Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process" - Page 157 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process"

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 12-23-2013, 07:58 AM   #2341
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well, it looks like I am not the only one! That's good, at least I am not entirely crazy.

It does seem to be just poor design - however, with a damaged seatbelt an annoyance can easily change to a safety issue.

Ill take a peek at the whole seatbelt assembly. See what sort of ridiculous solution that I can come up with.

[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #2342
TrailJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Same here on the seat belts.both sides.seems to have started after they got wet I think? Maybe the retractor is sticky?
TrailJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #2343
dadkinsemt

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Solution for you, take the doors off. Ain't nobody got time for doors.

Solution 2. Put in new seats that can use 4 point harness, use harness from now on.

Hope that helps.

05 LJ rubicon
14 JKU, wife's
Mile Hi jeep club, Patrol 9

MY BUILD
dadkinsemt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #2344
91AzXJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

All right Kate, getting ready to make the Chocolate Cream Pumpkin pie tomorrow, any last minute tips or suggestions?
91AzXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #2345
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailJ View Post
Same here on the seat belts.both sides.seems to have started after they got wet I think? Maybe the retractor is sticky?
That could be... I never noticed the issue when she was new to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadkinsemt View Post
Solution for you, take the doors off. Ain't nobody got time for doors.

Solution 2. Put in new seats that can use 4 point harness, use harness from now on.

Hope that helps.
1) doors are off when its warm out. I love my jeep but frequent hour long trips on the highway are just unpleasant in new england winters.

2) oh yes. Sweet suspension seats are on the "do really want" list

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91AzXJ View Post
All right Kate, getting ready to make the Chocolate Cream Pumpkin pie tomorrow, any last minute tips or suggestions?
My goodness. I hope you enjoy. The only thing I suggest is pile on that fresh whipped cream. Like - twice the thickness of the pie. Everybody likes fresh whipped cream.

In other news - I caught the fine print on the new Cherokee commercial. Said *do not attempt to ford water unless you know it to be less than 20 inches*. I laughed. A lot.... quietly to myself.

Unread 12-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #2346
olysteve
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Bwahahaha!!!
One of the last runs I went on I had water over my front fenders. It made me a bit nervous about sucking in some water but I wasn't going but about 2 miles an hour.
olysteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #2347
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by olysteve View Post
Bwahahaha!!!
One of the last runs I went on I had water over my front fenders. It made me a bit nervous about sucking in some water but I wasn't going but about 2 miles an hour.
I had water over the hood twice this summer. Its terrifying - but the jeeps can certainly handle it if you time the bow wave right. Though... a snorkel is definitely on the "should probably, definitely get" list.

Someone's boyfriend got them a sweet set of PIAAs for Christmas!!!!! So freakin excited. Now the only question is where to mount sick fog lights.... the top of the grill hoop, sides of the bumper or up by the side mirrors....

Unread 12-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #2348
olysteve
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I've got my pia's up by the mirrors, for night running trails or mountain roads they work really good up there. Mine were just too bright to use as fog lights down at bumper level.
I'm still looking for some good fog cutters for on my bumper.
Unread 12-26-2013, 12:37 AM   #2349
91AzXJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

The pie was really good, I highly recommend it! Burrrrrrp, excuse me!
91AzXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2013, 05:31 AM   #2350
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I've got my pia's up by the mirrors, for night running trails or mountain roads they work really good up there. Mine were just too bright to use as fog lights down at bumper level.
I'm still looking for some good fog cutters for on my bumper.
What were they too bright for? Regular road use?

I certainly don't want to blind anyone - but most of the time I encounter low visibility it is on low traveled roads so I am not too concerned about that.

Ideally- the PIAAs are to cut fog and stormy conditions and I am also going to get a set of white lights to wire in as highbeams.

I guess I will just have to play musical chairs with them to see where they best fit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91AzXJ View Post
The pie was really good, I highly recommend it! Burrrrrrp, excuse me!
Yay!!! I made someone happy! Im glad you enjoyed - wicked easy right? Definitely a good way to impress the in-laws!

I hope everyone else had a wonderful holiday. Anyone else get some sweet jeep stuff from Santa?

Unread 12-26-2013, 06:04 AM   #2351
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

You want to mount fogs as low as possible
Unread 12-26-2013, 06:10 AM   #2352
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
You want to mount fogs as low as possible
Thats what I was originally thinking. Fogs on the sides of the Rokmen, brights on the top.

Unread 12-26-2013, 06:14 AM   #2353
olysteve
2005 TJ Wrangler 

My pia's are bright enough that the reflection from road signs is almost blinding lol. You definitely cannot use them around other drivers. I had them on the bumper on my cherokee and they worked ok for fog. I love them for driving in remote areas, I aim them for about 1/4 mile ahead of me. Best description is stupid bright.
Unread 12-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #2354
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My pia's are bright enough that the reflection from road signs is almost blinding lol. You definitely cannot use them around other drivers. I had them on the bumper on my cherokee and they worked ok for fog. I love them for driving in remote areas, I aim them for about 1/4 mile ahead of me. Best description is stupid bright.
Ok - so definitely mount them low as hell. This is good - I like my things to be stupid efficient.

I now just need to get some sweet switches to start a mission control panel on my dash. So excited.

Unread 12-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #2355
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Ok - I have spent my lunch break browsing and pondering and I have a dilema. What type of switch and where to hook up the lights and all other future accessories. Here are my current options:

A) Use the factory blanks. I dont think I will have a hardtop in the near future, so I can nix the rear wiper switch - leaving me with 3 factory blanks to work with. Pros: Minimal modification (read:frustration). Cons: Might not leave enough room for future upgrades

B) Buy a sweet expanded rocker switch panel. Pros: Will look nifty, and I can make the switches big, labeled and backlight. Cons: I would have to do away with the limited edition sticker. While I have done away with most of the Rubihara trademarks, I am not sure thats one I should mess with.

C) Use a heater vent panel. Pros: Also minimal modification, can use the two switch spot for fogs and highbeams; still keep factory blanks for future uses Cons: Not as awesome as other options.

D) Make custom toggle switches wherever the hell I want. Pros: Can fit many toggle switches in one spot. Can be put in blank spot, or really anywhere on the dash. (My boyfriend had to improvise an ignition relay on his work-in-progress and now there are toggle switches just below the odometer. Wont lie - looks pretty awesome). Cons: Harder to label and see in the dark.

E) Put a switch pod on the A pillar. Pros: Out of the way, minimal modification, still leaves plenty of space to use factory blanks if needed in the future. Cons: well... that is a place that tends to get pretty wet and muddy

I have lots of pondering to do...

Tags
2005 , currie , rubicon , sahara , unlimited

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.