Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process" - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process"

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #211
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I tried that waiting for my trailer. Dont hear it. I have to put it in the shop tomorrow. I need an alignment and differential fluid anyway. I dont have the time to do it this week before going on vacation. The situation was further exacerbated when I saw the closest thing to my twin jeep I have seen yet. Was a swb wrangler, but same color, similar bumper, lifted with 36"s and a frameless black softtop. But alas, I got no wave back as I was driving my lovely friends subaru.

[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 06:51 AM   #212
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Driving my old '97 mercury tracer around today, maybe tomorrow until Alice is fixed. Thought I was going 45mph, looked down and I was going 70. What a change. I cant wait until she is fixed and back in my driveway.

Unread 01-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #213
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

She's back! Im proud to say this was the first serious problem I have had and also diagnosed myself - it was the fuel pump. I am really sad I wasn't able to fix it myself. I am glad that my *** is more than 3" off the ground and I can see over the ever challenging 1ft snowbanks again.

forumrunner_20130121_181507.jpg

Unread 01-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #214
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Glad to hear its fixed. A fuel pump going bad isn't bad at all. I know the new 4 dr's with the 3.6L are having problems and countinue to have ones coming up. The 4.0L is very proven. The only thing that has broke on mine was the water pump last summer and while I was in it I redid the whole cooling system just to be in good shape for another 5 or 6 years at least. I will change water pumps,fuel pumps all day everyday etc vs major drivetrain work.
Unread 01-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #215
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjeep05 View Post
Glad to hear its fixed. A fuel pump going bad isn't bad at all. I know the new 4 dr's with the 3.6L are having problems and countinue to have ones coming up. The 4.0L is very proven. The only thing that has broke on mine was the water pump last summer and while I was in it I redid the whole cooling system just to be in good shape for another 5 or 6 years at least. I will change water pumps,fuel pumps all day everyday etc vs major drivetrain work.
No, it was pretty cheap to fix. I could have probably done it myself in a day. I was mostly upset about the situation in which it failed.

I think when it gets warmer and my knowledge and tool inventory goes I am just going to start picking projects like that and redo everything that will need to be done before it breaks within reason. I have no clue about the prior owners driving or maintenance habits. I plan to have this for a very long time, so it cant hurt.

Unread 01-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #216
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
No, it was pretty cheap to fix. I could have probably done it myself in a day. I was mostly upset about the situation in which it failed.

I think when it gets warmer and my knowledge and tool inventory goes I am just going to start picking projects like that and redo everything that will need to be done before it breaks within reason. I have no clue about the prior owners driving or maintenance habits. I plan to have this for a very long time, so it cant hurt.
Here is a nice build to read if you want to read about maintenance of your Jeep. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/z...-sport-671095/
He does a good job of upgrading and upkeeping on his TJ.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #217
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
Here is a nice build to read if you want to read about maintenance of your Jeep. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/z...-sport-671095/
He does a good job of upgrading and upkeeping on his TJ.
I will certainly read through the thread tomorrow! Thank you so much for your input. Hope everyone is staying warm. I am procrastinating leaving work just because I know it is freezing out.

Unread 01-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #218
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I will certainly read through the thread tomorrow! Thank you so much for your input. Hope everyone is staying warm. I am procrastinating leaving work just because I know it is freezing out.
Why you have a Jeep they have the best heater out there. Your Welcome its a good read.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #219
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post

Why you have a Jeep they have the best heater out there. Your Welcome its a good read.
That is true. I actually burned my foot through my workboots this past fall by leaving the heater on full blast with the top down when I still had to leave home at 430am and drive an hour and a half. My concern was walking across the work parking lot. Lol. Brutal right?

I have been surrounded by sick people. Although im fighting it off very well, im cold even inside which makes outside miserable.

Unread 01-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #220
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Ok, so I know this is such a little thing compared to what I have done but I can not contain my excitement.
My delightful friend/coworker/roomate/artist helped me bigtime getting the image just right with photoshop to get me some custom stickers for my bumper.

Short story, these are the images that are on my favorite pair of shoes ever that just died. They are for Hank Williams III (that's right, hank seniors grandson) who is my most favorite music artist of all time. Half metal, half country. Just like me

Ill clean up the bumper and get a pic of them on there when temps are back in the double digits. I know its just a vinyl print on a layer of pressure sensitive adhesive (sounds much better than glue, dont it?) But I cant stop smiling.

forumrunner_20130122_180510.jpg

Unread 01-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #221
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

O yea you have a nice Jeep and one day it will be a very sought after Jeep. Some diehards myself included think the 2dr LJ was the best built Jeep to date that still has the Jeep feel and the bulletproof 4.0L that simply will never be matched no matter how much horsepower Jeep puts in the soccer mom sixes lol. I orderd my new top today and replace my center console subwoofer today as well. Like you I plan to keep mine a very long time probably till I die lol.

Last edited by blackjeep05; 01-22-2013 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: wording
blackjeep05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 03:30 AM   #222
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjeep05 View Post
O yea you have a nice Jeep and one day it will be a very sought after Jeep. Some diehards myself included think the 2dr LJ was the best built Jeep to date that still has the Jeep feel and the bulletproof 4.0L that simply will never be matched no matter how much horsepower Jeep puts in the soccer mom sixes lol. I orderd my new top today and replace my center console subwoofer today as well. Like you I plan to keep mine a very long time probably till I die lol.
Thank you very much! Im especially fond of the 6 speed manual transmission.

Im hoping this weekend to get my sub replaced as well. I blew it out the first day I bought it.

Unread 01-23-2013, 09:03 AM   #223
Crispynuggets
2001 XJ Cherokee 

What brand of fuel pump did you get? I'm partial to OEM pumps and sensors. Airtex is by far the worst you can get, they're really cheap for a reason.
Crispynuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #224
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Thank you very much! Im especially fond of the 6 speed manual transmission.

Im hoping this weekend to get my sub replaced as well. I blew it out the first day I bought it.
I hear ya. My sub had foam rot and still worked just sounded crappy. I replaced it with the Quadratec one which is plug and play no problems at all. Plus its a better speaker than the factory one it doesn't use the foam so you don't have to worry about it going out in a few years from rot.
Unread 01-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #225
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I am actually not sure about the pump since I had it done by a shop, I will call and ask.

As for my sound system, I think when I get back from vacation I am going to bring it to a local place and have them upgrade everything. I absolutely love music, but I hate dealing with electronics.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.