild tree rash in the woods.

06 TJ D30/8.8 Aussied, 4.88's, 35" KM2's

Hill Top ORV Harrison,Ohio
Terrain Stompers Cincinnati,Ohio
[COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #443[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
kb9qdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2008, 01:32 PM   #50
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb9qdi View Post
Heavy and Rubber?

There super light and urethane......Super flexible too. Mine don't pull away at all and my 33" have flexed into them a few time wheeling along with mild tree rash in the woods.
I can only speak for the version I had. I'm glad you don't have an issue with yours. The ones I got (compared to the factory and rubi) were much heavier. Because of the weight and material, they bulged at each bolt hole. I had a co-worker with the same flares and the same problem. Maybe they changed since then, but the set I had was a disappointment. Here is what I'm talking about:

The factory flares also had an extra piece of plastic that created a tight seal to the tub:

Unread 12-06-2008, 08:10 PM   #51
kb9qdi
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thats crazy. I'm running the Flat Flares and seem to be made better so far. We'll see how well they hold up in the winter months.

Mine on a Rusty's 2" also. I love it

06 TJ D30/8.8 Aussied, 4.88's, 35" KM2's

Hill Top ORV Harrison,Ohio
Terrain Stompers Cincinnati,Ohio
[COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #443[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
kb9qdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2009, 06:31 PM   #52
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

So after a long stretch of not being able to see out of my passenger mirror I bit the bullet and spent $40 on the Rugged Ridge/Omix-Ada "CJ style" mirrors. While the mirrors are more functional than the stock mirrors with mirror movers, they still aren't growing on me. My everlasting resistance to buying them was the scrawny look and feel of the mirrors.

Here are some close ups.

Here is the POV from the driver.

Here is the mirror hardware.

I plan to experiment with extending the passenger mirror mover out so I can use the stock mirrors for a more beefy look.

On a final note the "CJ style" mirrors vibrate while driving. They have no backbone and shake with only the motor vibration. They also whistle while driving. These are minor issues compared to the skimpy look. If they had more overall bulk I could live with the vibration and whistle.
Unread 03-22-2009, 01:58 AM   #53
aamir567

After lifting ur jeep, r u satisfied with the performance ?
aamir567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #54
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I added a homemade "stinger" brush guard to the front. The tube was ordered from Jeeptubes.com.

The angle was set to 55 degrees.

I took some shots of the inside welds and Rokmen mounting brackets.

The bottom plate is 3 inch wide 3/16 flat bar. There is a small notch cut out to provide clearance for the steering box.

The mounting brackets came with tabs to add a tube bumper. Those were cut off and a 1/2 inch plate was secured to the bracket to provide a non-flexing base.

Here are some shots of the license plate holes (MD required). The front skid plate measured just under 12 inches from base to highest point. The center was 5 inches high. It was 3/16 thick.

Unread 05-25-2009, 12:42 PM   #55
hyperboarder
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Great looking stinger man.
hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2009, 08:01 PM   #56
Stoked99
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nice stinger dude! I'm thinking about getting those rocker guards. They have any rust?
Stoked99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2009, 05:21 AM   #57
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoked99 View Post
Nice stinger dude! I'm thinking about getting those rocker guards. They have any rust?
The rockers have held up well. There is no obvious rust. They are only steel so when the coating chips I'm sure there will be rust. That applies to almost everything on the jeep. The ones I have are 1/8 inch thick. Also, the first and last fastener are screws not through bolts. I got them for looks. If you do a lot of rock crawling you might want something stronger.
Unread 05-28-2009, 06:31 AM   #58
digitalcox
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The Jeep is coming together really good, nice looking stinger.
Unread 05-28-2009, 09:31 AM   #59
Stoked99
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by willydigger View Post
The rockers have held up well. There is no obvious rust. They are only steel so when the coating chips I'm sure there will be rust. That applies to almost everything on the jeep. The ones I have are 1/8 inch thick. Also, the first and last fastener are screws not through bolts. I got them for looks. If you do a lot of rock crawling you might want something stronger.
I don't do a lot of serious wheeling - just some occasional stuff but I've never even hit my rockers. I want something simple and light weight. I've got those plastic Bushwacker Rubi look-a-likes right now and they're a pain because I have to retape them. These ones look promising.
Stoked99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2009, 10:14 AM   #60
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Where did you get those rugged ridge cj style mirrors, I kinda like them. I definitely like the fact that you can actually see them, so i might just have to get a set. Do you know of they will work with windshield light brackets already installed?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.