Eh, feel free to talk about anything, share ideas, etc itt, I don't mind as I don't have anything all that important going on anyway...
Talked to my buddy again at 4 wheel parts, he's leaning me toward RE, but I'm set on OME and will be ordering tomorrow morning.
Still have a couple of questions though:
1. will I need a drop pitman arm?
2. can I reuse my existing spring bushings from superlift?
3. what driveshaft setup are you running sparrows? CV or stock one? do you have SYE?
Thanks for everything again guys, I feel much better now that I'm back on track
You won't regret the OME!
1. No you don't need a drop pitman arm. At least I didn't. My steering geometry seems to be just fine; everything is tight and responsive. Although I still need to recenter my steering wheel.
It's amazing what you get used to driving around a 20 year old YJ!
If you do find you need a DPM, grab one from an XJ/ZJ from your local JY. That was my plan if it ended up being needed.
2. Not sure about reusing the bushings. I remember reading somewhere that the OME springs use a slightly different bushing. Something about them being thicker to compensate for the slightly tapered ends of the spring? It's about $80.00 for all new bushings, so if it was me, I'd just buy them for the peace of mind.
3. I have a CV shaft out of an XJ. I snagged it for $25, and it cost me (god I'm starting to forget! So much in so little of time it's all blurring together!) like $67.00 to have it cut and balanced. So my DS was under $100 total. I got my SYE kit from Jeephut for something like $160 or so. I do remember that, all said and done, my CV/SYE was under $250.
You can run your stock shaft with a t-case drop for a while. But you will need the SYE/CV for it all to work right. On a related note, the shaft I had cut and balanced when I had my D35 still in, worked perfectly once I swapped to the 8.8. It's extended no more than 1/4" past where it was with the d35 which isn't that big of deal...and I stretched my wheelbase an inch when I did my 8.8! I think that the added thickness of the 8.8, coupled with the thickness of the flange adapter, was offset by the 1" stretch to basically even out to where I was before.
You will LOVE the ride of the OME/5100s. I can't remember but you already ditched your track/sway bars right? (too lazy to dig back for that info haha.)