Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process" - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process"

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 12-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #121
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Im closer to the shore but I didnt realize northern CT got that much snow.

As far as that front bumper dont waste your money on powdercoat, rattlecan that **** itll get dings and dents and thats the easier way to touch it up.

AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #122
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Im closer to the shore but I didnt realize northern CT got that much snow.

As far as that front bumper dont waste your money on powdercoat, rattlecan that **** itll get dings and dents and thats the easier way to touch it up.
Yep. It was coming down hard for a while. I pulled into work this morning at 7 and only a few jeeps and trucks made it in.

I wasnt considering powdercoat- just debating between a matte, gloss or textured spraypaint.
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #123
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Have you looked at the hammered finishes ? They are a lot tougher finish than regular spray paint and it is very forgiving when applying it .
Unread 12-28-2012, 05:03 AM   #124
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Have you looked at the hammered finishes ? They are a lot tougher finish than regular spray paint and it is very forgiving when applying it .
... I think I did that to some furniture when I was a teenager. Not so sure how well it would go on a bumper. Ill still look into it though.

Unread 12-28-2012, 05:45 AM   #125
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I run the hammered stuff on my cage , bumper and sliders . It is pretty durable .
Unread 12-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #126
wiant
2008 JK Wrangler 

Looks like great fun so far. Can't wait to see it with the Wild Boar top on her...

Subscribed.

Happy New Year!
Colorado Jeep Club Member #153
wiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #127
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Not sure how set you are on the Wild Boar top, but I just saw this on NEOW and not sure if its listed on CL or not...

http://neow.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=108120

"Dark grey, tinted glass, rear wiper, defrost, excellent condition. I will try to post pics later, or e-mail me and I can get some sent to you. May be able to deliver within a reasonable distance. Located in eastern CT, Canterbury. $950. E-mail me direct at [email]bentwrenchrepair@gmail.com"

He just lowered it to $850 now.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #128
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
Not sure how set you are on the Wild Boar top, but I just saw this on NEOW and not sure if its listed on CL or not...

http://neow.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=108120

"Dark grey, tinted glass, rear wiper, defrost, excellent condition. I will try to post pics later, or e-mail me and I can get some sent to you. May be able to deliver within a reasonable distance. Located in eastern CT, Canterbury. $950. E-mail me direct at bentwrenchrepair@gmail.com"

He just lowered it to $850 now.
Hey! Thank you so much for the lead. That is a fantastic deal. I still am pretty set on the wild boar top, the lj just looks too boxy with a regular one. Alice needs some nice curves to match me!

Unread 12-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #129
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiant View Post
Looks like great fun so far. Can't wait to see it with the Wild Boar top on her...

Subscribed.

Happy New Year!
Thank you very much! Spring is going to be exciting on this thread. I see it happening. Happy new years to you too!

Unread 12-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #130
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Yep. It was coming down hard for a while. I pulled into work this morning at 7 and only a few jeeps and trucks made it in.

I wasnt considering powdercoat- just debating between a matte, gloss or textured spraypaint.
matte would look sweet...try this stuff

You can grab it at advanced auto and its very durable. I use it for everything
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 09:24 PM   #131
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post

matte would look sweet...try this stuff

You can grab it at advanced auto and its very durable. I use it for everything
Thank you very much for the tip! As someone who knows far too much about polymers and resins... I am a big fan of epoxies. They are incredibly tough, cheap and easy to make them do what you want. Generally.

Unread 12-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #132
91AzXJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I am both amazed and jealous at how fast your LJ is coming together. Looking good!
91AzXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 06:43 AM   #133
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91AzXJ View Post
I am both amazed and jealous at how fast your LJ is coming together. Looking good!
Thank you very much! Im in the awesome position of being about to go into grad school so I dont have to worry about student loans, and actually having a job in my field. its a good time to spend money on myself for the first time ever.

In jeep news, so I had to drive home 2 nights ago in very slick snow that hadnt been plowed at all yet. shes perfect in 4h, very controlled and gracefull. im impressed.

Unread 01-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #134
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Happy new year everyone! I hope everyone had a safe drunken night. Speaking of which, it reminded me of this story I thought to share.

So, maybe 2 months ago I was at advanced auto with my buddies and I found a Smith & Wesson shift knob on clearance because it didn't have set screws. So for $10 plus a $1.20 trip at the hardware store I had a shift knob that felt more natural, showed my Springfield Mass pride and matched the jeep.

forumrunner_20130101_113213.jpg

Which brings me to this story. I had the shifter laying around until I got my set screws for weeks until I finally decided it was time to put it in. Not even a week later I had probably a dozen too many at the bar with my buddies (had a DD, of course- why not get shmammered) and ended up tripping and scraping up my hands pretty decently. For a week I wouldn't have been able to use the stock knob while my hands healed. So, my first story about a cheap fix for the jeep that ended up saving my ***. Moral of the story: I am an AWESOME drunk, The littlest things you buy for no reason can come in handy, and even if you appear to have stigmata- it is NOT ok to bleed inside of your DD's subaru.

forumrunner_20130101_113254.jpg
img_8185.jpeg  

Unread 01-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #135
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

That looks awful , if it were to happen to me I would drink some more

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.