Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process" - Page 56 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process"

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 03-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #826
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Tat pictures, Tat pictures, Tat pictures!!!!!!

Unread 03-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #827
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Mine are always very tasteful, and highly meaningful to my life. I have planned them for certain milestones for years.

So, no offense friend. But its my life and I will do what I want. If that makes me less attractive to some, then they cant handle my personality.
Perfect! I love Tattoos, with meaning.

You got tracking info. on your junk yet???? I'm excited!
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #828
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuder View Post
Tat pictures, Tat pictures, Tat pictures!!!!!!
Ok- so the one on my arm is the same feathers my grandfather had I drew from memory, colored in and added my last name to the weekend after he passed away. By the way any slightly older gentlemen- that is my mother with me on the beach and she is absolutely single.

The one on my leg is the one I got on my 21st birthday, then saw the originating band that night. Meanwhile, Liz got that tattoo on her foot. Bonus points for anyone who knows where they are from.

Then the one on my back is from the same origin as my bumper stickers. Those piercings rejected after about 2 years and I miss them to this day.

Andd..... umm some pictures of Alice to keep it Jeep-related.
2013-02-07_14.45.59.jpg   img_1991.jpeg   img_20111230_155400.jpg   img_20110617_211340.jpg   img_20130218_201956.jpg  

img_20121223_120633.jpg  
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #829
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Those are all very cool!
Unread 03-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #830
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442Wrangler View Post

Sure, there used to be a guy on here who had a build thread that really should have constituted all of about 20 pages and been done but the conversations/non-build talk took it into the 200 range, he deleted it, started again and the same thing happened.

I'm just saying this thread reminds me of his. Funny comments, sometimes a build post, etc.
I certainly did not ask you to read it, did I? I wasnt planning on this happening. I wanted to start a thread to document what I have done because I knew that I would be quickly enamored with the Jeep and get carried away.

Now, I started off just asking questions and I have found this group of gentlemen entirely helpful and very pleasant to talk to. They seem to enjoy my banter as well.

While the thread may be long, I don't really give a **** what you think, because I enjoy it. So either deal with it and just follow the synopsis on the front page to keep track of the fair amount of quality parts that I have put into this beautiful piece of machinery, and will continue to put into it in a very short period of time- or take your rude and tiresome youtube videos and leave my thread please.

Unread 03-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #831
G Beasley
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Do not make the Kate angry , you will not like her when she is angry .

Kate it is your thread , do with it as you please . Mine is entirely off topic talking about the Moab trip , such is life .
Unread 03-03-2013, 10:26 PM   #832
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Do not make the Kate angry , you will not like her when she is angry .

Kate it is your thread , do with it as you please . Mine is entirely off topic talking about the Moab trip , such is life .
It takes a lot to get me angry. I have gotten significantly more level-headed than my teenage years.

Thanks Beasley. Either way, I certainly wont be listening to a guy telling me my thread is too cluttered who has started 148 threads.

So, still off-topic but I realized in the picture I posted you couldnt actually see the piercings I referred to. So, here!

On a Jeep related note, I have been debating if I should stick with the hammered black for the sliders ans rear bumper and keep the flares stock, or if I should change everything to straight up black to match my future tops.

forumrunner_20130303_231352.jpg

Unread 03-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #833
Sundowner
Scourge of Monkeys

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Sustained.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 05:28 AM   #834
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Morning everyone! Happy Monday. By the way- the one night that I have to get up at 4:30, but can't actually sleep you guys haven't run amok with my thread. Who was in charge of this?! Surely you guys weren't scared off by Mr.Wrangler.

Well, in Jeep news I officially have tracking info on the goodies- haven't been shipped yet though. I still have to call Zach on my lunch break because I was a ******* and got the re-usable diff gasket, but completely forgot to also the rocker guard gaskets.

Unread 03-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #835
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Morning everyone! Happy Monday. By the way- the one night that I have to get up at 4:30, but can't actually sleep you guys haven't run amok with my thread. Who was in charge of this?! Surely you guys weren't scared off by Mr.Wrangler.

Well, in Jeep news I officially have tracking info on the goodies- haven't been shipped yet though. I still have to call Zach on my lunch break because I was a ******* and got the re-usable diff gasket, but completely forgot to also the rocker guard gaskets.
I called and ordered my rockers on wednesday. Shipped and payed for at 3:09 Friday night, arrived at my doorstep at 2:06 Saturday. Less then 24 hours!
Unread 03-04-2013, 07:18 AM   #836
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post

I called and ordered my rockers on wednesday. Shipped and payed for at 3:09 Friday night, arrived at my doorstep at 2:06 Saturday. Less then 24 hours!
Thats insane. I will still have to wait for the gaskets, but I can at least get them painted.

Are they beautiful? Do you love them?

Edit: I ordered mine friday too and just haven't been home. Perhaps I, too, will have a surprise when I go home for lunch!!!

Unread 03-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #837
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Lol, I took two of my new headache meds just before reading your verbal *** kicking, thought to myself, "gotta remember not actually to piss her off", then QUICKLY became incoherent and can remember nothing after that. Ouch on the piercing, cool on the tracking, and nice one dip**** on the rocker guard gaskets, that's gonna prevent install by a couple days possibly!!!
Unread 03-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #838
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Lol, I took two of my new headache meds just before reading your verbal *** kicking, thought to myself, "gotta remember not actually to piss her off", then QUICKLY became incoherent and can remember nothing after that. Ouch on the piercing, cool on the tracking, and nice one dip**** on the rocker guard gaskets, that's gonna prevent install by a couple days possibly!!!
I tried to be nice and as tactful as possible. There is no need for me to get uppity because some tool on the internet doesn't like my personality. I am not here to offend or yell at anyone. However, I do have a temper when something really bothers me. I have been working on it though. No need for such stress - even though I am genetically predisposed for it. I see no reason why we can't all play nice.

First of all, I am really sorry about how incredibly large Liz's foot is. I just noticed it, I have no idea how to change it and it really bothers me. Second, I definitely miss those piercings- although I can say that getting them done DOES in fact hurt worse than getting your entire nail ripped out with pliers. I actually went into shock for a few minutes after that one- my piercer really had to force them in and it took her a while since my skin is apparently very tough, its definitely a lot of stress on the body. I would love to get them again- they were very unique and fun. However, I have come to find out that my body is really good at rejecting things it doesn't like. For example, implants that should need to be surgically removed or red tattoo ink.

I know, complete dip**** moment. I am also very happy that you feel comfortable enough to call me dip****. This is what I like to see around here. However, I still need to find a place to get my bumper re-finished and the guards, diff covers and rear bumper finished all in straight up black. (BTW, the tattoo on my neck isn't a drunken rendition of the Black Flags- its Three Shades of Black. Now you know). So unfortunately, waiting for the gasket wouldn't have even been the bottleneck in this process.

However, Zach over at A to z Fab is just delightful and when I called him this morning he told me that he had already taken the liberty of adding the gaskets to the order and everything but the diff covers will make it out the door today. YAY!

Unread 03-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #839
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Honestly in my area where weather is good, and mild, and finishes aren't put to the test like they are wherever it is you people come from..... I would powder coat everything black first. Touch up from there, at least you'll have this thick durable base. Then in the future just touch up with spray paint if needed. With your good looks and charm, well.... good looks at least, you can probably get yourself a good deal on the powder coat since most shops powder a MASSIVE amount of commercial stuff black and can add you in easily. Something to look into at least.
Unread 03-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #840
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Honestly in my area where weather is good, and mild, and finishes aren't put to the test like they are wherever it is you people come from..... I would powder coat everything black first. Touch up from there, at least you'll have this thick durable base. Then in the future just touch up with spray paint if needed. With your good looks and charm, well.... good looks at least, you can probably get yourself a good deal on the powder coat since most shops powder a MASSIVE amount of commercial stuff black and can add you in easily. Something to look into at least.
Its a delightful place where its too damn hot in the summer and too damn cold in the winter, yet we still drink iced coffee year-round. It was still below freezing today, but I had the worst itch to take the top down. Might have if I knew I was able to get it back on.

Is it more difficult to powdercoat after, say a rustoleum paint job? Im debating between rattlecan and powdercoat. Im leaning towards powdercoating actually. Ill get some quotes from local shops later.

And thank you very much for that delightful, slightly backhanded compliment. I can clean up well if I want to.

Think I got about 2 dozen double takes at the work christmas party. I went from steel-toed boots, dudes slacks and polo and stupid cheap safety goggles to stilettos, that previously-mentioned minidress and my hair down.

Tags
2005 , currie , rubicon , sahara , unlimited

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.