Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process" - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process"

Metalcloak's Black Friday & Small Business Saturday SaNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #31
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjeep05 View Post
I like your Jeep by the way looks good. Once you lift and all it will even look better. Here is mine with the 2.5 short arm not crazy lift but, just enough to run bigger meats and do it without cutting fenders and all.
Hello there! "six in a row makes it go" - whats that? That is my new policy that I have implemented at work. 6 scale-up batches that pass before commercialization. Either way... your jeep looks pretty sweet- although, its a bit clean. I think you need to find some mud.

I actually just took the jeep for its first bath after a weekend of wheeling in 4 different places in mass/ct. I couldnt see out of any of my windows and I think i had a field growing on my bumper. It took me $8.00 at the self wash station just to get all the mud power washed off. I called i a day at that... its still pretty dirty by most car standards... but Its a little more professional at work at least.

KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #32
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

inline six engine lol. Thats what the six in a row means all six pistons in a row. Thanks. Yea she see's a little dust every now and then.
Unread 10-26-2012, 06:21 AM   #33
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
inline six engine lol. Thats what the six in a row means all six pistons in a row. Thanks. Yea she see's a little dust every now and then.
Well now- I probably should have put that together pretty easily seeing as I have one. Clearly I relate my life far too much to my work.
Unread 10-26-2012, 12:31 PM   #34
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

No biggie. I think as time goes on you will begin to like your Jeep even more. I have pretty much done everything to mine except the gears. I had Jeep Master's in Austin do it just because it wasn't much more and the guy that did them has been doing it for 20 plus years. I didn't want something to be off and have to do it a second time. I like the new Jeeps and its hard not to get the new Jeep fever but, once I think about it I like mine more every time just because there's no note and I really don't have much more I need to do to it. All I need to do is order me a new soft top because my back window has a crack from last winter. I put some clear tape and you can't even see it plus its only a small crack like three inches or so. Well enjoy your Jeep. If there's anything I can tell you is not to rush anything. I bought mine from my dad in 07 and here it is almost 2013 and just now finishing up on mine. I got a little each time when I could afford it. Happy trails.
Unread 10-26-2012, 12:56 PM   #35
skyefalcon6

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I like your Jeep by the way looks good. Once you lift and all it will even look better. Here is mine with the 2.5 short arm not crazy lift but, just enough to run bigger meats and do it without cutting fenders and all.
I'm not a huge fan of black paint color but have to admit yours is gorgeous. Nice rig!
skyefalcon6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #36
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyefalcon6 View Post
I'm not a huge fan of black paint color but have to admit yours is gorgeous. Nice rig!
Thanks man I appreciate it. My last two Jeep were light colors and super easy to clean and keep clean even when it would rain alot. With this one its a little harder but, once you get it down its not to bad.
Unread 11-01-2012, 07:57 AM   #37
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

So- good news is everyone I know in NYC, Jersey and DC are fine. Maybe without power, transportation or a house... but that can all be fixed. Bad news is the storm delayed my suspension kit delivery and now it wont get here in time for me to put it on before the next trail run I was supposed to go on.
Unread 11-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #38
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

So- not only will this be the first winter I have spent in new england in 4 years... its the first time it has snowed with the jeep! YAY! Makes me want to do stupid things in the parking lot after everyone leaves the office since I wont be able to do them with the lift in it after this weekend.
snow.jpg  
Unread 11-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #39
TroubleNEO
2006 LJ Wrangler 

You can still doing things lift with a lift, just need to be a little more careful.

Ask me how I know...
Unread 11-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #40
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroubleNEO View Post
You can still doing things lift with a lift, just need to be a little more careful.

Ask me how I know...
Those things probably do not include drifting around the parking lot. Especially since I went with the antirock sway bar. Thats a bit too much of a gamble for me. Soon though... ill get a toy that I dont care as much about.
Unread 11-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #41
TroubleNEO
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Apparently I can't type anymore, "stupid things".

Anyways, hell, I still spin tires around parking lots with my lift. As long as you're not going hillbilly mud truck high on the lift you would be surprised how stable an LJ is, even though it might not feel like it with the antirock. I have an antirock on the softest setting and while there is a huge amount of body roll it still stays planted fairly well. I drive the thing like I stole it around corners when it's dry outside.

When playing in the snow just don't get it too sideways and you're golden. Last year on the way out to go wheeling I was going down an empty country road with coffee in one hand. There was a tiny dusting of powder, and I mean tiny, on the road, but there must have been ice under it. It wasn't even a concern and I didn't think twice about driving in 2wd that day.

I goosed the throttle a little and immediately went sideways at probably 40+ mph. I wrestled with it for a good ways trying to get traction back kicking the rear end out left and right a good four or five times before I found the cup holder and managed to grab 4hi.

I think you'll be fine in a parking lot. Don't left a lift stop you, enjoy that thing.
Unread 11-07-2012, 01:45 PM   #42
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroubleNEO View Post
Apparently I can't type anymore, "stupid things".

Anyways, hell, I still spin tires around parking lots with my lift. As long as you're not going hillbilly mud truck high on the lift you would be surprised how stable an LJ is, even though it might not feel like it with the antirock. I have an antirock on the softest setting and while there is a huge amount of body roll it still stays planted fairly well. I drive the thing like I stole it around corners when it's dry outside.

When playing in the snow just don't get it too sideways and you're golden. Last year on the way out to go wheeling I was going down an empty country road with coffee in one hand. There was a tiny dusting of powder, and I mean tiny, on the road, but there must have been ice under it. It wasn't even a concern and I didn't think twice about driving in 2wd that day.

I goosed the throttle a little and immediately went sideways at probably 40+ mph. I wrestled with it for a good ways trying to get traction back kicking the rear end out left and right a good four or five times before I found the cup holder and managed to grab 4hi.

I think you'll be fine in a parking lot. Don't left a lift stop you, enjoy that thing.
"Until you found the cupholder" I love it. This is probably the most exciting and simultaneously worst news for me to hear. Im just going 4" so it stays entirely road legal. That was my main concern... i do tend to get the urge to drive it like I stole it sometimes (come on now though, everyone with a stick shift MUST get the urge to rip though gears sometimes). I was afraid with the lift and antirock I would have to take every corner at -2.5 mph. Still worth it though. Definitely exciting to hear. Stay classy friend.
Unread 11-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #43
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

the antirock will keep you stable no reason to be scared of flipping over just taking turns on the road unless your driving like an idiot.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/jf-trip-2-0-a-2608114/"][SIZE="3"][B]
2015 Colorado Trip[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2012, 02:19 PM   #44
TroubleNEO
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I wish had been in the passenger seat and gotten to watch myself during that whole thing. The string of expletives leaving my mouth as I blindly stabbed my mug in the general direction of the cup holders would have given a nun a heart attack. There should be an achievement for being able to punch your trans into third gear with a coffee mug.

Iím sure my tires were a huge contributing factor, KM2ís are just terrible on ice and light snow. Deep snow? No problem. I was ripping down the freeway last winter comfortably at 70mph during the biggest storm of the season with a couple inches of fresh snow.

I have a 4Ē lift and 1Ē body lift for the tummy tuck and I rip gears constantly, but my six speed is just that smooth without the clutch fortunately. Itíll just take some getting used to after the lift and relearning the Jeep. Most of my friends that have driven my Jeep are terrified because it just wallows around corners like a fat pig. My friend compared it to one of those little playground horses on the big spring that you ride.

But it only feels that way, and is actually far more stable than it feels. Iím interested to see what kind of torque steer you have in 4hi on the street at about 30-40mph. I noticed a while ago that I have horrendous torque steer in 4hi that was never there before the antirock when getting on the throttle in 4hi. On the gas hard wants to send you into the left lane, and off back over to the right due the steering compensation needed to keep it straight.
Unread 11-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #45
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Will you be installing the lift yourself or having a shop?
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2005 , currie , rubicon , sahara , unlimited

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.