Kromberg's ZJ Build thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Kromberg's ZJ Build thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-22-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
kromberg
1993 ZJ 

Kromberg's ZJ Build thread

well, i have had my jeep for little over a year and i have been doing small fixes ever since i bought it. i thought now would be a good time to start a build thread and get some feedback on my work. saying i live in a town of 7,000 there are not many people who know anything about jeeps. college will start for me next fall at the university of nebraska-lincoln with a major in chemical engineering and my goal is to have the most b.a. jeep on campus
right now my current mods are:
  • After Market Header
  • Pioneer DEH-1900MP head unit
  • MTX 5500 Thunder sub with a Pioneer amp
  • Cobra CB
  • Cheap fog lights
  • .75 spacers front and back
as i have just recently been promoted at my job i will have much more money coming in this summer. i already have some 33 in mt tires and rims that i plan on putting on with a 4" Rough Country lift and some wheel spacers. i am also closing in on completing a custom bumper for it and i will mount it as soon as it warms up slightly. i have also named it Loki because something is always breaking down on it

Last edited by kromberg; 02-28-2010 at 10:28 PM..
kromberg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2010, 12:24 AM   #2
kromberg
1993 ZJ 

just finished taking off my bumper fascia. not enough light in my barn to take pics so that will come tomorrow. i also just bought some spray paint to paint my cladding. new bumper should be on by the next friday. i still have to finish welding a couple parts on and then clean it up and paint it.
Unread 02-28-2010, 11:30 AM   #3
kromberg
1993 ZJ 

paint is done. i just need to get some batteries in the camera and take some pics
Unread 02-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #4
kromberg
1993 ZJ 

here are the pics of the cladding. bumper stills needs to be put on
before paint:

Painted:

tape off:

DOESN'T THAT BLACK AND WHITE LOOK SEXY!

for more pics: ZJ Jeep pictures by kromberg_jeep - Photobucket

Last edited by kromberg; 02-28-2010 at 10:28 PM..
Unread 03-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #5
GnomegrownZJ
1996 ZJ 

Looks good man, ive been thinking about either painting the cladding or just taking it off completely. Wanna see that lift it'll look sexy
Unread 03-02-2010, 08:46 PM   #6
HGilroy
1995 ZJ 

nice the painted cladding looks way better
Unread 03-03-2010, 01:23 AM   #7
kromberg
1993 ZJ 

thanks guys. now that the cladding is done, i am focusing my time on completing my bumper. all that is left is to figure out how i want to mount it on and then i have to clean it up a bit and paint it. i will post pics of it tomorrow. i forgot my camera at my house, therefor i couldnt take pics at school
1993 ZJ 4.0L I6, White Jeep member #1993 Check out my build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/krombergs-zj-build-thread-977508
Unread 03-04-2010, 06:12 PM   #8
kromberg
1993 ZJ 

it was nice out today, so i painted my grill, cleaned, and vacuumed out my car.

before:

After:

*also have a stock gray front bumper fascia for sale cheap if anyone is interested*
1993 ZJ 4.0L I6, White Jeep member #1993 Check out my build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/krombergs-zj-build-thread-977508
Unread 03-08-2010, 05:47 PM   #9
kromberg
1993 ZJ 

i keep on forgetting my camera to take pics of my bumper. i will try to remember to take it to school tomorrow. meanwhile i was bored in study hall, so i decided to make a quick sketch of what i am planning on doing in the trunk space. the top of it will have tie downs for coolers, luggage, etc or maybe a steel separator like the one they have for dogs. i have not seen any that are sub friendly, so there is a spot for it. behind the sub box will be another access that can be reached by putting down the rear seat(smaller side). this will be made out of 3/4 in osb wood with either paint, carpet, or some sort of laminate. the bottom will be mostly open (you can see the carpet) with bracing on the drawer side. on the top i am going to reuse the spare tire mounting hardware and make a bracket that will be bolted on the top of the unit. the draw will hold tow ropes, fluids, extra parts, tools, etc. the drawer will have double tracks to keep up with the weight of the contents.

here is what my trunk looks like now:

here is the sketch i did:

im going to measure everything out and draw it on autocad and tinker with the design starting on wednesday. suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by kromberg; 03-08-2010 at 06:21 PM..
Unread 03-09-2010, 09:36 AM   #10
GnomegrownZJ
1996 ZJ 

Imo if you put the tire on a carrier connected to a custom rear bumper you could have more storage for tools and what not
Unread 03-09-2010, 03:57 PM   #11
kromberg
1993 ZJ 

im thinking the roof. i live in a small town so i will only have it on top when i go on trips. but money is short and a back bumper/tire carrier is too much unless u know of a used one
Unread 03-09-2010, 06:56 PM   #12
GnomegrownZJ
1996 ZJ 

I've only seen it on someone's zj on this forum, ill have to go through and see who it was. The roof wouldn't be too bad just chain it down or find a good roof rack
Unread 03-09-2010, 10:45 PM   #13
kromberg
1993 ZJ 

thing about the roof is the drag on the highway. i will be driving this back and forth to college which is 400 miles away
Unread 03-10-2010, 03:52 AM   #14
BeepTheJeep

Nice sketch bro! =p
BeepTheJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2010, 07:18 AM   #15
kromberg
1993 ZJ 

ya i have been in drafting for the last 5 years of school.

Tags
build , zj college

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.