KRLS WJ Budject Slow Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > KRLS WJ Budject Slow Build

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 10-15-2014, 01:19 PM   #1
KRLS

KRLS WJ Budject Slow Build

Hello jeepers!

My names is Kevin,
I have been on this site for about 2 years really just observing. I actually didn't have a jeep at time I first joined but went all the time in my brothers ZJ.
I do have a jeep now (actually for the last year. Just been sitting in my yard). It's a 2001 grand Cherokee. It originally belonged to my grandfather who past away last year and left his house and his jeep to me.

image-4118635094.jpg

I have always loved this jeep (except the color). The reason I wasn't driving it is cause I had a ford ranger at the time. But it is now sold and payed off and out of the way, so I can now have some fun with my jeep.

My plans with this jeep is to make it in to a decent daily driver but also a sick weekend warrior.

- 4 inch iro lift (already on its way)
- 33 inch tires on 16s
- new rims with a nice back spacing, thinking 4.5 or 4
- new flat black paint job. (thinking I might get it wrapped. A friend of mine has his own shop)
- murdered out. And red parts brake calls, shock boots, maybe the coils idk yet.
- bushwacker flares
- new exhaust to make a nice drone/rumble
- halo projectors with hids. (I need new housings anyways)
- light bar somewhere.
- new mesh grill ( might mount light at behind it)

This will be a slow build over the next 6 months. My budget is about 4-5 grand. Try keeping it under 4. I will be posting lots of pictures and all the prices that paid plus the shipping. I live in a northern community in Canada so stuff takes a little longer to get here. But my work allows me to get anything shipped to my store and usually they pay the shipping. I hope that my ideas gives others ideas. Please don't be afraid to use my plans or ideas. As I am the only one in my small town with this type of jeep. So I won't see yours anytime soon.

Thanks for reading. I'll try my best to keep this updated.

KRLS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2014, 01:28 PM   #2
connorsaul

Can't wait to see it! It sounds like an awesome build.
connorsaul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2014, 06:17 PM   #3
KRLS

Finally have an update on the jeep.

My tires were leaking bad but held air ok. Finally got a chance to try slime. Seems to be working fine.
Finally got all the paper work in my name and got it registered. I don't have to safety it or anything which is awesome. Even thought the strewing is out of whack and has lots of play think it's warn parts.

Put on a 2 inch bb my cousin gave me for free.
Unread 11-11-2014, 06:24 PM   #4
KRLS

image-756074464.jpg

And tinted my tail lights and brake light.

image-599402595.jpg

At the end of the month I'm getting jk Moab rims with 32 bfgs
Unread 11-13-2014, 02:14 PM   #5
KRLS

Ordered a 4 inch lift from zone. 900 shipped to my door. With upgraded shocks I couldn't beat the price. Wanted to go with iro. But if I was to get all the same as the zone id be looking at 900 before shipping. So hopefully next month I'll get everything on.
Do I have to trim for 32s? I plan on trimming the front bumper anyways. But anything in the back. I also have wheel spacers to go on. Thanks again.
Unread 11-18-2014, 11:03 PM   #6
KRLS

Well some how my zone lift got cancelled on me or something. But it is for the better. I decided to go with the 4 inch rough country long arm set up. After reading through forums and that fun bs. It only made sense for the height and ride quality I want it at. My friend ZJ with 35s and a 6 inch long arm set up drove like stock. So I'm hoping it's like that. I want to get up to 6 eventually. So once the springs start to sag I will order some iro 6.5 springs and longer shocks. The long arm kit is 1600 shipped to my door. Can't argue that price. Since I see many people pay more than that before shipping. I'm a little worried about rc's bad reviews for quality. But I won't be wheeling really hard. No tires stuffed way up into the wheel well for me. But I want the ride quality and look. So it's not a huge concern. Sorry no pics cause really no further news. Besides it being to bloody cold out to take any outside pics. Will all have to wait till the lift and tires. Yay!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.