Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process" - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process"

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 11-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #46
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I will be doing it myself with the advice of a few buddies that have done it a few times themselves. And after religiously re-reading all the instruction manuals and watching YouTube videos. I think I'm in pretty good shape.

KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #47
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Love the LJ , but I am partial to the unlimiteds . You have picked out some nice parts , I think your going to be very happy with your Jeep once its lifted . I have my antirock on the second hole and I dont
really notice it there . Have fun in the snow !
Unread 11-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #48
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well, after about 10 hours my front suspension is done. Antirock installed. Its been a long day full of improvisation and shennanigans. Time for bed, rear gets done tomorrow. Oh, also... I forgot shocks. I was originally going to order a kit that came with them, but forgot to order them when I changed my mind. Still rides shockingly (hah) well without them though. Pictures will follow.
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
Unread 11-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #49
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Oh... I of course ordered shocks. They will be in monday.
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
Unread 11-10-2012, 11:52 PM   #50
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Oh... I of course ordered shocks. They will be in monday.
Which brand did you order?
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #51
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
Which brand did you order?
I went with the Bilsteins on a recommendation from the guy who was helping me out. Also- the lift is entirely complete now. (Minus shocks of course) but I absolutely love it. Looks fantastic. Ill post pics up soon.
Unread 11-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #52
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

What a lovely fall weekend it was in New England! The perfect one to spend under a jeep! So- as I promised, here are some pictures of the process. Unfortunately I'm not in any of them ( I know... whats better than eye candy with greasy hands under a half torn apart jeep). Me and my buddy banged this out in about 18 hours this weekend. It took a lot longer than expected, some bolts needed to be cut off and a lot of holes needed to be drilled (which takes a while when you have drill bits that need sharpening every .48 seconds). We had to run to the store a couple times because curry missed a few pieces of hardware. After it was all said and done, we had a fun time doing it. I learned a good deal more about jeeps and I can day I did it myself which was worth way more than the money in labor I saved.
img_20121110_123521.jpg   img_20121111_144539.jpg   img_20121110_122339.jpg   img_20121110_122431.jpg   img_20121110_123533.jpg  

img_20121111_105425.jpg   img_20121111_110528.jpg  
Unread 11-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #53
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

As I mentioned before- my shocks won't come in until Wednesday. Although in the picture above where it looks like the best Christmas morning ever you might notice a pair of shocks. We found in his garage an old pair of ranchos that we could have made work temporarily. However, as long as I take it easy it doesn't ride too bad without them at all, and it would have been more trouble than it was worth to fabricate some brackets to make those work. So im just taking it easy and driving very minimally until I get my Bilsteins in. Here are a few pictures of how it stands now- and Thursday ill take some more action shots and see how it flexes with the antirock and Ill post those as well. Overall I am so happy with my choice of kit and my call to do it myself. I absolutely love the way it sits now. Next month its onto front and rear bumpers, rock sliders and a winch!
1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  
Unread 11-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #54
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Looking very good!
Unread 11-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #55
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

All I need to do to mine is replace the soft top but, even with my discount from Quadratec its 700 bucks. With all going on I might just push it more it stays in the garage 90% of the time anyways.
Unread 11-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #56
Bluesdude
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks awesome! got to love a khaki Jeep Rubi with a lift! here's my 2004 TJ with a RE 3.5" lift and Bilstein 5100's and BFG KM2 33" tire on stock rubi rims

jeep.jpg  
Bluesdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2012, 07:40 AM   #57
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah, my soft top is on its way out. Once I get all the real things I need for winter, Ill be able to get a hard top. I am throwing around the idea of not even bothering with one since I can keep it in the garage overnight... but the wild boar fastback tops just look so damn good on the LJs.
Unread 11-14-2012, 08:52 AM   #58
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Yea I thought about the fast back one for mine but, I am still on the fence on the idea part of me says go with it and the other says get the regular Best top sailcloth. I might wait till late winter or spring usually thats when they run the best deals.
Unread 11-14-2012, 08:54 AM   #59
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

If you go a hardtop try to buy from a person instead. I made the mistake of trying one from the dealer and one of the windows leaked on me. They gave me another one and the back window leaked so I was able to talk to the service manager and he was cool enough just to send both tops back and give me my money instead. Problem with the people selling them though is they want the same price as a new one.
Unread 11-14-2012, 08:57 AM   #60
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

I do love the khaki color you have though it looks great. I'm sure you know this but, I wanted sell it for a 4dr or newer Jeep because you won't be happy. To me all around the LJ is the best platform Jeep has had to date. Its roomier than the smaller two doors and you don't have near the problems the JK has. Plus don't have to deal with all the electronics either.

Tags
2005 , currie , rubicon , sahara , unlimited

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.