kingcat's yj build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > kingcat's yj build

TJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 08-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #46
kingcat400
1993 YJ Wrangler 

well i finally got the front bumper done for this stage.
going to paint it and use it for the rest of the session then this winter i will pull it off and put a winch mount on it

kingcat400 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #47
kingcat400
1993 YJ Wrangler 

wow i thought i was updating this looks like i have some catching up to do. in the winter the jeep just gets the top and doors put on and just gets used a a weekend driver when we go up north as we don't want to screw up the trails we snowmobile on.

since the last post i got the tj sound bar installed with some new kicker 6.5's, much better then the stock 5.25's that were in there

before

after

then when talking with some newly met people down the street we got on the conversations of jeeps and he began to tell me about his 90 that has a 2.5 lift and 33 boggers. he told me about some halfdors he bought brand new and used once and stuck them in his attic. so i asked him if he wanted to sell them and he told me $200 and there mine. well now i have a set of half Doors

i got them home and stripped them and they are ready to paint just need to make up some door panels.

this weekend i ripped out the old radio and got a new used in i got for doing a stereo install in a jeep i built for someone over the winter(more on that latter)

i forgot to take pictures of the new one but it is an older kenwood with the sirius module with lifetime membership. what a nightmare with the old wiring. some one put the old stereo and tapped into the stock wiring with just twisted wires and tape so i went trough and crimped and heatshrinked all the wires and also took out a bunch of unused wires.

i am going to start on a console that will hold an 8' sub the next time i go up.

now the big news. i picked a hf 12k winch for $299.99 on-sale. i know it is cheap but if it lasts a few years i will be happy. i figure with it being 12k i will not be putting a lot of load on it.

i took the bumper off an i am going to add another layer to the top for strength and also add the fair lead mount.

now i was mentioning i built a jeep for someone. in November someone came in our shop and had just bought there kid a 1997 tj with a lot of rust. he wanted to paint it silver, fix the rust, put a lift on, do a stereo, and a bumper. but he wanted it done for Christmas as it was a gift. so i turned all attention to this jeep, we ended up getting it all done in time and they were very happy with the result. i made out on the deal as i got to keep all the old stereo that i pulled out of the jeep as well as get paid.

since this picture it has since got a rc 3.5 lift and a set of 33x12.5 duratracs. thought i did like this jeep i like my yj better.
Unread 03-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #48
kingcat400
1993 YJ Wrangler 

also this weekend we had a issue with the jeep. i drove it about 30 miles to go wash all the salt off before putting it in the garage and when i was washing it i noticed this

all 3 of the skid bolts on the right side were about to fall out. i have no idea why. i had no tools on me so i chanced it and drove home like that. all 3 stayed in and i made it. they all tightened up but the center one ripped trough the skid. i am going to get some big washers and but them in next time.
Unread 04-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #49
kingcat400
1993 YJ Wrangler 

got the bumper all Finished up and in a fresh coat of dp90. once i got it installed i had to take it for a test run trough the local rocks.

Unread 05-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #50
kingcat400
1993 YJ Wrangler 

did some work this weekend

installed the cb antenna and backup light

our normal spot was flooded out but we made the best of it.

on the last pass it was a little deeper. sort of got stuck thanks to the winch and another guy with a cj we got pulled out.

buddy tried to go trough the another spot with his Cherokee and sent a rod trough the pan after sucking water had to tow him home trough some nice sized holes but the jeep pulled right trough

at the hill some guy had a but to much and tried to take his burb trough a atv trail. it didn't fit!
Unread 05-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #51
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Good thing you didn't have to tow the heavy Chevy. That may have been a bit much. Too bad for the XJ.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 07:20 PM   #52
kingcat400
1993 YJ Wrangler 

The Chevy had 3 broken ball joints it got dragged out by a Chevy on 54s and a stroked big block. The sand up there is like dunes and that is the whole way out to the main road.

The xj's owner is not the brightest. He blew up a sand rail and a sxs the same weekend.
Unread 05-28-2013, 10:50 PM   #53
kingcat400
1993 YJ Wrangler 

went to the local jy today and picked up some things for the jeep. going to install the injectors next time up. the tb will be going on the new motor when i build it later this summer.

Unread 05-29-2013, 07:21 PM   #54
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcat400 View Post
The Chevy had 3 broken ball joints it got dragged out by a Chevy on 54s and a stroked big block. The sand up there is like dunes and that is the whole way out to the main road.

The xj's owner is not the brightest. He blew up a sand rail and a sxs the same weekend.
He should have quit while he was ahead. What injectors are those?

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2013, 09:45 PM   #55
kingcat400
1993 YJ Wrangler 

ford 19 # i have 6 design ones with a single nozzle and 4 design 3 with the 4 nozzles
Unread 07-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #56
kingcat400
1993 YJ Wrangler 

thought i updated this but guess not.

last time i went up i helped the guy load the xj on to the trailer so he could replace the motor. when the guy left and got on the freeway. a few minuets we got a phone call.
didnt get any pictures on the freeway was more worried about getting back.

wheels broke off trailer, started to sway blew tire on truck, diwn in ditch jeep staps broke, jeep into truck.

but in the end every one is fine..

now the good things. stuff to do over the weekend.

bought these in ebay and got some rigid covers to go in them.

made some panels for my half doors.

also got all the supply to do the headlight relay harness.
Unread 02-26-2014, 09:57 AM   #57
kingcat400
1993 YJ Wrangler 

im going to be updating this soon but figured i would throw this out there.

the tires and wheels are forsale 33-10.5-15 km2's on mt classic lock 2's they have about 500 miles on them with only about 100 being on road. when they sell getting some 35's
Unread 03-03-2014, 02:16 PM   #58
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hey, it looks sweet. Subscribed. Are you or your dads shop showing anything in the Autorama?
Que89YJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 05:36 PM   #59
DpDave
Semper Fidelis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Good looking Jeep! You don't have any measurements or drawings for those front fenders do you? I've been thinking about taking a stab a fabbing some up.

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/t...build-1521567/
DpDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 05:39 PM   #60
parttimejeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Awesome!
parttimejeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.