Lifted Wranger X - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Lifted Wranger X

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 03-15-2006, 11:00 PM   #16
NoUse328
2005 TJ Wrangler 

That definitely looks like the way to go with the install!

NoUse328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2006, 06:30 PM   #17
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky5
what did you have to "tweak" with the bracket? Who's bracket did you use?
The bracket was the Tcase relocation bracket that came with the Rusty BL. I had to egg the bolt holes because the brass bushing on the Tcase link wasn't flush with the holes pre-drilled. I also notched the top like 4x4xplor recommended. Didn't know if I needed to or not, but went ahead anyway.
willydigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2006, 06:34 PM   #18
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJ
That looks damn good!!!! I sure wish I had a forklift to complete my install. Oh well, that is what beer is for to make you forget that it should only take that long (like you did). Damn I need some 33's!!!

Good job! It is so much more rewarding doing things yourself.

Just noticed: Get your wheel weights moved insde, much better looking and will work almost the exact same as outside.

Just noticed again: Remove one wheel at a time and paint where the center caps should be. I used Krylon fusion and it matches the wheels exatcly.
Just a note, beer and forklifts don't mix. One or the other not both.
The wheels have weights on the inside and outside. I'm going to paint the outer weights to make them less noticeable.
Finally I used the butter cup center cap idea floating around on the boards.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...&mode=threaded
A little Country Crock and some black gloss Fusion and all is well with the center cap. I would have left them be, but I didn't like the front bearing exposed. The prior pic doesn't show the butter cups on the back wheel. I'll update with new pics in a day or so. I have a home made tire carrier to show off too.

Last edited by willydigger; 03-17-2006 at 06:45 PM..
Unread 03-17-2006, 06:39 PM   #19
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXST8tj
didn't happen to do any discoed flexing after the lift and tires went on did you? i'm curious how those 33s are going to stuff.

looks awesome though!
No and I probably won't disco with them. I have clearance, just don't think I have enough.
Unread 03-17-2006, 06:42 PM   #20
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJ_
I've been looking for a jack like that for years, how much does a jack like that run ya

Jeep looks good man

How do you like those tires? I'm trying to save up for a set of those or some cheap muds, can't make up my mine
The AT's are big and quiet. They are pretty aggressive for AT's too. They won't do well in mud. They aren't cheap though. I paid $132 ea. at Sears in Baltimore. Final price was like $750. I really didn't care at that point. I made up my mind I was going to do it and convinced the old lady to let me.
Unread 03-18-2006, 07:42 AM   #21
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Here are a few more pics with the new TC. Notice the third brake light remounted.

Last edited by willydigger; 03-18-2006 at 07:53 AM..
Unread 03-21-2006, 02:07 AM   #22
JeepinFL

looks good
Framboost(free)
JeepinFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2006, 08:09 AM   #23
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just a quick update on the lift a few weeks after. The washers I put in between the Tcase and the skid plate are gone. I still have the washers between the Tcase and the Tcase bracket. I pulled apart my console on the interior and there was a screw holding the console secure under the shifter boot. I removed the screw, slid the console over to the right a hair and reinserted the screw in the mounting hole so it wouldn't slip back. This moved the console back enough to let me remove the washers and still let me shift in the back gears.

Here is the before:

Here is the after:

Here are a couple pics of where the console screw is tweaked.

Finally, I ordered a Rear Trac-bar Relocation Bracket. Two weeks after the lift was installed and after installing a 250lb bumper the rear end sagged enough to even things out. I don't plan on installing the bracket.
Unread 04-01-2006, 07:19 AM   #24
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

that's a nice looking homemade rear bumper!
TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2006, 05:10 PM   #25
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXST8tj
that's a nice looking homemade rear bumper!
Thanks. I originally went with the 400# toggle clamp. It broke. I upped it to the 2000# clamp. It's much better now.

A new pic! A few days ago I found out what the little black bumpstops were for that came with the lift. Originally I thought they were rear bumpstops, but since they were so small I figured it couldn't be. I tossed them in my leftover box until the other day. It turns out they are part of the BL and replace the small bumpstops on either side of the grill.

I don't know how critical they are. A ran without them for months. I had to put them in once I found out where they go. Anyway hope it helps other newbies. I'll update with some more pics when it stops raining. I just noticed I don't have any topless/doorless pics.
Unread 09-15-2006, 09:51 PM   #26
1BadTJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

i'm glad you figured out the console thing, after my body lift i couldnt shift into 2nd or it ould pop out of gear while driving in 2nd. i just moved my whole center console back 1" and made new holes in the console for the screws, problem solved.
Unread 09-16-2006, 06:01 AM   #27
stathunter

Good job! Nice to see the X's growing tall!

2004 [B]Black X[/B] w/ RE LA 37" SSR's, etc etc [url]http://www.je-ep.com/[/url]

[COLOR="Blue"]In Michigan? Call Jim from [url]www.Jeepin-Customizing.com[/url][/COLOR]
"Do or do not, there is no try" Yoda
stathunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2006, 12:14 PM   #28
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadTJ
i'm glad you figured out the console thing, after my body lift i couldnt shift into 2nd or it ould pop out of gear while driving in 2nd. i just moved my whole center console back 1" and made new holes in the console for the screws, problem solved.
I've also heard of people bending the shifter. There are still a few washers under the T-case. The driveshaft alignment is within reason, but I might end up tweaking the console back so I can get them out.
Unread 09-23-2006, 07:27 PM   #29
VTECZILLA
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I am a dork whats MML
Unread 09-23-2006, 07:50 PM   #30
Hopper_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Motor
Mount
Lift

It raises the engine mounts up 1" to help with driveline angle and straighten p the engine compartment after a 1" body lift.

Sweet X. I really like red, and that bumper.
Hopper_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.