Lactrains 05 Rubicon - Build Thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Lactrains 05 Rubicon - Build Thread

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-14-2008, 11:35 AM   #1
lactrain
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Lactrains 05 Rubicon - Build Thread

Im gonna list my specs here in case anyone is interested in my build...Im gonna try to keep it as current as possible. I was listing them in my signature but im running out of room.

PUMPKIN Spec Sheet - Updated 05/30/2012

Suspension
2.5 RC Progressive Rate Springs
OME Shocks N66/N67
Metal Cloak W/Duraflex Bushings (uppers and lowers)
3/4" Inch Coil Spring Spacer
1" Daystar Body Lift
Curry Currect Lync
JKS Adjustable Track Bar (Rear)
JKS Quick Disconnects
Alloy Tube Seals (Front Axle)
Rancho RS 5000 Steering Stabilizer

Tires/Wheels
Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx (285/75/16)
SpiderTrax 1.25" wheel Spacer

Interior
Kenwood KDC - X794 Head Unit
Polk Audio 6" Speakers (Sound Bar)
Cobra 75 WX ST CB
Kicker Comp VT CVT651

Exterior/Armour
AtoZ Rocker Gaurds (WW to WW)
Delrin Door Bushings
Exogate Tire Carrier

Engine Compartment
Rubicon Express Hand Throttle
Brown Dog 1" Motor Mounts
Optima Battery (Yellow Top)

Other Mods
Rubi Locker Mod
LED CHSML Mod
Fog Light Mod
Black Majic Brakes w/ Centric Rotors

90.jpg   91.jpg   92.jpg   93.jpg  

USAJEEPOWNERS.com

Last edited by lactrain; 08-19-2008 at 04:09 AM..
lactrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2008, 11:39 AM   #2
lactrain
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Lift Kit

I just just ordered a http://roughcountry.com/jeep_tj_2.html 2.5" Progressive lift for my 2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. This kit retails for $299 Plus shipping.

I am a novice with no technical knowledge, this is my first Jeep and first lift kit so there will be no comparison other then the performance prior to its installation. I will not be doing the install and I am sending it out to a local shop. The owner is a Jeep enthusiast an owns a TJ 06 Rubicon. He offered to do it for a reasonable price and is extremely knowledgeable.

This lift consists of Front and rear progressive coil springs, transfer case spacers to maintain factory driveshaft angles, and front and rear Performance 2.2 shocks. Also purchased was a 2.2 Series Steering Stabilizer Shock.

I am currently running Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armour 245/75R16 (30.5"x9.6") street tires and is completly stock, this is the way I bought it. I purchased it in April and since have added the Stainless Nerf Bars, Tow Package, and some Bushwacker Flares.

My objective after installing this kit is to retain my stock ride and be able run 31x10.5 kickers (possibly 32"). Im am looking for a bit more of an agressive stance then it came with then Stock. Looking to put back on some MT's of some sort my pick so far are the Toyo M/T that on my research had an agressive off road tread pattern with a fairly quite ride. Possibly getting some sort of aftermarket wheel, I havnt quite decided, what I want to purchase the classic look of the Cragar 8's or bit bit more flashier American Racing Fuel's I am considering possibly trying a set of Teflon coated. Keep in mind that this is my Daily Driver and will not be doing any serious off roading with it. Maybe an occasional ride through the forest and trips out to the beaches of Cape Cod.

The kit has arrived (4 day UPS) as promised by Rough Country and so far customer service has been top notch.

USAJEEPOWNERS.com
Unread 08-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #3
lactrain
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Here is a picture that was sent to me by its prior owner. This is it in its purest form stock with original tires. What a nice look the Goodyear MT/r's add to this.

Here are some pictures of what she looks like today .... after the accessories have been added and with the Goodyear Silent Armour Tires. They are a great tire smooth ride great in the rain. But just not very aesthetically appealing.

Note the dunes in the background (sweet) this is my summer playground.

USAJEEPOWNERS.com

Last edited by lactrain; 08-14-2008 at 12:06 PM..
Unread 08-14-2008, 11:54 AM   #4
lactrain
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Here are some links to some other threads you all can crawl.

Rough Country Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/rough-country-2-5-inch-tj-lift-kit-586467/

HotwiredXJ's Install/Comparison Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f15/rough-country-2-5-progressive-lift-593851/

USAJEEPOWNERS.com
Unread 08-15-2008, 12:16 PM   #5
lactrain
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Here are some measurements of its stock height (Front/Rear)

Rear Height

Front Height

USAJEEPOWNERS.com
Unread 08-19-2008, 11:47 AM   #6
jim_bert
2001 TJ Wrangler 

any updates?
jim_bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2008, 09:49 PM   #7
lactrain
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nothing yet .... been some delays with the installation. Should be in Friday. I will post and will PM you a thread to a forum that is maintained by the installer so you can get his professional unbiased opinion on the product and install. He has a lot of expereince with Jeeps and suspensions and has installed Rough Country's and Rubicon Express etc.

Seems like a lot of bashing is going on in the RCExtreme thread and would like to avoid that here.....I will keep you posted.

Len

USAJEEPOWNERS.com
Unread 08-20-2008, 12:41 PM   #8
allanmacaulay
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Were you at Sandy Neck sunday? I saw a Rubicon that color and complimented to my gf i liked that orange. I had the Yellow Tonka TJ with a pirate flag in the back

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...&id=1241460067
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Some of my Jeep Pics
allanmacaulay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 08:41 PM   #9
lactrain
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ya I was ..... I remember the Yellow Tonka Jeep with the flag .. you should have stopped me. A lot of nice Jeeps out on the beach there. One of the reasons im installing my lift .... I need to keep up with the Jones's.

Len

USAJEEPOWNERS.com
Unread 08-22-2008, 12:34 PM   #10
lactrain
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Installation is complete, I love it ... nothing changed except the height of my Jeep. Perfect!!!!

New Pictures ... gained 2"

USAJEEPOWNERS.com
Unread 08-22-2008, 12:52 PM   #11
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good! Now it's time to lose the floats and get some mudders again....just my opinion.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2008, 01:06 PM   #12
Morgen251
2010 JK Wrangler 

x2 on losin those milk jugs. I would paint the headlight bezels as well unless you like the chrome look. I like mine MUCH better with the painted bezels. And I liked those MTR's on there, too. Just an opinion, wheel it however you'd like!! Good lookin rig, like the extra lift on her!

BUILD:
Rubi Rocker Guards; 32" Mastercraft MTs; Teraflex 2.5" Coil Spring Lift; JKS Quick Discos; JKS Front & Rear Adj Trackbars; JKS Ex Rear Swaybar links; Zone Nitro Shocks; 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers; Poison Spyder Evap Skid; Cobra 75WXST; 3' Firestick quick disco; Rugged Ridge XHD Fr Bumper; Tuffy Underseat Drawer; 6" KC Long Range Hilites; Superchips Flashpaq, Crown Extended brake lines

WISH LIST: Front LCAs, Winch, 6" KC Driving Lights, Deep Cycle Battery
Morgen251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2008, 01:20 PM   #13
shane_huskey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

so you got 2 inches of lift out of the rc 2.5" lift, right? ..
'06 6cyl 6spd X - 2.5" Rough Country Progressive Springs, Rough Country Performance 2.2 Shocks and Steering Stabilizer, 1" PA BL, 1" JKS MML, 33x12.50 TrXus M/T's w/ Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers on 15x8 Ravines

JEEP is spelled wrong.. It should be spelled J-U-N-K
shane_huskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2008, 01:45 PM   #14
lactrain
2005 TJ Wrangler 

2" flat ... pictures speak for themselves .... and thats it .... no shake .... nuttin...love it!

I bought her used with those floats (actually a nice tire, Silent Armour for a girl lol).... I havnt decided what is going back on her .... maybe back to the original MT/r's or maybe something else any suggestions.

I think im going to stick with the chrome bezels .... I realize I could ruin her with to much chrome/stainless ... but I think a set of some black steelies with the chrome center caps/and nuts will bring in the bit of shine and shadow it just enough at the same time... I think im going to shoot for the tri-color look .... what the hey!

USAJEEPOWNERS.com
Unread 08-22-2008, 02:05 PM   #15
Zennashton
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Looks Great Not sure why you only got 2" tho. Hows the onroad ride? same as stock better?
Zennashton is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.