Kyle's Kurb Hopper - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Kyle's Kurb Hopper

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 09-12-2010, 12:05 AM   #61
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

To be honest with you I would say there are more trails down by where you live. Any worthwhile trails around here are about an hour north of town and there are really only three trails I know of in the area. Have you been to TrailDamage.com ?

kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2010, 12:12 AM   #62
Renegade88
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Nice build man!!! Btw, what trans do you have? Also how does your 2.5 turn those 33's?

PanhandlePierFishing.com
Renegade88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2010, 12:22 AM   #63
js912
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Now i have! love findin new wheelin websites thanks. yea once i get my tj out here would like to meet up with some people to go wheelin with let me know if your ever in the area or if you ever head back to Moab.
Awesome jeep by the way started the same way. cool seein how far the come from stock
js912 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2010, 12:30 AM   #64
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks a lot man! I believe it has an AX-5 transmission...It's never given me any trouble. And as far as the four banger goes, It was gutless on 30s, it was gutless on 31s, and now it's gutless on 33s. The only difference is that I now use 3rd and 4th gear a lot more. The engine needs to rev to make power. I still average around 18 miles to the gallon. Sometimes I wish it was a 6 cylinder, but when I bought it, 4 cylinder TJs were all that were in the budget.

SO...Long story short. It's slow up hills and in a strong headwind on the freeway but it works. The motor has been reliable and it rocks out in 4 low. It's a jeep not a Corvette, so I'm content. Someday i will regear to 4.88 and forget about it!
Unread 09-12-2010, 12:34 AM   #65
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by js912 View Post
Now i have! love findin new wheelin websites thanks. yea once i get my tj out here would like to meet up with some people to go wheelin with let me know if your ever in the area or if you ever head back to Moab.
Awesome jeep by the way started the same way. cool seein how far the come from stock
I would be more than willing to meet up with a few jeepforum guys and wheel a trail or two. Have you been to the Colorado Jeep Club forum on this site? Anyway if you get a group of guys from here together count me in. My wheeling buddies are limited and I'm always game to run a trail within reasonable distance.
Unread 09-12-2010, 12:34 AM   #66
Renegade88
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the reply keep up the good work, i've got a 97 4 banger with the auto and use it to travel alot in, I was thinking a 2inch bb with some 31's but its already so slow. Its just so much more comfortable than my YJ

PanhandlePierFishing.com
Renegade88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2010, 12:46 AM   #67
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The only reason I've ever been content with my four cylinder is the fact it's a manual. My best recommendation would be to re-gear, or run the tires you have...Especially if you drive it any distances! I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but that's my
Unread 09-12-2010, 12:47 AM   #68
Wrangler19
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
I soon learned that in Colorado, what I thought was my big jeep, was really a baby Jeep. But that didn't mean it was incapable.

I got to hit the few local off road trails that were close to the school before a snowy winter hit and I had to stay on the road with all the snow.

Somewhere along the way I painted fender flares, headlight bezels, added some Cheapo Hella lights, and built some home made rocker guards with 3/16" steel.

For spring break I turned down a chance to fly home to Minnesota on my parents dime...
Instead I made a trip to Moab Utah with a few buddies from school!
Is this on stock height and arms?
And a four cyl???
Unread 09-12-2010, 12:47 AM   #69
igrok
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks man! Gotta love Colorado views. Which one did you use?
1st picture post, 4th one down
Unread 09-12-2010, 12:51 AM   #70
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yes those are stock arms but with a 1.75" spring spacer lift front and rear and slightly longer than stock Pro Comp shocks. And yes sir it is a 4 cylinder. She flexes well doesn't she!?
Unread 09-12-2010, 08:25 AM   #71
95yj_bstick
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Picked up a little somethin somethin today at checker...I cant help buying things for the jeep!
i've got this same compressor, i made a bracket for it out of cheap galvanized angle iron(some small guage, i could bend it by hand when i notched it) then used some self tapping sheet metal screws(the metal had a ton of holes, i wish i had a picture) to mount it on the transmission hump forward of the shifters then hardwired it to the battery. it reaches all 4 tires trom this location with the hose it came with
Unread 09-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #72
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nice! I've got mine mounted under the hood. Not as weather proof as your setup but it works. So far I am VERY impressed with the performance of this affordable little compressor.
Unread 09-12-2010, 12:54 PM   #73
jeep0312
1996 ZJ 

Very nice build thread you have going on here!
jeep0312 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2010, 12:54 PM   #74
95yj_bstick
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nice! I've got mine mounted under the hood. Not as weather proof as your setup but it works. So far I am VERY impressed with the performance of this affordable little compressor.
i got my MV-50 off amazon and i think the duty cycle is 40 minutes, which is amazing compared to viair's 2 to 3 times the price. i have a 5 gallon tank that i fill with this compressor also
Unread 09-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #75
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep0312 View Post
Very nice build thread you have going on here!
Thanks a lot! Its fun keeping track of the progress.

Tags
locked , stock appearance , stretched , tj on leaf springs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.