That turned out looking pretty good man, nice work. Looking forward to some more pics.
Thanks a lot man. As far as it going smoothly, projects always have their speed bumps. We ran into a couple of issues that will need to be cleared up. First off, something is up with the passenger rear drum, we couldn't get it to bleed right...the brakes are real spongy which is unacceptable. Also, my fenders are currently my bumpstops, so I'm thinking I'll be trimming them slightly more and setting up bumpstops, there just wasn't enough time this weekend to do these things. Lastly, the locker was sent in to me in a box full of styrofoam BBs. I got most of them cleaned out, but couldn't get the ones out that were packed in behind the pressure plate that allows the locker to un-lock. When initially driving it, the locker was popping and catching it's teeth to momentarily lock up. In the 3 hour drive home, it did this randomly for about the 1st hour. I think the BB's must have dissolved because it hasn't done so since.
Looks awesome Kyle. Digging the rear setup with fenders. I bet your pumped!!!
I am very excited. I'm loving it.
Awesome man! Looks pimpin'! You do know your PM box will fill up with questions from me in the near future, right?
How is the on road ride?
I think it looks great too man. I'm really proud of how it came out. It droops so much better than it did on coils. As far as the ride goes it's worlds more smooth over bumps, around corners it has major body roll though. It's definitely softer than it was, but I like it. I think I'll have to fix my broken front sway bar links. I'm going to build some new disconnects from my old rear sway bar links. The factory front ball socket design on the sway bar is inferior. I might have to build a traction bar too. It definitely has some vibrations in the drive shaft when I take off in first gear. I attribute this to some spring wrap. I did have room to mount the shocks in the stock location with the 5" stretch. I was thinking of out-boarding the shocks as soon as possible, prior to the swap. After seeing it droop, I guess I'll have to unbolt the shock and see if it can even droop any more. Lastly, my rear shackle hangers are located exactly 1 inch from the rear edge of my frame. If you want a 5-6" stretch, I would say mounting the shackle hangers to the frame would be the way to go. I think any more stretch than 6", and you NEED to have them mounted to a cross member to get the correct shackle angle. As far as my PM box is concerned, I'll make some room for whatever questions you might have!
Thats awesome. I love how you started and finished all in a weekend. Then tested her out by hitting a trail all in the same day.
I figured that was the best way to do it! Honestly, I could never have knocked it out that fast with out the great help I had. Now I just can't wait to wheel it again.
Your jeep turned out great. I really like the look with the flares pushed back. Nice build!
Thanks man! I'm really satisfied. I like the look too. From the front, an average Joe probably wont even notice. From the back it clearly looks stretched but is fairly subtle. I'm really happy.
I'd also like to mention a thank you to both Red_Smoke and Gribbles for patiently answering all of the questions that I had. You guys rock! Thanks alot!