Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process" - Page 57 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process"

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 03-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #841
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

The powder coater will be able to blast off whatever finish you have on there currently with no problems, and the raw stuff..... it'll just save him time and you money NOT having to remove a previous finish. And sorry I'm gonna try and tone down my *******ness, these meds really have me acting out!

gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #842
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
And sorry I'm gonna try and tone down my *******ness, these meds really have me acting out!
I will have none of this.
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #843
olysteve
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I love the fact that his posts are now deleted, reason,, butthurt.
The main build threads that I follow seem to wander greatly around their stated topics. I like that.
olysteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #844
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by olysteve View Post
I love the fact that his posts are now deleted, reason,, butthurt.
The main build threads that I follow seem to wander greatly around their stated topics. I like that.
Yeah, I thought that was rather amusing myself. If everyone had a bare-bones build thread, this site would be significantly more repetitive and boring. I know I have learned a hell of a lot more just browsing through the repartee around here than studying my Jeep manual.

Question for the gentlemen reading today: Do you get the Jeep wave from other chicks? I seldom get another girl to wave back at me- I was wondering if it is a jealous b**** kind of thing or a they really have no idea what they are doing kind of thing.

Unread 03-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #845
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Question for the gentlemen reading today: Do you get the Jeep wave from other chicks? I seldom get another girl to wave back at me- I was wondering if it is a jealous b**** kind of thing or a they really have no idea what they are doing kind of thing.
I think most chick jeepers happen to be soccer lockers... And that meaning they're completely oblivious to everything around them.
Unread 03-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #846
Platypus
Built In The Rain

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I hardly ever get a return wave from female Jeep drivers. But I have come to the conclusion that it is because they are oblivious to the tradition/cult aspect of the vehicle.

Sent for me by R2-D2
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #847
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
I think most chick jeepers happen to be soccer lockers... And that meaning they're completely oblivious to everything around them.
I see a handful of chicks riding around in CJs or TJs. Out of the say... 6 other chicks I have seen in modded jeeps in the past 6 months or so- I have gotten one wave. This bothers me.

Unread 03-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #848
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

When I was selling my first TJ, this one woman came to look at it and had no idea what anything on the Jeep was. She just liked the look of it.
Unread 03-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #849
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
I hardly ever get a return wave from female Jeep drivers. But I have come to the conclusion that it is because they are oblivious to the tradition/cult aspect of the vehicle.

Sent for me by R2-D2
This is unfortunate. I am going to go ahead and apologize for the ways of my gender.

I will admit- I tend not to wave to stock JKs. There are far too many of them and it takes the special away.

However, I will always wave and make eye contact with the majority of Jeep owners I pass. If its an attractive guy in a Jeep that looks like it has more balls than mine- there is usually bit of eye f***ing going on too if you want the whole truth.

Unread 03-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #850
Sundowner
Scourge of Monkeys

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't noticed a lack of waving from either gender, one more than the other. Here, the non-wavers are driving JKU's, usually with a slew of bolt-on's. Soccer Locker Girls usually wave, even though they think transfer cases have something to do with inheritance law.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #851
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
I haven't noticed a lack of waving from either gender, one more than the other. Here, the non-wavers are driving JKU's, usually with a slew of bolt-on's. Soccer Locker Girls usually wave, even though they think transfer cases have something to do with inheritance law.
I think the root cause of this difference is our locations. New England is a generally mind-your-own-business and dont-talk-to-strangers kind of place. I know I go down south and can strike up a random conversation with someone and they will talk back. Or simply wave and get a wave back. Up here if you wave at someone they look at you like either an alien or a mugger. It's really unfortunate.

Since you don't notice a difference with either gender- I am going to go with the jealous b**** motive.

Unread 03-04-2013, 03:12 PM   #852
janesy86
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Haha, I tend to get waved at by most TJ's and a handful of JK's. But the ones that don't wave are usually older women, Soccer Lockers, etc.

But when my wife drives my Jeep, she waves, but hardly gets any in return... In that case might be a jealousy issue?

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #853
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I think the root cause of this difference is our locations. New England is a generally mind-your-own-business and dont-talk-to-strangers kind of place.
Part of what I like about being up here
Unread 03-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #854
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
Haha, I tend to get waved at by most TJ's and a handful of JK's. But the ones that don't wave are usually older women, Soccer Lockers, etc.

But when my wife drives my Jeep, she waves, but hardly gets any in return... In that case might be a jealousy issue?
Hypothesis confirmed. Men, keep waving, women- keep having a stick up your ***. Ill still wave if I like your jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post

Part of what I like about being up here
You know, I dont think I could deal with it all the time- but I do enjoy the southern hospitality when im down there. Though, I can never tell if a guy is hitting on me, or just being genuinely nice.

Unread 03-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #855
Sundowner
Scourge of Monkeys

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You know, I dont think I could deal with it all the time- but I do enjoy the southern hospitality when im down there. Though, I can never tell if a guy is hitting on me, or just being genuinely nice.
They're probably hitting on you.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2005 , currie , rubicon , sahara , unlimited

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.