My names is Kevin,
I have been on this site for about 2 years really just observing. I actually didn't have a jeep at time I first joined but went all the time in my brothers ZJ.
I do have a jeep now (actually for the last year. Just been sitting in my yard). It's a 2001 grand Cherokee. It originally belonged to my grandfather who past away last year and left his house and his jeep to me.
I have always loved this jeep (except the color). The reason I wasn't driving it is cause I had a ford ranger at the time. But it is now sold and payed off and out of the way, so I can now have some fun with my jeep.
My plans with this jeep is to make it in to a decent daily driver but also a sick weekend warrior.
- 4 inch iro lift (already on its way)
- 33 inch tires on 16s
- new rims with a nice back spacing, thinking 4.5 or 4
- new flat black paint job. (thinking I might get it wrapped. A friend of mine has his own shop)
- murdered out. And red parts brake calls, shock boots, maybe the coils idk yet.
- bushwacker flares
- new exhaust to make a nice drone/rumble
- halo projectors with hids. (I need new housings anyways)
- light bar somewhere.
- new mesh grill ( might mount light at behind it)
This will be a slow build over the next 6 months. My budget is about 4-5 grand. Try keeping it under 4. I will be posting lots of pictures and all the prices that paid plus the shipping. I live in a northern community in Canada so stuff takes a little longer to get here. But my work allows me to get anything shipped to my store and usually they pay the shipping. I hope that my ideas gives others ideas. Please don't be afraid to use my plans or ideas. As I am the only one in my small town with this type of jeep. So I won't see yours anytime soon.
Thanks for reading. I'll try my best to keep this updated.