Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process" - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process"

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 01-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #226
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thats cool. When you decide to have them do it try to get the 5.25 speakers for the front instead of the 4x6's that are in there it makes a huge difference in soundstage.

Unread 01-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #227
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

I took all my decals off my Jeep except for replacing the silver Jeep decals with matte black ones. Can't wait for the new black soft top. That gray top is the one thing I really hate about my Jeep. How many miles do you have on your Jeep by the way?
16069268_large.jpg   16069269_large.jpg  
Unread 01-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #228
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I will definitely check that out, thanks for the tip. Also- holy hell that thing is sparkling clean and I really like the look without the decals actually.

I need a new soft-top as well. Aside from the tear and the PITA corroded zippers, the color is a hair off and doesn't look right. I am going to invest in a black frame-less top come spring, and the wildboar fastback hardtop come fall.

I got it with just under 80,000 miles- I have it up to 92 now I think. The bike come spring should reduce my miles on it. Ill even consider getting another beater car (or you know... maybe a new challenger or something ) when my payments on this are up. Then I can keep it a low mile weekend rig for hopefully many, many years to come.
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #229
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks it see's a litte dust every now and then lol. I have 96k on mine but last year only had 87k being my commute to work is shorter I don't put the miles like I use to still though thats really nothing for a 4.0L powertrain.
Unread 01-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #230
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjeep05 View Post
Thanks it see's a litte dust every now and then lol. I have 96k on mine but last year only had 87k being my commute to work is shorter I don't put the miles like I use to still though thats really nothing for a 4.0L powertrain.
Yeah, that's what took up most of my miles. For a few months there I was driving 160 miles a day to work and back. I have moved a lot closer to work, but my friends and family are still up in mass so it still sees a lot of miles on the weekend.

Unread 01-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #231
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

I hear ya there. Not sure if you will be doing your own fluid changes but, I would stay away from Pennzoil and Quaker State. On my Jeep I use the Valvoline 75w140 in my diffs,ATF 4 in my auto and t case,Zerex G05 coolant which is the same as the Mopar just not the same color all made by Valvoline. As far as engine oil goes I run the 10w-30 Valvoline Maxlife which produces stellar results in the 4.0L also it has seal conditioners that keep your seals more elastic longer so you will have less leaks down the road. If you have any questions though feel free to ask. For your 6sp I would use the 75w-90 to help with the shifting especially in the colder weather you have there. I once had a shop change the rear seal on my YJ which had the AX-5 standard tranny the retards put 85-140 gear oil in it and it shifted like crap until it really warmed up.
Unread 01-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #232
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks man- I just got my diff fluid changed while it was already in the shop. However, I certainly do plan to change my own fluids when its a touch warmer up here. I couldn't stand Texas heat for a day, but it would be nice to be able to work on the jeep year round. Stupid jet stream.

So in other news... I think my winch may be broke. It was left spooled out 10 feet from when my buddy took it off the trailer. The motor engages, but it wont reel back in. It spooled unevenly, and I am hoping that it just froze together overnight and not that its actually stuck and broken. I wont be able to really find out until Tuesday. Until then, I am rocking the unkempt look with the extra line wrapped around the grill guard.

Gave my Bilstein's a good first test last night. I shot down CT-8 south for the first time since its been upgraded. That stretch of 84 east right at the junction is atrocious if anyone else in the area can attest to that. The only highway I have ever seen worse in my history of traveling all over the country and overseas is I-278, the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway. I really have no reference point, but I think it handled pretty well for a front-heavy lifted LJ running at ruts and bumps every wheelbase distance at 55 MPH. Then, one of my roommates got a ride with me down the street for a meeting at work and said it was certainly the nicest ride he has ever had in a Jeep. I'm certainly happy with the quality parts I have put into it so far.

Happy Friday everyone!

Unread 01-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #233
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

I hear ya I think I-10 that goes thru Louisiana is horrible you have to ride in the left lane so you don't knock your front end out of alignment. 18 wheelers have given it hell for years still the state will not fix but, only patch and make worse. Thats Louisiana for you. Glad I don't live there no more.
Unread 01-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #234
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I got so excited when I saw this I simply could not contain myself. Not only did I engineer the sh*t out of that corn field- turning it into row after row of perfectly (kinda) aligned bad a** Jeeps....

BUT ALICE IS RIGHT IN THE FRONT! This was like 2 weeks after I got her, completely stock... but I am really excited about it.

edit: not on the rocks... I saw a Cherokee have to get lifted off them by an excavator. But bottom left of the background.
gajr.jpg  

Unread 01-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #235
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I went last year! Pretty cool, and hopefully will be there this year as well.

If you're interested in a snow run, check this out.

Email nea_snow_run13@comcast.net to sign up.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #236
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
I went last year! Pretty cool, and hopefully will be there this year as well.

If you're interested in a snow run, check this out.

Email nea_snow_run13@comcast.net to sign up.
Oh god why. Why didnt you put this here yesterday?!?!? I JUST booked my return ticket from florida for the 16th. If I had known about this, I would have made it the 15th. Well f***.

If you went last year 80% chance I told you where to park. Did you get to try the mud trench?

Unread 01-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #237
wiant
2008 JK Wrangler 

The build looks great...still planning to get that fastback hard top from Wild Boar?
Colorado Jeep Club Member #153
wiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 06:38 AM   #238
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiant View Post
The build looks great...still planning to get that fastback hard top from Wild Boar?
absolutely! I have just put it off until fall.

Unread 01-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #239
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Wicked slick snow out today. Ran home for my lunch break and it had just started. By the time I left home to get back to work the roads were a mess. I got on the highway surrounded by cars sliding all over the place going 5mph. Hit 4H and took off. However, I was even sliding in 4wd coming up the hill to work. Either way, its still awesome.

Going a little stir crazy without any money spend (other than the fuel pump) on Alice this month. I keep telling myself the family vacation is worth it.... but I cant wait to drop February's paycheck.

Unread 01-28-2013, 05:54 PM   #240
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Driving to get my friend at work today was nasty. By the time I got from winsted to windsor ct there was a half an inch of ice plated on the fenders and bumper. Not once did I feel unsafe. Only in a Jeep

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.