kauaijeepclub's 1999 XJ build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > kauaijeepclub's 1999 XJ build

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 12-20-2014, 08:35 PM   #1
KauaiJeepClub
1999 XJ Cherokee 

kauaijeepclub's 1999 XJ build

Hi Everyone. Ill try and post my works as it happens. I am in college and so money is a bit tight. Coupled with the Jeep club I started, money is even tighter.

Anyway here is the XJ when I first got it in February. Went out the next weekend and got it muddy.

uhpckzo.jpg  
xwu0j9o.jpg

KauaiJeepClub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2014, 08:39 PM   #2
KauaiJeepClub
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Added Light Bar

I added the light bar. Needed something to help with lighting up the camp site when I arrived at night to setup.
ll5gkft.jpg

Unread 12-20-2014, 08:51 PM   #3
KauaiJeepClub
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Bull bar and more light. Also rust

It still looked too boring for me.All of this work took place over 6 months.
I found this bull bar on Craigslist. Said it was for a Comanche. Turns out it wasn't. I ended up making brackets and having a friend do some welding for me. I also lifted it 4 inches (with full leaf springs, coils, and longer lower control arms), installed sway bar disconnect and put on some better tires. Also replaced the headliner and repaired the speaker wiring. All new kicker 6.5" speakers

Also added a sub in the rear and built an enclosure.

Found a small hole in the floorboard. Ended up replacing the whole pan. Then coated everything I could in POR-15.
ygrc72m.jpg   fhwoqyx.jpg  
xj2a6vn.jpg

8c6pqwl.jpg

Last edited by KauaiJeepClub; 12-21-2014 at 03:39 PM..
Unread 05-10-2015, 05:39 PM   #4
KauaiJeepClub
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Updates

Been a while since I posted. Heres what I have done since.

In order of Pics:
  1. Underhood Light from a Chevy. Its the little things, right?
  2. Added a CB and new Chro-mo track bar
  3. New Bumper and Winch
  4. New Bull Bar
  5. Removed the perpetually graying plastic trim
light.jpg   btb1rpq.jpg   rhvebii.jpg   qxminkq.jpg   e91rord.jpg  

Unread 05-10-2015, 05:43 PM   #5
KauaiJeepClub
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I forgot to take pictures, but I put in a new radiator, fan clutch, and added a trans cooler as well

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.