Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process" - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process"

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 11-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #76
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

My Smittybuilt bumper I wouldn't have pulled a KIA out with it's d ring mounts they really looked weak. There weld looked like they didn't even try to clean them up. I'm not saying rokmen is the best out there but after talking to jeff on the phone I wanted one and so far I'm really happy with it. If you do go that route call them to order it.

midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #77
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
My Smittybuilt bumper I wouldn't have pulled a KIA out with it's d ring mounts they really looked weak. There weld looked like they didn't even try to clean them up. I'm not saying rokmen is the best out there but after talking to jeff on the phone I wanted one and so far I'm really happy with it. If you do go that route call them to order it.
After doing some extra reading- I think I might swing for the Rokmen, It looks fantastic and I haven't heard a single bad word. Do they offer a JF discount or anything?
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 11:52 PM   #78
Laredo-Alex
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hi Kate,

you´ve got a nice LJ! Like the look how it sits now and the "Saharicon"-Moabs are the gratest!! More pics please

Unread 11-18-2012, 10:08 AM   #79
CloakedLJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
After doing some extra reading- I think I might swing for the Rokmen, It looks fantastic and I haven't heard a single bad word. Do they offer a JF discount or anything?
Rokmen is a good choice. Check out jcroffroad.com equally awesome bumpers and they are having their black Friday sale
CloakedLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #80
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

rokmen bumpers are nice, they do not offer any discounts. Also check out Savvy, Genright, TNT customs, Warn, A to Z fab, poison spyder all produce quality bumpers just depends on your style
AngryTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #81
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Ok, so the shocks are officially in so I can now drive it more than back and forth to work. Probably drove almost 200 miles on it this weekend, and I did not have to alter my driving habits one bit. Although- I did end up sitting in the passenger seat for a bit. I was a little tired, so I asked my friend who had driven it a few times before to drive back home. I will be honest and say I didn't make it 2 miles down the road. It is slightly unnerving to sit in the passenger seat, you can feel the body roll a lot more when you aren't in control of it. So - i just warn whoever sits there now that it feels unstable but its really fine and call it a day. Still working on picking out a bumper.... thank you guys for all the input. Its extremely helpful
Unread 11-20-2012, 08:36 AM   #82
Bluesdude
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Looks beautiful- how do you like the Bilsteins? Mine are getting put in today
Love the 5100's, are a tough off road shock but ride prety well. This is the second Off road vehicle I have put the 5100's on, I had a 94 Chev Silverado Z-71 extended cab 4x4 with a 4 inch lift. The shocks that came with the lift didnt last a year, so I switched to the 5100's. Was very happy with them. So far so good on the Jeep. I have only put 5000 miles on it since buying it last year.

Todd
Bluesdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #83
imcfarland93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Just throwing in my 2 cents but I just recently scored a smitty bilt SRC bumper off CL and I love it to death. Matte finish so no peeling, all welds are perfect and the fitment couldn't be better. I'm a college kid on a budget as well so for the price it's exactly what I wanted

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ians-1993-jeep-wrangler-yj-sarah-1225169/[/url]
imcfarland93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 07:17 AM   #84
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcfarland93 View Post
Just throwing in my 2 cents but I just recently scored a smitty bilt SRC bumper off CL and I love it to death. Matte finish so no peeling, all welds are perfect and the fitment couldn't be better. I'm a college kid on a budget as well so for the price it's exactly what I wanted
Thanks for the input. Nice build- looks like you have learned a hell of a lot over the process. I think I have settled on the Rokman, Its not that much more and I love it. Plus, I gotta spend my money on something before the college loans start kicking in after my grace period. Although, Ill be starting grad school before that's up so it doesn't really matter anyway. Good luck in school! Whats your major?
Unread 11-26-2012, 07:25 AM   #85
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

fyi, not sure if its still valid but...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/r...-10-a-1440869/
AngryTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #86
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
fyi, not sure if its still valid but...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/r...-10-a-1440869/
If not I bet you can call and sneak an order through today .
Unread 11-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #87
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
If not I bet you can call and sneak an order through today .
Thanks guys! Im calling now
Unread 12-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #88
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

So, while on my lunch break today I decided to make a little wish list for the little things that I want for my jeep to give my family and friends a good hint that the only things I want for christmas (and my birthday 5 days later) should be jeep-related.

If anyone is interested in killing time, check it out by looking up my email cmcken01@students.poly.edu at quadratec.com

Let me know if you have any opinions on my selections or if you have any other really nifty jeep-themed christmas/birthday presents I can ask for.
Unread 12-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #89
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Also- the only thing that I dislike about the jeep so far.... you cant tell if its completely covered in mud. p.s, these pictures are pre-lift. I just completely forgot about them.
mud-1.jpg   mud-2.jpg  
Unread 12-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #90
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I freakin love living in New England. Cold weather, flannel jackets, dunkin' iced coffee, lifted trucks and Patriots season. I get my monthly paycheck this Friday! I havent got my christmas shopping budget done yet, but if I get the bonus I think I am I might be able to do winch, bumper, hardtop and rock sliders all this month!!!
new-england.jpeg  

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.