Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process" - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process"

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 01-29-2013, 02:04 PM   #241
Nabrasawd
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well, I enjoyed reading your build thread. You have done a great job with her so far. I'm planning to wait until March or April to put my lift on. I'll be at Mardi Gras for a week and it usually takes a couple weeks to recover from that each year. Btw, I like the name. I call mine the Warm Camel. Also, I think its pretty cool that mine was born right before yours!

2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara - #430
L______J
-OIIIIIIO-
[ ]-----[ ]
Nabrasawd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2013, 02:37 PM   #242
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabrasawd View Post
Well, I enjoyed reading your build thread. You have done a great job with her so far. I'm planning to wait until March or April to put my lift on. I'll be at Mardi Gras for a week and it usually takes a couple weeks to recover from that each year. Btw, I like the name. I call mine the Warm Camel. Also, I think its pretty cool that mine was born right before yours!
I think the lift did wonders for mine- LJs just look funny stock height. Have you done any other mods to it?

Also, Mardi Gras for a week sounds like my kind of vacation. Good luck with the hangover! I always thought I never got hangovers because I was Irish and Native American... turns out I was just too young for my body to give a **** so now I'm slightly more cautious. Slightly.
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #243
Nabrasawd
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I haven't done anything substantial. I added KC replacements for the fogs lights that were ripped off the bumper before I bought it. I added a bolt-on leaner grill guard to the factory bumper, similar look as yours. It came with black nerf bars and black neoprene seat covers (win). Only big thing was tires. I picked up a used set of 265/75/16 BFG Muds from a local guy for $400. Great deal at the time bc I had horrible death wobble from some crap that the guy before had on there. I didn't want to change much until I did the lift. I'm planning the 3" Savvy/Currie, Rancho 9000s, and a TW CV Drive Shaft. I'm planning to keep the tires and wheels for now, but I'd like to go to a 33" on 15s.
L______J
-OIIIIIIO-
[ ]-----[ ]
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #244
Nabrasawd
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I was thinking today that since I was getting closer to my build I should probably go ahead start a thread, give some background, and get some feedback before starting.
L______J
-OIIIIIIO-
[ ]-----[ ]
Unread 01-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #245
tsstoudt
Web Crawler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Enjoying your build, keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Unread 01-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #246
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I was thinking today that since I was getting closer to my build I should probably go ahead start a thread, give some background, and get some feedback before starting.
Definitely should. Ill figure its a good way to keep track of mods I cant remember. Also, I really appreciate the feedback.

Unread 01-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #247
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsstoudt View Post
Enjoying your build, keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Thank you very much! I am really happy about all of this positive feedback.

Unread 01-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #248
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Yea I replaced my soft top today it was warm enough in the morning to do it. Once afternoon hit we went from 75 down to 48 right now. I forgot how hard a new top can be when it first has to form to the Jeep. Well take care of Alice watch those idoits on the road who drive sports cars and feel they are invisible lol.
Unread 01-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #249
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjeep05 View Post
Yea I replaced my soft top today it was warm enough in the morning to do it. Once afternoon hit we went from 75 down to 48 right now. I forgot how hard a new top can be when it first has to form to the Jeep. Well take care of Alice watch those idoits on the road who drive sports cars and feel they are invisible lol.
That sounds fantastic. I cant wait to get my new soft top. Which one did you go with?

Also thank you very much. Roads were borderline ice coming home from western mass tonight. Luckily I was pretty much the only one on the roads and I was in no rush. On a side note I used to smoke 4 cigarettes on that drive, im on my 5th day of chantix today and I only had one. I just took it slow and cranked some good music and just got home safe.

Unread 01-30-2013, 02:25 AM   #250
tsstoudt
Web Crawler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

You can do it, first of all you have to want to quit, secondly you have to continue to push yourself to avoid them and not let yourself down by having a smoke.."I made it this far, I don't want to ruin it". Also, for what smokes cost now look at your new found Jeep fund. I quit in 1995 and haven't looked back since. Good luck!
Unread 01-30-2013, 07:47 AM   #251
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsstoudt View Post
You can do it, first of all you have to want to quit, secondly you have to continue to push yourself to avoid them and not let yourself down by having a smoke.."I made it this far, I don't want to ruin it". Also, for what smokes cost now look at your new found Jeep fund. I quit in 1995 and haven't looked back since. Good luck!
Thanks for the encouragement. Ive quit a few times before. Paying $17 a pack on an independent students college budget is just impossible. Or a parent catching you when you are 16. Or a jealous boyfriend. Either way, this is the first time I want to do it for me, so its been a zillion times harder. Im actually a wierdo and find the first 3 days bearable. Its when the challenge of the physical addiction subsides is when I question my actual desire to quit. Either way, I will do it this time and I will start going to the gym - so look forward to some awesome smoke-free and healthy eye candy pics by the time warm weather rolls around.

Unread 01-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #252
The_Eng
2002 WJ 

Make sure the gym you go to has a sauna. Go sit in it for a 2 to 3 days in a row and that will help your body sweat out the nicotine. My wife quit cold turkey after 13 years of smoking. Just woke up one day and said "I'm done" and that was it. You can do it to, we believe in you. And if you are having a hard time, just think about how much more stuff you could buy for your Jeep with that $$
The_Eng is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #253
Nabrasawd
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Btw, I read that you put rain guards on the doors. I would advise you to keep an eye on the door metal because one of the previous owners put those on mine and after I bought the car I noticed rust underneath them. I had to remove the guards and sand down the rust off the entire outer window frame where the guards had been. I have primer on it now to keep it from rusting at the moment. I still have to buy the paint, sand and prime again, then paint and clearcoat. Huge PITA! I'm waiting for the warmer weather to finish the job.
L______J
-OIIIIIIO-
[ ]-----[ ]
Unread 01-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #254
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Eng View Post
Make sure the gym you go to has a sauna. Go sit in it for a 2 to 3 days in a row and that will help your body sweat out the nicotine. My wife quit cold turkey after 13 years of smoking. Just woke up one day and said "I'm done" and that was it. You can do it to, we believe in you. And if you are having a hard time, just think about how much more stuff you could buy for your Jeep with that $$
I plan to do exactly that actually. My first few quit days I plan to pool and sauna it up after work to keep busy. The worst part is my own stubbornness really. The money saved is no incentive for me- I worked my *** off since I was 15 to get where I am now and I like to spend my money on what I want to. I want to quit simply because its not good for you- my grandfather passed away almost a year ago from lung cancer and the tattoo on my arm reminds me of him everyday. Ive quit for about 4 or 5 days probably 5 times so far this year. This is the first time I have the personal determination instead of relying on outside motivation so I think I got this. Thank you guys so much for the support though!

Unread 01-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #255
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Btw, I read that you put rain guards on the doors. I would advise you to keep an eye on the door metal because one of the previous owners put those on mine and after I bought the car I noticed rust underneath them. I had to remove the guards and sand down the rust off the entire outer window frame where the guards had been. I have primer on it now to keep it from rusting at the moment. I still have to buy the paint, sand and prime again, then paint and clearcoat. Huge PITA! I'm waiting for the warmer weather to finish the job.
Seems like the pressure sensitive adhesive on them had an acid content greater than 5% in order to bite away at the paint. I am hoping that mine have a little less toxicity. Thanks for the heads up- at this point they are already on and they will probably stay on. The water falling directly on me with the slightest window crack was a little obnoxious. If the doors are damaged when they finally do come off, well then that's just another excuse to spend a weekend in the garage getting to know Alice a little better. Or buy cooler doors.

Tags
2005 , currie , rubicon , sahara , unlimited

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.