Lifted WJ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Lifted WJ?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 12-02-2014, 01:04 AM   #1
waltersar

Lifted WJ?

This is a lifted WJ that I am thinking about buying. It has tons of brand new parts. It's a 99 with 150k miles on it. It has 35 in Baja Claws and a 7in long arm lift and everything was done correctly. The only problem I'm afraid of is it still has the stock gears. Will it be a big problem with running it like that other than sucking gas and revs being higher? Also how will the 35s run in snow? This will be my first time buying something this built so I want to double check. Tell me if you think it's a good deal or a waste with the stock gears. My buddy told me built stuff always breaks and you're constantly putting money into it...is that true; if so to what extent? This is what the ad has listed for it at $8k:

Up for sale/trade is a 99 Grand Cherokee.
4.7 V8.テつ*
7" long arm lift.
Lengthened 3 link rear.
It has the option for 4x4 and all wheel drive.
Jeep has many new and aftermarket parts.テつ*
New skyjacker shocks all the way around.テつ*
Brand new 35' Mickey Thompson Baja Claws. Also new rims.テつ*
Brand new front driveshaft and back driveshaft lengthened and new yokes.
New master cylinder.テつ*
New battery.テつ*
New track bar and outer tie rod.テつ*
A/c just recharged so it's nice and cold. Heat works great.テつ*
Exhaust is dumped out the side looks nice.テつ*
Just got wheel alignment.テつ*
Has a sunroof.テつ*
Just bought new wipers.テつ*
Best jeep I've seen for rust wise. I've never been off-roading with it. Interior is 10/10. Extremely clean and everything works. I would like to sell but would trade for a Subaru Wrx or something along those lines. Or another lifted truck/jeep.
Call or text (preferred)テつ*show contact infoanytime.テつ*

00606_8le6glbsftx_600x450_1417503873606.jpg  
waltersar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2014, 08:15 AM   #2
Punisher8738
2006 LJ Wrangler 

As long as the jeep has been kept up with maintenance wise and the modifications were done properly It shouldn't be an issue.

My wife has an 04 overland model with the 4.7HO and stock 235/65/17 tires which are 29" and gets an average of 16.8mpg.

Im sure going to 35"tires you'll want to regear,
Punisher8738 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2014, 12:05 PM   #3
waltersar

All the maintenance has been kept up on. That's the only thing I'm worried about...it already has 3rd on it and he didn't regear.
waltersar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.