Kyle's Kurb Hopper - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Kyle's Kurb Hopper

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 08-08-2011, 02:23 AM   #361
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Looks good man! I never noticed that rust in any of your pics before.

ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 10:09 AM   #362
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
Looks good man! I never noticed that rust in any of your pics before.
The rest of the vehicle is pretty much rust free. I've had this spot covered with a united four wheel drive association decal for almost a year. Just decided it was time to fix it.
kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2011, 11:12 PM   #363
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Today I shipped off my full soft doors. Made a good amount on them!
Unread 08-10-2011, 01:52 PM   #364
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Alright well I might as well let everyone in on what I have up my sleeve...The first item is on it's way to me from MA as of today, the second I went and picked up this morning:

Unread 08-10-2011, 01:59 PM   #365
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I want thAt tank dude
Unread 08-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #366
Cotton
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sweet tank! What did you pay for that?

Your going to love the CJ tailgate mod! One of my favorites so far! Makes a nice cook area, seat and work bench on the trail.
Cotton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2011, 04:09 PM   #367
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Nice score! Take a look at my build & note the issues I ran into with the install. The upper shock mounts needed to be trimmed on mine to fit the tank in. Not sure if yours will need it, but just a heads up.
REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/adapt-die-kuk9s-stretch-tj-build-1160620
KUK9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #368
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
I want thAt tank dude
I really did too. I did consider a fuel cell, but having it in the stock location is just more practical for me I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotton_4x4 View Post
Sweet tank! What did you pay for that?
Your going to love the CJ tailgate mod! One of my favorites so far! Makes a nice cook area, seat and work bench on the trail.
I'm very excited about the tank. The guy was asking $750 plus $75 for shipping, we negotiated it down to $650 shipped. Which I felt was pretty fair. I was either going to go with a used Genright tank, or a new PureJeep tank. But I'm frugal, so used it was! I'm definitely looking forward to both the look and the functionality of a CJ drop-down gate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUK9 View Post
Nice score! Take a look at my build & note the issues I ran into with the install. The upper shock mounts needed to be trimmed on mine to fit the tank in. Not sure if yours will need it, but just a heads up.
Thanks, I thought it was a good score too. I rarely spend any time on Pirate, but I saw this in the classifieds and made an account just so I could PM the guy. And thanks for the heads up! I'll take a closer look at your thread and prepare for what I might run into!
Unread 08-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #369
poobub
2004 TJ Wrangler 

jeep looks awesome man! Im jealous you went to school in CO! Also a little enveous of your cj tailgate, been looking for one myself for some time now..
Unread 08-10-2011, 11:20 PM   #370
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poobub View Post
jeep looks awesome man! Im jealous you went to school in CO! Also a little enveous of your cj tailgate, been looking for one myself for some time now..
Thanks alot man! As far as school goes, I'll be heading back out in 2 weeks for my 5th semester. I'm looking forward to it.
You should really do a CJ tailgate! In my opinion it's an awesome looking mod....functional too. For me it was time to put the spare somewhere else anyway. A 35 really ruins tailgate latches.
In the future I'd like to complement the tailgate swap with some Savvy tail lights (or something similar), and a new rear bumper.
Unread 08-11-2011, 08:05 AM   #371
poobub
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I mainly want it just to have a flip down tailgate. It also looks 100x better than the stock ones we have, and seems to be a pretty straight forward swap. I have found a few local pretty cheap but they had a little to much rust for me to deal with. Cant wait to see it installed.
Unread 08-11-2011, 07:09 PM   #372
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hey! Nice Jeep, love the build. I'm excited to see where you go with your Cj tailgate.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-tj-evolution-lady-1183495/"]My Totally Rad Build Thread[/URL]
SarahRose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2011, 11:10 PM   #373
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose View Post
Hey! Nice Jeep, love the build. I'm excited to see where you go with your Cj tailgate.
Thanks alot! I plan on working on it tomorrow...might sandblast it. We'll see!
Unread 08-13-2011, 04:19 PM   #374
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

NICE score on the tank dude!
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2011, 12:57 AM   #375
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

More pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
NICE score on the tank dude!
Thanks! It will be here Monday. I'm excited about it that's for sure.

In other news: I made progress on the tailgate swap today. I woke up and pulled the old tailgate off. I had to drill the torx bolts out to get the hinges off. A guy came and picked it up for 40 bucks. So thus far, I'm breaking even on the tailgate. I also made a new CB antenna mount. Before it was mounted to the spare tire carrier on the old tailgate. Then my dad and I busted out his welder and welded some holes shut.

CB antenna mount:

Holes welded shut in the tub. We actually threaded bolts in, welded them in, cut them off, then grinded them flat.

The tailgate had small holes drilled along the top lip. Picture is of my dad welding those.

Then in the dark, I applied bondo to the tub and tailgate. It was too dark to get a good picture of the bondo on the tailgate.

Tomorrow if I have time after work I'll be sanding the bondo smooth, applying primer, and sanding some more. I also decided not to sandblast my tailgate. The orbital sander took all the paint I needed to off on both the inside and outside. I'll post more pictures when I can!

Tags
locked , stock appearance , stretched , tj on leaf springs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.