Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process" - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process"

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-26-2012, 07:53 AM   #106
Bluesdude
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Right! And somehow I ended up wheeling last night in a dress and work boots. definitely an interesting sight. There is simply no ladylike way to jump in and out of a lifted jeep with a minidress. I wouldn't have it any other way.
minidress????

20thread-20is-20useless-20without-20pichers.jpg  
Bluesdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 09:22 AM   #107
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesdude View Post
minidress????
Indeed- We tried to get a picture but it was too dark out. I suppose I could get a re-enactment picture though. Ill get on that.
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 03:02 PM   #108
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hope everyone had an awesome christmas full of jeep things!!!!

I did a bit of romping around this weekend much fun. Even had to pull a chevy pickup up a hill.

And merry christmas to me- an Engo 10,000 lb winch is in the mail!

forumrunner_20121226_170032.jpg

Unread 12-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #109
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
There is simply no ladylike way to jump in and out of a lifted jeep with a minidress.
Quote:
I suppose I could get a re-enactment picture though.
I predict that your thread is going to blow up ...

Congrats on the winch . What did you end up ordering for a bumper ?
Unread 12-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #110
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post

I predict that your thread is going to blow up ...

Congrats on the winch . What did you end up ordering for a bumper ?
Well then! just wait for spring when its tanktop and jeep work weather. had 3" of snow here in the last hour. Little chilly now for eye candy pics.

I ended up going with the Rokmen mercenary with the grill guard, light mounts and welded fairlead. Cant wait to get it in.

Unread 12-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #111
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I ended up going with the Rokmen mercenary with the grill guard, light mounts and welded fairlead. Cant wait to get it in.
That is going to look great , though I am a little partial to that bumper ... enough so that I made my own .
Unread 12-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #112
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
That is going to look great , though I am a little partial to that bumper ... enough so that I made my own .
Thats fantastic! Ill have to look at it on the computer tomorrow. Damn app is a pain. I definitely want to take a stab at that down the line. So much so that im making plans to learn how to weld this spring.

Unread 12-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #113
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Its snowing heavily. Im the only one in the house who has 4wd. I am so excited to offer to drive my roomates to work (same place I work). Here comes a morning of fun watching them attempt to get into it, be uncomfortable with the amount of noise and cold of the soft top on the highway, worry about that slightly unnerving body roll and generally wonder why they have sports cars and not jeeps.

So, ta-da! Eye candy present from the best seat in the house!

forumrunner_20121226_212922.jpg

Unread 12-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #114
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Good morning everyone! So- we got about 6" of heavy, wet and wicked slick snow overnight. Roomates couldn't even move their cars an inch- hit 4h and rolled out like it was nothing. I even intentionally tried to slide out taking a turn to see exactly how well it worked on this snow. Didn't budge. Yay!!!!

In other news- so the Engo 10,000lb winch was my christmas present to me. I have now just ordered the Rokmen mercenary front bumper with tube, custom fairlead mount and light tabs for my birthday present to me. Cant wait to get them in and awe at Alice getting even more badass.

Unread 12-27-2012, 08:55 AM   #115
Bluesdude
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Its snowing heavily. Im the only one in the house who has 4wd. I am so excited to offer to drive my roomates to work (same place I work). Here comes a morning of fun watching them attempt to get into it, be uncomfortable with the amount of noise and cold of the soft top on the highway, worry about that slightly unnerving body roll and generally wonder why they have sports cars and not jeeps.

So, ta-da! Eye candy present from the best seat in the house!

Attachment 531602

Now that's what I am talking about!!! happy new year! Can't wait to see the wench, oops Winch photos!
Bluesdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #116
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Good morning everyone! So- we got about 6" of heavy, wet and wicked slick snow overnight. Roomates couldn't even move their cars an inch- hit 4h and rolled out like it was nothing. I even intentionally tried to slide out taking a turn to see exactly how well it worked on this snow. Didn't budge. Yay!!!!

In other news- so the Engo 10,000lb winch was my christmas present to me. I have now just ordered the Rokmen mercenary front bumper with tube, custom fairlead mount and light tabs for my birthday present to me. Cant wait to get them in and awe at Alice getting even more badass.
Will you spary paint it or powder coat it? What color will you use?
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #117
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesdude View Post

Now that's what I am talking about!!! happy new year! Can't wait to see the wench, oops Winch photos!
Im glad I can bring awesomeness to your day. Ill be sure to get an installation picture of the winch- minus a sweatshirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
Will you spary paint it or powder coat it? What color will you use?
Ill have to check out how it looks as bare steel. I have half a mind to spray-paint the majority of it black and leave the grill guard bare steel. Or finish it so it has a stainless finish.

I do plan to put bedliner on my fender flares as soon as its warm enough to take them off... but Im thinking a semi-gloss black on the bumper will do nicely.

Unread 12-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #118
rogerv

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Nice build, when is the welder and tubing bender coming? Then you can really start the mods,
Unread 12-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #119
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerv View Post
Nice build, when is the welder and tubing bender coming? Then you can really start the mods,
As soon as I can POSSIBLY afford them. Probably this spring- at which point I will likely kick both of my male roommates out of the garage and claim it as mine since they don't like to play with tools anyway. Pshh... what do chemists know. Chemical Engineering is where its at.

In all seriousness, a few minor things and maybe a hardtop- then I am going to work on getting every single tool I could ever need and then playing around with them.

Unread 12-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #120
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I think my roomates dog is a little jealous of the nice surprise I got when I got out of work.

forumrunner_20121227_170028.jpg

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.