Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process" - Page 152 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process"

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-30-2013, 01:54 AM   #2266
91AzXJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

????????????????????????????

91AzXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 05:38 AM   #2267
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91AzXJ View Post
????????????????????????????
Yep... not much going on in my world right now.

Replaced the exhaust on my beater car.

Got a calf tattoo while I did my first grad school final.

Got me some corrective eye surgery last week. No more contacts or glasses for me but that also means no working on the Jeep for a week or so. (Had to get PRK so my cornea were dissolved and scraped off - I need some cornea regeneration time before I go get rust particles in my eyes)

Not much is planned for the next few months. The grad school payments are really strapping me tight for cash. I don't want to go our wheeling when I have an unknown squealing sound so Alice hasn't and wont see much excitement for the next month or so.

Plans for the next month:
Finally get some silicone down on the sliders
Figure our the squeaking/squealing - repair
Check all fluids before winter / replace diff covers while I am at it.
I might invest in a couple little things like a steering box skid, I think I tapped it lightly last wheeling trip and I would like to avoid doing so again.

Thats about it folks. I dont see myself making any major mods for the winter season. Instead I will just save my money. Come spring and once I figure out how to jack the jeep and the engine up comes BL, MML, and flat skid plates.

Depending if I am a good girl and save enough... I have been strongly considering going with a wee bit of a higher lift. My 4" has sagged a bit under the weight (note: any picture where Andy's Jeep and mine are sitting together - his appears level if not a wee bit taller with only a 2"). I didnt want to initially go too high and make the Jeep unstable- but the extra wheelbase seems to do wonders and I have never felt unstable in this (except that one time I took a banked corner a wee bit of a hell of a lot too fast way back when). I also thought ahead and got adjustable control arms just to insure against my capriciousness. So - who knows, I might be running 35's on a 6" lift come spring. Only time will tell boys.

I hope everyone's ventures are going well!
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 05:43 AM   #2268
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Thats about it folks. I dont see myself making any major mods for the winter season. Instead I will just save my money. Come spring and once I figure out how to jack the jeep and the engine up comes BL, MML, and flat skid plates.
Still haven't done this?!
Unread 10-31-2013, 02:20 AM   #2269
91AzXJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Glad you're doing fine, just check in periodically so the thread gets bumped and doesnt go to page 50.
Unread 10-31-2013, 09:07 AM   #2270
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
Still haven't done this?!
Nope. Didnt want to buy the stuff until I knew I had a way to get everything safely jacked to do it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91AzXJ View Post
Glad you're doing fine, just check in periodically so the thread gets bumped and doesnt go to page 50.
Aww, you care! lol - Ill be sure to check in with my boring life a bit more frequently.

Unread 11-07-2013, 05:21 AM   #2271
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well, my good streak of Alice running fine has ended. Well - not quite.. shes still running fine but something is definitely wrong.

Drove 5 miles home from work yesterday at 40mph. Got home and she smelled like she was running hot. Coolant reservoir was wicked low after only filling it up maybe a month ago when I did the water pump.

Then.. I notice what I believe to be the CCV tube (front of the block to the air box) was completely off and there was a bunch of oil around the valve.

I am all gung-ho for doing the work myself... but my engine is definitely something that I dont want to mess around with. Ill do some research on the problem - but I might just end up taking her to the shop after work today.

Unread 11-07-2013, 06:11 AM   #2272
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well, my good streak of Alice running fine has ended. Well - not quite.. shes still running fine but something is definitely wrong.

Drove 5 miles home from work yesterday at 40mph. Got home and she smelled like she was running hot. Coolant reservoir was wicked low after only filling it up maybe a month ago when I did the water pump.

Then.. I notice what I believe to be the CCV tube (front of the block to the air box) was completely off and there was a bunch of oil around the valve.

I am all gung-ho for doing the work myself... but my engine is definitely something that I dont want to mess around with. Ill do some research on the problem - but I might just end up taking her to the shop after work today.
Think of it this way... if you screw something major up, you're closer to a hemi swap :-)
Unread 11-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #2273
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post

Think of it this way... if you screw something major up, you're closer to a hemi swap :-)
You have no idea how much I dream of a swap. But with jeep payments, monster college loan payments and medical bills.... and.... well a 9 year old jeep there is no savings for a swap.

Unread 11-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #2274
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You have no idea how much I dream of a swap. But with jeep payments, monster college loan payments and medical bills.... and.... well a 9 year old jeep there is no savings for a swap.
I've got a good idea of how you dream of it, thanks very much: about 64% as much as I do, by my best estimate. When you get around to it - and you will get around to it - you're far better off to get yourself an iron-blocked LS than a Hemi.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 05:38 AM   #2275
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post

I've got a good idea of how you dream of it, thanks very much: about 64% as much as I do, by my best estimate. When you get around to it - and you will get around to it - you're far better off to get yourself an iron-blocked LS than a Hemi.
Yep.... don't think I would go the hemi route. I don't know much about engines at this current juncture in time. I have however driven a pickup with a hemi. Very smooth, but doesn't quite have the brute balls I would want when I do get to that point.

Unread 11-10-2013, 07:06 AM   #2276
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yep.... don't think I would go the hemi route. I don't know much about engines at this current juncture in time. I have however driven a pickup with a hemi. Very smooth, but doesn't quite have the brute balls I would want when I do get to that point.
Well, that pickup was probably about 900 pounds heavier than your LJ, so keep that in mind. If you want brute power, though, I suggest that you build up a GenIII 6.0...you can make well over 400 lb/ft. without breaking the bank, and it's still a very simple swap, all things considered.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 05:14 AM   #2277
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Guess who is a very happy camper this morning!!!!

Unread 11-12-2013, 05:22 AM   #2278
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Lucky! I woke up to flurries but nothing stuck. Im hoping for some snow on the trails for lunch break though
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #2279
91AzXJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Time for another burp ur I mean bump.
Unread 11-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #2280
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Good day everyone!

So... got the stuff to replace ccv valves. Now, my system is CCv. But the parts say pcv. However the 2005 wrangler is included on the back and they look the same. Should be OK, right?

Still have squeaky steering. I haven't greased my stuff in a while - could it just be that?

Lastly to conclude my jeep-related thoughts for the day... you know you own a jeep when: all your coworkers have pictures of their families or pets on their PC background and you have a bada** picture of you wheeling.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.