Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process" - Page 45 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process"

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-26-2013, 01:54 AM   #661
mgclark6

Between this page and Beasly's I don't have time to check FB anymore. I'm with ya though Beasley, I can't remember what it like to be too young to rent a car.

New parts should arrive soon, I might have to start my own build page? Ill post pics here too. First winch! I'm excited!

mgclark6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 05:53 AM   #662
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post

Seat covers ...

Need a better picture to decide .
So, I woke up SUPER late 60 miles away from work... my day was off to a rough start. Knew I was going to get caught in Hartford rush hour traffic... but this and Danzig on the radio made my day. Beasley, you are perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgclark6 View Post
Between this page and Beasly's I don't have time to check FB anymore. I'm with ya though Beasley, I can't remember what it like to be too young to rent a car.

New parts should arrive soon, I might have to start my own build page? Ill post pics here too. First winch! I'm excited!
I have also pretty much stopped using facebook. I don't want to swamp my friends with Jeep stuff and that is pretty much all that is new...

Start a build thread. Do it.

Edit: post #666 FTW
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 06:08 AM   #663
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Oh yay! I got an email for the car sticker company that I used for the Hank III stickers saying if I provided a testimonial I would get a free sticker.

I have actually been debating having my roommate design me my own pinup for Alice... take a que from Sundowner.

This requires thought.

Unread 02-26-2013, 06:57 AM   #664
The_Eng
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
I know. Its my piece of **** phone. Ive had it for 3 years. It shuts off randomly and doesnt send or receive picture messages anymore. I keep going to start a new contract and get a phone that actually works but then I think... But jeepparts money. Ill fix it, I swear.
check Best Buy depending on your carrier. I've gotten several phones from them and any kind of rebate they do in store. I wanted the Galazy s3 really bad but ended up with the S2 because free.
The_Eng is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #665
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Eng View Post
check Best Buy depending on your carrier. I've gotten several phones from them and any kind of rebate they do in store. I wanted the Galazy s3 really bad but ended up with the S2 because free.
Oh, I am switching carries altogether. I have had T-mobile since 2003 and I am sick of their horse****!

I don't know if I have mentioned, but storm chasing is a huge hobby of mine in the summer- and that can get dangerous... or even worse, unexciting since I don't have service in nearly all of Berkshire county.

My options are either verizon... or maybe verizon if I want full service wherever I go around here. I'm just having SUCH a hard time to pay $130 a month for options I have had since 2009 for $50 a month (4G, wireless hotspot, ect).

Unread 02-26-2013, 08:04 AM   #666
The_Eng
2002 WJ 

if you stick with an android phone look into an app called FoxFi. Lets you use your wireless hotspot for free.
Unread 02-26-2013, 08:24 AM   #667
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
if you stick with an android phone look into an app called FoxFi. Lets you use your wireless hotspot for free.
Definitely plan to. I detest Apple products- and I have heard the new windows operating system for mobile devices sucks.... and I have had little problems with the Android system before it was 2/3 years old. Thanks for the tip!

Unread 02-26-2013, 08:40 AM   #668
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgclark6 View Post
might have to start my own build page?
Quote:
Start a build thread. Do it.
Be forewarned...you may end up spending a LOT of time on it.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #669
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
Be forewarned...you may end up spending a LOT of time on it.
Its actually very shocking

Unread 02-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #670
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Ok, so looking at the seat covers in the light - Do not want.

I will try to take a few actual representative pictures when I get out of work- or when I just take a break at 4 and continue working longer than I should. The color is just wrong. My fashion major roommate agrees- they are most certainly not tan.

On a weird plus/drawback - these seats seem to grab onto my hair just as bad as my awful work shirts. Its not that they are no-slip, its actually much easier to slide out of the jeep now... its probably that they are negatively charged like most polymer-based fabrics. On the upside- they are super easy to wipe down.

Side note: That feeling when you drive the extra couple miles on your way back from your lunch break to hit that hill in the road just a little faster than you should to get the feeling of diminished gravity- but then get cut off the last second by a jerk weasel in a civic.... that is what I have now.

Edit: Jerk Weasel (n) - Any type of individual where you would be able to find one or more of the following on their dating profile sight: Jersey shore hair style, more jewelery than I would ever think about wearing, a straight brimmed hat upturned with a stupid gold sticker on it, popped collar on an American Eagle polo, obligatory 'Gangstah' shot showing off the measly wad of cash they make in a month.

I really wish I could list the synonyms here- but they would either be a mess of stars or I would get banned.

Unread 02-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #671
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
...their dating profile sight...
You could have stopped here and pretty much summed it up.

Unread 02-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #672
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
You could have stopped here and pretty much summed it up.
True... substitute in facebook profile. Same result, broader pool of jerk weasels.

Unread 02-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #673
The_Eng
2002 WJ 

Quote:
True... substitute in facebook profile. Same result, broader pool of jerk weasels.
I like jerk weasel. It rolls off the tongue easily. My current favorite though is d ouchecanoe. Just try saying it a few times.

Last edited by The_Eng; 02-26-2013 at 01:03 PM.. Reason: had to add space for language
Unread 02-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #674
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I like jerk weasel. It rolls off the tongue easily. My current favorite though is d ouchecanoe. Just try saying it a few times.
YES! Thats one of my favorites! frequently flies out of my mouth. d*** wizard is also a top seller.

Unread 02-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #675
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Best I've done recently was to tell someone that they'd transcended the bag and become the rinse itself.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.