Kromberg's ZJ Build thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Kromberg's ZJ Build thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #46
kromberg
1993 ZJ 

it will be close. and worth every penny. and by the end of summer i want to have a motorcycle so i can travel back and forth to college without breaking the bank

1993 ZJ 4.0L I6, White Jeep member #1993 Check out my build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/krombergs-zj-build-thread-977508
kromberg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2010, 05:18 PM   #47
Xerxes
1999 TJ Wrangler 

nice. wish i could do that

|::Sahara Owner::|
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2010, 10:35 AM   #48
zatchmo
1995 ZJ 

Hey man, I noticed you were in Skills-USA. How did you do? I'm a former member myself. Went to nationals 3 times for electronics technology. Got 4th, 2nd, and then finally won it my 3rd trip.
zatchmo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2010, 04:14 PM   #49
kromberg
1993 ZJ 

i got second in architectural drafting. lost by 4 points. owell
1993 ZJ 4.0L I6, White Jeep member #1993 Check out my build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/krombergs-zj-build-thread-977508
Unread 05-10-2010, 07:53 PM   #50
kromberg
1993 ZJ 

lol. well i was bored at school today so i was surfing youtube and found this amazing video.

YouTube - Blaupunkt The Advantage

anyways. i welded some more on the front bumper. just a couple more pieces and painting and it will be done
Unread 05-11-2010, 07:30 AM   #51
zatchmo
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kromberg View Post
i got second in architectural drafting. lost by 4 points. owell
Second is no small feat. Nice work! Oh, nice Jeep too btw.
zatchmo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2010, 07:57 AM   #52
austentatious
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yea congrats on 2nd! Anymore pics or updates on what youre doing liftwise?

|ProComp|Rokmen|Zone|MetalCloak|RockHard|Mastercraft|TomWoods|Novak|TenFactory|Synergy|
austentatious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2010, 04:38 PM   #53
kromberg
1993 ZJ 

so i finished my high school career today. im going to try and finish all of the welding today for the bumper. and what is crazy is that we got a snow storm after it being in the 60s and 70s for the past couple weeks. that was a shock to the system stepping out and seeing a couple of inches on the gound!

update: i got the bumper finished and just need to grind down a couple welds, paints and install
Unread 05-12-2010, 04:43 PM   #54
Xerxes
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kromberg View Post
so i finished my high school career today. im going to try and finish all of the welding today for the bumper. and what is crazy is that we got a snow storm after it being in the 60s and 70s for the past couple weeks. that was a shock to the system stepping out and seeing a couple of inches on the gound!

update: i got the bumper finished and just need to grind down a couple welds, paints and install
sweeet gotta see pics

|::Sahara Owner::|
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2010, 09:17 PM   #55
kromberg
1993 ZJ 

maybe. we had our class pizza party today and a guy that lives out in the country got stuck and i got nominated to pull him out. we didnt have a camera for it but he was buried almost to the chassis in the ditch. he went around a turn too fast and just slide. i got there and connected it to my hitch, put it into 4lo and went at it. besides mud flying everywhere and both of our vehicles getting covered in mud it went well. i get back into town and hit a bump and my front passenger side starts bouncing nonstop. i stop in the school parking lot and take a look at it. i couldnt see it too well, but it looks like either the bolts broke of the mount broke on the shock. fml. i am driving down to denver to pick up that rear tire carrier from clninja and will be got all day. it looks like my jeep is out of commission until all the graduation stuff is overwith and i can get it in to the shop and weld it if the mount is broken.

and Xerxes here is your teaser. lol
Unread 05-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #56
kromberg
1993 ZJ 

well it has been a busy week. i have been busy with graduation stuff. i was torquing everything down at about 400 miles just because i am going on a trip with it soon. when i started, the wheel spacers from rc decide to ruin most of my lugs and one of the studs even broke off. i called rc and they wanted pictures and they are thinking about not even sending me new ones.

on the positive side, i have more pictures of my front bumper, however i do not have pics for the tire carrier yet.

edit: it took a hour, talking to 2 supervisors, and threatening to revoke my lift kit order to get them to send me new ones. they will not pay for new lug nuts however. so it looks like im out around 50 bucks still
Unread 05-21-2010, 05:49 PM   #57
kromberg
1993 ZJ 

well i fixed the shocks. and i was looking at Cabelas.com (where my father works) and saw that they sell a bunch of warn items. they also sell high-lifts and winches. a ton of stuff. it looks like once i get a job i will have a hayday without even leaving this small town. i was looking at the warn 6.5" halogen driving lights, does anyone have them? if so how do you like them?
Unread 05-31-2010, 03:04 PM   #58
kromberg
1993 ZJ 

update time!

i have decided to keep it for the time being. if you havent heard yet. it broke down in the middle of the street last week. here is the story:

well today i was driving down the road when all of a sudden, my front drivers tire flies off and goes about a block ahead of me. i skid about 25 feet on my rotor. after almost pooping my pants, i get out and look to see what happened. the rotor took the damage well, just rolled with the road so it is just scuffed up on the sides. the tire is fine however the rim go pretty chewed up (i was planning on different rims anyways). three of the lug nut studs (that come out of the axle) are broken off and popped back inside the axle. i put the tire back on and called my dad to get our trailer.

by the time he got to the scene, 2 cop cars were directing traffic. he pulls the trailer up in front of my jeep. i start the engine and put it in drive. i let off the brake and i didn't roll forward like normal. i tap on the gas slightly. the whole front end skids forward (the tires didn't move at all). thinking that it might be my transfer case, i put it into nuetral. the jeep starts to roll slightly. i try putting it back into 2wd but the gears grind and it wont let me. i try 4lo and it allows my to put it in. i start moving up slowly. once i go a couple feet, i hear a grinding noise. it sounded like those lost studs were interfering with the rotation of the front axle. i take it slowly up the ramp. we get it on the trailer and take it back home. after i get home, i try putting it in 2wd again. it slips in like normal (i did the same exact thing as last time). i put it my barn and take a look underneath the jeep. nothing looked busted or any major external damage beside the studs.

anyways, i have taken off the wheel hub assembly and it is trashed. i am waiting to get paid before i order a new set. after that, i will change the fluid, and then have a friend that works in a shop look at it and see if anything else is wrong. it feels weird not driving it for so long. its not a story without pictures!

Hello broken wheel hub assembly:

Here are the two broken lug studs:

the trashed rotor from eating the cement:

luckly, i didnt have my nice rims and tires on at the time(they were getting balanced)
Unread 06-02-2010, 04:31 PM   #59
kromberg
1993 ZJ 

thinking about doing a white/grey camo paint job. what are your ideas on it? i want to keep it white based so i wont have to change the title and everything to a different color. and plus i cant just leave the inside and engine bay white

here is a pic of what i want to do:

Tags
build , zj college

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.