Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process" - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process"

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

Unread 12-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #91
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442Wrangler View Post
I can accept everything except Tom Brady and those damn showboatin' Patriots. I predict the Packers will own them this year at the superbowl.

Also cool LJ. Looked at a few rubiharas before buying my JK as they were the only LJ I would have considered.
Im not really a fan of pretty boy Brady either, we played a damn good game this weekend though... not like that means anything when it comes down to the Superbowl. I still sometimes cry at night over the 16-0 season and still loosing it to the giants.

And thank you very much! I love it- except for the mud color thing of course. Since I have owned it outside of the Great American Jeep Ralley, I have only seen 2 more on the road and its the most exciting thing ever.

KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #92
UnlimitedMatt
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Nice Jeep!
2005 Unlimited Rubicon, Sahara Edition #556, Colorado Jeep Club Member #556
Rusty, if you are reading this, I am still waiting for my $249 refund from 06/2010. Pm me for my address to send the check. Thanks!
UnlimitedMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2012, 08:22 AM   #93
longtall
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Nice lj.
longtall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2012, 08:25 AM   #94
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

How are you liking the lift kit and the new sway bar?
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2012, 08:09 AM   #95
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
How are you liking the lift kit and the new sway bar?
I absolutely love it. The lift height certainly feels like it is exactly where the jeep should be (although, I may toy around with the idea of getting a small body lift sometime down the road). I have noticed that with the sway bar I can feel a lot more body roll if I happen to be sitting in the passenger seat- which is a rare occurrence anyway. From the drivers seat though, I can see the pitch changing from looking at the hood relative to the road if I take a corner faster than normal- but it feels entirely stable still.

It handles better than it did before, my slight DW has disappeared and now I can never loose the jeep in a parking lot. I consider that a win all around- definitely worth the money I spent.
Unread 12-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #96
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

So - Got our first spell of freezing rain up here in New England overnight. Coming home last night I did slide down the big hill on my street just a hair - totally had it coming, I hit that hill far too fast for those conditions. However- on my commute to this morning was like nothing, temp was reading 33F so I thought nothing of it. Until I got out of the jeep and realized that my entire parking lot was still covered with a very small but very slick layer of ice. Very proud of the jeep, I was actually wondering if it would be worse in the winter since my old car was so damn light. Question answered!
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
Unread 12-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #97
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
I absolutely love it. The lift height certainly feels like it is exactly where the jeep should be (although, I may toy around with the idea of getting a small body lift sometime down the road). I have noticed that with the sway bar I can feel a lot more body roll if I happen to be sitting in the passenger seat- which is a rare occurrence anyway. From the drivers seat though, I can see the pitch changing from looking at the hood relative to the road if I take a corner faster than normal- but it feels entirely stable still.

It handles better than it did before, my slight DW has disappeared and now I can never loose the jeep in a parking lot. I consider that a win all around- definitely worth the money I spent.
Thats the type of real world reveiw Ive wanted to hear about the anti rock sway bar. Thank you. If you do a BL tuck that gas tank up. It helps a lot on my low Jeep.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2012, 10:00 AM   #98
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
Thats the type of real world reveiw Ive wanted to hear about the anti rock sway bar. Thank you. If you do a BL tuck that gas tank up. It helps a lot on my low Jeep.
I haven't had the chance to test it off road between work and family and being sick for 2 weeks but Ill definitely post another practical review. I have it on the middle setting, and I think its absolutely fine for street driving. I might even loosen it a bit after seeing how it performs off-road.

I think my updated (but still very flexible) schedule is as follows:
December: Winch, front bumper - those are my current winter necessities
Maybe a few of the little things on my list will be knocked
down between Christmas and my birthday next week
January: Hardtop, rock sliders

At the end January I start grad school again, so I will have to see what my schedule and budget looks like after that.... but on my major wish list now is

Body armor, motor mount lift, body lift, skid plates and bigger tires (haven't decided on a size or brand yet- but I am already running 33's).. you know, the usual things any girl wants.

Unread 12-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #99
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

So today at work we are watching the epic flooding going on outside. Coworker A says : Wow, its raining like hell. Going to be very muddy. Coworker B overhears it in passing and says " MERRY CHRISTMAS KATE!!!!" They know me so well

Unread 12-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #100
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Maybe this will work as motivation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/freakje...7624161865926/

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #101
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Wow you have really done alot to your Jeep in a short time it looks great though. I took mine out of town and the one time I would since almost four years ago a rock would crack the windsheild lol. O well its a Jeep as they say luckily its not to expensive to fix so no biggie.
Unread 12-23-2012, 09:34 AM   #102
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Merry Christmas everybody. I ended up going wheeling around midnight. Out on the trail in the middle of nowhere. We stopped to check out the trail ahead and the constant all day flurry opened up and we had enough snow on the ground to make a white christmas! Absolutely beautiful.

Also- saw this beast around the neighborhood. I thought it was nifty.
img_20121221_135528-1.jpg  

Unread 12-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #103
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Maybe this will work as motivation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/freakje...7624161865926/
So, this is actually my desktop background at work! My new life goal I had set for myself was to make her look more badass than the freak. It will happen.

Unread 12-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #104
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjeep05 View Post
Wow you have really done alot to your Jeep in a short time it looks great though. I took mine out of town and the one time I would since almost four years ago a rock would crack the windsheild lol. O well its a Jeep as they say luckily its not to expensive to fix so no biggie.
Thank you! Thats pretty much all im spending my un-budgeted money on. Wouldnt have it any other way. front bumper and winch should be on their way too!

Unread 12-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #105
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Merry christmas everybody. I ended up going wheeling around midnight. Out on the trail in the middle of nowhere. We stopped to check out the trail ahead and the constant all day flurry opened up and we had enough snow on the ground to make a white christmas! Absolutely beautiful.
Right! And somehow I ended up wheeling last night in a dress and work boots. definitely an interesting sight. There is simply no ladylike way to jump in and out of a lifted jeep with a minidress. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Tags
2005 , currie , rubicon , sahara , unlimited

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.