Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

kowboydmac build

13K views 144 replies 7 participants last post by  kowboydmac 
#1 ·
I'll add pictures later but I bought 98zjdave's jeep, so most of the suspension upgrade is on his build. Just not taking credit for the stuff he did :)

Friday changed the oil and bought some Quaker State synthetic Torque oil and changed the air filter. Also seafoamed it. Nothing special but it accelerates a little smoother than it already did.

Saturday changed out the rear hatch struts to some monroe struts, that thing stays up with ease now.

Waiting on the Heater core and evap so I can begin that lovely installation :) ..
Put it a panasonic head unit last week, but I'll be getting a newer kenwood unit along with an amp/sub package whenever I do the heater core/evap (easier to run wires that way).

Then I'll order gears and save up a little and get them installed at a reputable shop; Going to take everyones advice and not fiddle with it especially since this jeep is pretty nice and I'd hate to screw anything up.

In the meantime, I'm debating on a roof rack, saving for tires/rims (rims may just come first since the tires are still pretty good, I just REALLY want some US Wheel 94's), start blacking out some stuff (grille, some badges, etc), order some upper control arms, new horns (i soaked the previous ones on accident :/..) and LOTS of cleaning supplies :D haha I like getting this thing dirty, but I refuse to keep it dirty.

mmm well thats all I can think of right now. I'll keep yall posted!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Just thought I'd throw up a price budget sheet I've conjured up recently

Sound system - 500 (searched and searched for good deals on like a thousand sites lol)
Gears - 1400 - 600 from Kolak and 800 install (ballpark price on install)
Tires/Rims - 1000
TQ converter - 450 (still thinking of going with APS)
Header - 150 (ebay special :) lol)
UCA's - ? .. not sure where i want to get those from yet. saw a decent set off ebay from ironman4x4
Muffler - 40 (thrush)

And I'll also be spending plenty of money on cleaning stuff and random things.. I'm thinking of por15'ing my brake calipers and freshening up the under carriage with a lot of por15.. I've used it before and like how it dries out.

Well this is a list I'm sure I'll be editing for awhile... Just thought someone might care to know my direction!

#4 ·
Haha!!

Well now we can troll mwahahaha.

SuuBoo... your "fake and gay".

:)

#5 ·
Took a hit to the budget today getting all the paperwork tag/title finalized... 360 bucks!!!

But I did order the new stereo deck, 6.5 components to put up front, 6.5 rear, and an amp to power the door speakers... ordered a dual amp kit for when i order the sub/amp hopefully next week after I seal up whatever it is that's causing the leak in the rear.

Also ordered new contacts, another 100 dollar hit. Eek!

Well next two things coming up for the jeep; Sub's and new Rims.

Selling the american racing python's in the classified section.

#8 ·
hahaha ok man!!! Me and SuuBoo will take a ton with the interior all out to replace the stuff, TRUST ME

I would have ordered those upper control arms, but i didn't expect to spend that much on the title stuff... Obama, or whoever it is, isn't so good at the whole "lower taxes" thing... haha.

#12 ·
LMAO

you two would get along, for sure.

Import fellas... bahahah. Smoke my tail though!

K, bout to order the 94's. :D

#14 ·
Yeah so... bogged down the motor a little today... haha. SuuBoo was there. Steamed like a mofo!

Replaced the oil with some cheap supertech synthetic and put in new plugs.. in 5/6 holes anyway. got some autolite platinums at wal mart since it was apparently all that fit, according to their book.

Going to get a spark plug boot puller in the AM to get to the plug near the compressor.

Gotta let the air intake dry as well... Ah!

Oh and I just cleaned up the seal and put a little goop around the back side windows and a few drops inside the strip. Hopefully that seals it up tight.

#15 ·
Well after doing some reading, looks like I definitely caught the JEEP disease.. haha.

I want to upgrade the front suspension so I'm considering going with kevinsoffroad track bar and steering brace and some adjustable upper control arms from ironman4x4 off ebay. I'll get those before the gears since the re-gear will be the last big expense I want to do for the jeep (parts+labor wise). It already has a pro comp lift on it, so I'm doing some more research to figure out how to upgrade the front end.

#17 ·
BLAH

Slowly working at this Heater Core/Evap replacement... Have the interior pretty much gutted minus the driver seat.

Took some pics, but didn't have my camera on me when we finally got the Dash out, but I should have it with me tonight.

Through schedule defects, a couple of my friends and I have been working in the cold, at night, so things are coming along extremely slowly.

Not to mention the hundred little plastic things we've been having to break to get the Wiring harness to separate the dash.

#20 ·
haha, nope :p

I've been going non-stop with the Jeep man lol

It's actually sitting on new wheels, I just gotta get new caps and change out two stud bolts that got warped somehow (pretty sure the shop's airgun .. lol)

Still debating on if the subs, track bar, or adj UCA's are next... hmmm... lol

#21 ·

Sunday night

Monday night

-

Have a few more photos, but these pretty much sum everything up.

Slowly working on this thanks to epic schedule conflicts.. argh.. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.